The Falkirk FC Thread

23 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Football isn’t like most other businesses. My only wish is to see my club do well on the pitch, be properly run and it is still there for future generations. I don’t see many fans, if any that have a view that is different. Because of that I don’t think agendas are any different no matter the cash injection 

Yes, everyone wants the same thing, but differing views on how that can be achieved is perfectly normal. The agenda / desired outcome is the same, the roadmap might have differences along the way.

If FSS are being charged with not bringing in enough cash, then perhaps it could be done better by people other than the current volunteers. Something tells me there wouldn’t be too many volunteers for that gig.

26 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

crudely speaking while in this division I’d presume it means cutting most of that 400k from the playing budget as this was the initial predicted over spend for the current year. We were told at the AGM the club is basically running on a skeleton staff and depends a lot on its volunteers so there is no more fat left to trim elsewhere. Presuming the average wage (and I’m guessing here) for one of or players is 25 or 30k a year then you can do the math yourself on how badly loosing 400k from the current playing budget would effect us on the park which in turn indirectly effects every other revenue stream the club has. 

Do we have any credible information on what % to turnover for players salaries ?

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Do we have any credible information on what % to turnover for players salaries ?

These figures were all made clear as well. 65% was quoted but I can’t actually remember if that was the target percentage or the actual player wages to turnover ratio. Maybe somebody else who was there has a better memory than me? The numbers will all be in the papers sent out as well so shouldn’t be to difficult to work out a rough figure if you wanted to 

4 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

These figures were all made clear as well. 65% was quoted but I can’t actually remember if that was the target percentage or the actual player wages to turnover ratio. Maybe somebody else who was there has a better memory than me? The numbers will all be in the papers sent out as well so shouldn’t be to difficult to work out a rough figure if you wanted to 

But that was last season on a horrific turnover of 1.3m 

Edited by Back Post Misses

That’s true, probably no point in looking at last years accounts in that respect, they won’t provide an accurate gauge as to this years numbers. Regardless of that I’m sure they said the playing budget should be approximately 65% of turnover in this year. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

5 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

That’s true, probably no point in looking at last years accounts in that respect, they won’t provide an accurate gauge as to this years numbers. Regardless of that I’m sure they said the playing budget should be approximately 65% of turnover in this year. 

Can’t see it being that big TBH. Turnover heading to min £2m we won’t be spending over £1.2m on the player budget 

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Can’t see it being that big TBH. Turnover heading to min £2m we won’t be spending over £1.2m on the player budget 

Maybe I’ve picked it up wrong, I’m pretty sure the figure was 65% but can’t honestly say I completely took everything in. Maybe someone else who was there will clarify. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

6 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Maybe I’ve picked it up wrong, I’m pretty sure the figure was 65% but can’t honestly say I completely took everything in. Maybe someone else who was there will clarify. 

Of course it depends what they put in that budget 

46 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The 65% reported by others ties in with my recollection of the AGM. I think it was stated that was a general target for all clubs and would be ours going forwards. 

As BPM alluded to, it depends on what's included in that budget. My assumption is the that players salaries are not a standalone figure. The 65% football budget will likely include things like physio, match analysis, scouts, hotels, team bus, meals and even pre-season tours if we ever have one again. 

19 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Need to study the AGM papers. If the quoted ratios aren’t to far off, and the suggested player’s percentage isn’t far away, there’s considerable cash flowing out the club. 

Little point looking at last years numbers TBH. That is nothing like the picture now. 

Did the discussion around ticket prices go into detail? Our ticket prices may not have risen for a while but current adult prices are already high for League One. On the other hand, kids getting in for free is brilliant 

CF7F3FF1-B51B-47DB-8C1F-8827ADDC9F5B.png

Edited by Shabba

Guest Brockvillenomore
40 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Need to study the AGM papers. If the quoted ratios aren’t to far off, and the suggested player’s percentage isn’t far away, there’s considerable cash flowing out the club. 

The club spends every penny it earns and then, this year an additional £400k. So £1.9m revenue, plus the loss = £2.3m cash out the door.  

41 minutes ago, Shabba said:

Did the discussion around ticket prices go into detail? Our ticket prices may not have risen for a while but current adult prices are already high for League One. On the other hand, kids getting in for free is brilliant 

CF7F3FF1-B51B-47DB-8C1F-8827ADDC9F5B.png

Remember that we are being hit with double digit inflation for the first time in decades.

Will require a £2 increase just to stand still.

27 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Remember that we are being hit with double digit inflation for the first time in decades.

Will require a £2 increase just to stand still.

I,ll take a pitch that the STs price increase will be in line with inflation, and some marginal discount for early bird renewal’s. 

7 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

That one group or the other might have differing views on how certain things can be achieved is a perfectly normal piece of business I would have thought.

That's a fair point, though I think it's irrelevant as I'll explain in a minute. 

To back up your theory, lets take a scenario:- prices need to rise. The patrons have no objections because they probably have more disposable income available so the increases won't affect them. Whereas the FSS members may be more affected as the increase in the price of a season ticket could be harder for some of their members to find. 

So under the circumstances, it's reasonable to assume the two groups could have differing views. 

However, it's irrelevant because policy is not decided by the groups. It's decided by their BOD appointees who make decisions on their own. They don't poll their members to test the water, as doing so would be a breach of confidentiality. You can't exactly ask six hundred plus FSS members whether we should approach John McGlynn to become the next manager. Or even two dozen patrons. One of them would be guaranteed to leak. 

The opinions of the two group members don't matter. What's important is that their appointees can work together, which so far appears to be happening. I'm not sure why people try to turn that into a conflict scenario. 

A real good plan would be to bring in a season ticket plus option. Instead of paying the perhaps £240 in a one go an option of paying £30 a month with £10 of it going to FSS membership might draw in a few. People already FSS member could pay the standard £20 but could agree to take the plus scheme and increase their involement.