The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Good post, never quite got or understood the DOF role unless you’re a Man U/C Arsenal Liverpool  etc and scouring for the worlds elite.

A good manager will know good players and doesn’t need a guy hanging about and sometimes undermining the manager and coaching staff telling them who to sign. Maybe I’m older school, but employ decent scouts and you’re nearly there. Managers are in constant touch with agents and vice versa. As SC has posted McGlynn has shown the way with his diving and ducking, not far off Jeffries and McCall way of old.

I can see the point perhaps if you have a young  coach in charge of the side  who perhaps doesn't have the contacts and experience yet.  However, the dof then has to have the right contacts and ability to get the right players in for the coach to work with.  No point in having a dof like Holt in charge of recruitment who'll just come up with excuses when the best striker they can come up with is Jaime bloody Wilson. 

Before he went and signed a rapist there were a few rumblings about McGlynn “moving upstairs” after another season or two with us. With a younger coach, perhaps Berra, taking the reigns with Paul Smith assisting. Wouldn’t be surprised if he tried to do the same at Falkirk if he gets you back and established in the Championship.

26 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I can see the point perhaps if you have a young  coach in charge of the side  who perhaps doesn't have the contacts and experience yet.  However, the dof then has to have the right contacts and ability to get the right players in for the coach to work with.  No point in having a dof like Holt in charge of recruitment who'll just come up with excuses when the best striker they can come up with is Jaime bloody Wilson. 

'Mon now, were you any good at your first job?

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Before he went and signed a rapist there were a few rumblings about McGlynn “moving upstairs” after another season or two with us. With a younger coach, perhaps Berra, taking the reigns with Paul Smith assisting. Wouldn’t be surprised if he tried to do the same at Falkirk if he gets you back and established in the Championship.

Not wanting to rush McGlynn's time as manager through as I'm sure it will be an exciting few years but there is a rumour of a supposed 'future manager' coming in to join the coaching team next year 🫡

How much do you reckon we'll get for CM7 at the end of the season then? 150k plus add ons? Or maybe in the region of 50-100k? I have accepted if we get a decent offer in for him and the player wants to go he will go. Hopefully we could maybe bank some of the money and buy Jack Hamilton from Livi. Granted we would have to be in the championship. Also really hopes Kennedy stays. He's had his best season with us still only 20 

38 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Not wanting to rush McGlynn's time as manager through as I'm sure it will be an exciting few years but there is a rumour of a supposed 'future manager' coming in to join the coaching team next year 🫡

Never heard of this but I doubt we have any desire to bring on a trainee manager. As with this year, any available cash will go to the squad.

At the risk of being hit with another salvo of reddies, but for the sake of the football club that I love, I’m prepared to stick my head above the parapet once more!

Would FSS be legally allowed to access Falkirk FC’s ST mailing list to allow them to do a targeted mail drop appealing for members? And, this is really pushing the envelope, but if we are able to access this mailing list, I wonder if there was some way that people would have to opt out of joining FSS instead of having to opt in? Try to make it an integral part of buying a season ticket? This could maybe be done in conjunction with I think @Bigbrbairn's  idea of paying for your ST monthly.

Even successful business people (which I’m not) occasionally have bad ideas!

Xe điện 3 bánh “cực độc” - Sinclair C5 | Tạp chí Giao thông vận tải

5 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Never heard of this but I doubt we have any desire to bring on a trainee manager. As with this year, any available cash will go to the squad.

I believe what he's hinting at is a senior player coming in with the view of potentially being the manager in the future. As opposed to us bringing in another member of non playing staff.

48 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

How much do you reckon we'll get for CM7 at the end of the season then? 150k plus add ons? Or maybe in the region of 50-100k? I have accepted if we get a decent offer in for him and the player wants to go he will go. Hopefully we could maybe bank some of the money and buy Jack Hamilton from Livi. Granted we would have to be in the championship. Also really hopes Kennedy stays. He's had his best season with us still only 20 

The goalkeeper? I'd be pretty confident you'd get him for free if he wanted to move.

51 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

£0-£10k

29 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Would FSS be legally allowed to access Falkirk FC’s ST mailing list to allow them to do a targeted mail drop

There a a joint FSS and club survey about to go out to all club supporters which obviously in part promotes FSS membership

Down at the stadium shop earlier, quite surprised with the numbers in for Ayr tickets.

Just a suggestion, what about an additional large advertising board dedicated to the FSS and the need for subscription? Ideally placed on the Grangemouth and Bog roads ?

Edited by Springfield