The Falkirk FC Thread

Whilst we are very happy with mcglynn at the moment he hasn't actually achieved anything yet that would make clubs in the top flight take notice at the moment . Promotion, cup semi , challenging in the champ might change that of course but I'd think he's here for a while yet hopefully.

10 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I now qualify for a concession season and asked this year if I could pay the full price with the balance going to the club. They were happy with me paying the extra but wanted that to go to the scheme that was running at the time which allowed less fortunate folk to go to a game.

I'd happily pay more for my ST if the balance was going to the FSS and I'd wager that a good few more folk would too.

Is it still 65 for dinosaur concession rates now pension is put back to 66? What proof is required? Do they count wrinkles? I am the dreaded 65 later in the year so was wondering about process. Bus pass covers the travel costs 🤣🤣

49 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Whilst we are very happy with mcglynn at the moment he hasn't actually achieved anything yet that would make clubs in the top flight take notice at the moment . Promotion, cup semi , challenging in the champ might change that of course but I'd think he's here for a while yet hopefully.

The next couple of weeks will define our season. Two cup ties and then our cup game. If we continue our recent form and approach each game with the same application, desire and hard work we won’t be far away. McGlynn is no fool he’s probably saying “WTF” he’ll be here for next season trust me. 

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Is it still 65 for dinosaur concession rates now pension is put back to 66? What proof is required? Do they count wrinkles? I am the dreaded 65 later in the year so was wondering about process. Bus pass covers the travel costs 🤣🤣

Aye, 65. Can't actually remember giving them any proof but I suppose they possibly still had my details from previous years so that would give my age? I didn't actually turn 65 until last September but they gave me the concession ticket as my birthday was during the season. Can't imagine they would do that if your birthday fell on the following April for example but you never know?

20 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, 65. Can't actually remember giving them any proof but I suppose they possibly still had my details from previous years so that would give my age? I didn't actually turn 65 until last September but they gave me the concession ticket as my birthday was during the season. Can't imagine they would do that if your birthday fell on the following April for example but you never know?

Mine is August so i will try. Thanks

13 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

It's obviously a long time ago now, but I think McGlynn's time at Hearts may still put off clubs in the Premiership.

I think he is more suited to a club our size where he is basically in control of the football side of things.  Clubs like hearts, Aberdeen etc you start having to work with dofs and recruitment teams and can end up getting players foisted on you you don't want. As we've seen his contacts are streets above the last few managers we've had and other clubs trust him with their players. Compare our January window to the ones we've had under McKinnon, m and m, sheerin and Rennie for a start. Over the last few years anyone that's criticised our January dealings on here has repeatedly been told that old line of do you know how difficult it is to get players in in this window. Well mcglynns just shown that if you have the right contacts and reputation then you can achieve a lot in January 

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think he is more suited to a club our size where he is basically in control of the football side of things.  Clubs like hearts, Aberdeen etc you start having to work with dofs and recruitment teams and can end up getting players foisted on you you don't want. As we've seen his contacts are streets above the last few managers we've had and other clubs trust him with their players. Compare our January window to the ones we've had under McKinnon, m and m, sheerin and Rennie for a start. Over the last few years anyone that's criticised our January dealings on here over the last few years has repeatedly been told that old line of do you know how difficult it is to get players in in this window. Well mcglynns just shown that if you have the right contacts and reputation then you can achieve a lot in January 

Good post, never quite got or understood the DOF role unless you’re a Man U/C Arsenal Liverpool  etc and scouring for the worlds elite.

A good manager will know good players and doesn’t need a guy hanging about and sometimes undermining the manager and coaching staff telling them who to sign. Maybe I’m older school, but employ decent scouts and you’re nearly there. Managers are in constant touch with agents and vice versa. As SC has posted McGlynn has shown the way with his diving and ducking, not far off Jeffries and McCall way of old.