The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

A real good plan would be to bring in a season ticket plus option. Instead of paying the perhaps £240 in a one go an option of paying £30 a month with £10 of it going to FSS membership might draw in a few. People already FSS member could pay the standard £20 but could agree to take the plus scheme and increase their involement.

Thats a really good idea.

5 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

A real good plan would be to bring in a season ticket plus option. Instead of paying the perhaps £240 in a one go an option of paying £30 a month with £10 of it going to FSS membership might draw in a few. People already FSS member could pay the standard £20 but could agree to take the plus scheme and increase their involement.

Is that not in principle what the membership scheme is? 

14 hours ago, Donathan said:

Every time we play Airdrie the lad Gabby McGill impresses me. We should sign him.

He always gets right stuck in, wins headers and causes an absolute nuisance of himself but he doesn't really have any end product. Still only 22 right enough.

Quite happily take Frizzell or Smith off their hands this summer though.

Edited by FFC 1876

8 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

That's a fair point, though I think it's irrelevant as I'll explain in a minute. 

To back up your theory, lets take a scenario:- prices need to rise. The patrons have no objections because they probably have more disposable income available so the increases won't affect them. Whereas the FSS members may be more affected as the increase in the price of a season ticket could be harder for some of their members to find. 

So under the circumstances, it's reasonable to assume the two groups could have differing views. 

However, it's irrelevant because policy is not decided by the groups. It's decided by their BOD appointees who make decisions on their own. They don't poll their members to test the water, as doing so would be a breach of confidentiality. You can't exactly ask six hundred plus FSS members whether we should approach John McGlynn to become the next manager. Or even two dozen patrons. One of them would be guaranteed to leak. 

The opinions of the two group members don't matter. What's important is that their appointees can work together, which so far appears to be happening. I'm not sure why people try to turn that into a conflict scenario. 

They are there to represent the interests of the fss though and ensure decisions are made that would be favoured by their membership otherwise there is absolutely no point in groups having members on the bod.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

He always gets right stuck in, wins headers and causes an absolute nuisance of himself but he doesn't really have any end product. Still only 22 right enough.

Quite happily take Frizzell or Smith off their hands this summer though.

Frizzell is a cracking wee player. Always liked him at Killie and was very surprised when he left and only ended up playing part time for dumbarton.Can never understand why he's stuck at Airdrie playing in front of a few hundred folk every other week and getting paid a pittance. He could be playing at a far higher level . He's not one of their part time players I don't think or then I could see why he's hanging about down here.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Guest Brockvillenomore
8 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

That's a fair point, though I think it's irrelevant as I'll explain in a minute. 

To back up your theory, lets take a scenario:- prices need to rise. The patrons have no objections because they probably have more disposable income available so the increases won't affect them. Whereas the FSS members may be more affected as the increase in the price of a season ticket could be harder for some of their members to find. 

So under the circumstances, it's reasonable to assume the two groups could have differing views. 

However, it's irrelevant because policy is not decided by the groups. It's decided by their BOD appointees who make decisions on their own. They don't poll their members to test the water, as doing so would be a breach of confidentiality. You can't exactly ask six hundred plus FSS members whether we should approach John McGlynn to become the next manager. Or even two dozen patrons. One of them would be guaranteed to leak. 

The opinions of the two group members don't matter. What's important is that their appointees can work together, which so far appears to be happening. I'm not sure why people try to turn that into a conflict scenario. 

Exactly. Why does there need to be even the idea of any conflict? I expect there will be differences but they can be resolved by working together we all want the same thing, surely.

9 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

Exactly. Why does there need to be even the idea of any conflict? I expect there will be differences but they can be resolved by working together we all want the same thing, surely.

Conflict isn't always a bad thing though. You want your reps to stand up for the people they represent and not just agree to everything simply to not rock the boat at the end of the day. Compromise only comes about due to differences in opinion to begin with.  

11 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Frizzell is a cracking wee player. Always liked him at Killie and was very surprised when he left and only ended up playing part time for dumbarton.Can never understand why he's stuck at Airdrie playing in front of a few hundred folk every other week and getting paid a pittance. He could be playing at a far higher level . He's not one of their part time players I don't think or then I could see why he's hanging about down here.

Yeah Frizzell is full-time. He had a pretty underwhelming time at Dumbarton to be fair, though it’s easy to understand why he might struggle in a Jim Duffy team. Most Airdrie fans weren’t too fussed when he signed but he’s been a revelation since moving back into a central midfield role. He had to play more of a supporting role to Easton last season and while there was talk of other clubs being interested (Queen’s Park were the main one mentioned), I think a season of being the main man with things built around him must have appealed. His lack of pace might be an issue at a higher level but for a small guy he really puts himself about and is certainly good enough technically. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him or Smith at Falkirk next season if you go up.

7 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I now qualify for a concession season and asked this year if I could pay the full price with the balance going to the club. They were happy with me paying the extra but wanted that to go to the scheme that was running at the time which allowed less fortunate folk to go to a game.

I'd happily pay more for my ST if the balance was going to the FSS and I'd wager that a good few more folk would too.

Can't believe theres been criticism of a board trying to think outside the box and come up with a way of creating a sustainable fan owned model. As i understand it, the new scheme will create a more tiered approach to the FSS, will bring extra benefits, and the additional funds over and above the Season ticket income can all be ring fenced and applied to the football budget, so first team, building the academy, all the things the fans want to be better.

We have 2200 ST holders (or thereabout) and 600 odd FSS members...if we can convert even half of the ST holders not signed up then we instantly close the funding gap that we've been running with for years.

If we found a way of converting existing ST holders and other fans into the new scheme with additional benefits, surely everyones a winner.

As it stands more Falkirk fans travelled to Wick than have joined FSS...if we want the fan ownership model to work then we need to back it.

44 minutes ago, Richie Sacramento said:

Can't believe theres been criticism of a board trying to think outside the box and come up with a way of creating a sustainable fan owned model. As i understand it, the new scheme will create a more tiered approach to the FSS, will bring extra benefits, and the additional funds over and above the Season ticket income can all be ring fenced and applied to the football budget, so first team, building the academy, all the things the fans want to be better.

We have 2200 ST holders (or thereabout) and 600 odd FSS members...if we can convert even half of the ST holders not signed up then we instantly close the funding gap that we've been running with for years.

If we found a way of converting existing ST holders and other fans into the new scheme with additional benefits, surely everyones a winner.

As it stands more Falkirk fans travelled to Wick than have joined FSS...if we want the fan ownership model to work then we need to back it.

I thought the new scheme was entirely seperate to fss . Is that not the case?

11 games left with us still waiting on a new date for Montrose away. Here's the run in.

Falkirk vs Peterhead
Dunfermline vs Alloa

Dunfermline vs Falkirk

Peterhead vs Dunfermline

Queen of the South vs Falkirk
Dunfermline vs FC Edinburgh

Falkirk vs Kelty Hearts
Montrose vs Dunfermline

Clyde vs Falkirk
Dunfermline vs Kelty Hearts

Falkirk vs Dunfermline

Falkirk vs Airdrie
Dunfermline vs Queen of the South

Alloa vs Falkirk
Airdrie vs Dunfermline

Falkirk vs FC Edinburgh
Dunfermline vs Clyde

Peterhead vs Falkirk
Alloa vs Dunfermline

I hope this doesn't sound daft but maybe due to our recent good run of results in the league and progressing so far in the cup that people simply don't realise how precarious our financial situation is and don't think that they need to bother signing up to FSS?

I go nuts during the close season, counting down the days until the new league season starts, imagine a life without having the football to look forward to! Doesn't bear thinking about. You never miss something until it is gone. Maybe shock tactics are called for?

We should hang a huge big banner, 50ft x 80ft, outside the main stand saying that we are going out of business, maybe that would finally get people to donate to the FSS? Times are hard, I understand, but not every fan who hasn't signed up yet is down on their uppers, surely?

(Got it of t'nternet, I know it says everythink instead of everything).

Closing and liquidation signs for your business