The Falkirk FC Thread

This will be 6th time I can remember us going head to head with our Fife friends to win a league. 
From way back in the late 70’s, to the Jim Duffy season, to the 5-0 and they won f**k all year, to one in the late 90’s, to the season they spent a fortune to go up (just before they went bust), to this. Unfortunately they have apart from once got the better of us in these races. (the one in the 70’s was a three way fight which Berwick Rangers actually won) Fingers crossed it is our time. 

Funny how big a factor fate or luck plays sometimes. 

I don't know much about the club's finances but I'm thinking our cup run has enabled us to be a bit more adventurous in the transfer window. Which in turn has greatly increased our likelihood of going up. 

We've now got a squad that I think would be competitive a division up. Incredible turnaround and credit to the board and our excellent management team. 

Guest Ecosse83
14 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Funny how big a factor fate or luck plays sometimes. 

I don't know much about the club's finances but I'm thinking our cup run has enabled us to be a bit more adventurous in the transfer window. Which in turn has greatly increased our likelihood of going up. 

We've now got a squad that I think would be competitive a division up. Incredible turnaround and credit to the board and our excellent management team. 

Momentum does wonderful things in football. Getting to the semis would also cover a fair chunk of any player budgets needed for next season. The guys running the club deserve that good fortune with the work they have done so far!  

Kucheriavyiat - one guy doesn’t change or makes a team, and although it’s only been appearances from the subs bench so far,  he looks different class. Unfortunately it looks like it’s between him and our captain for the same slot, as dropping Nesbitt won’t happen. Some have mentioned that McGinn may be carrying a knock, and maybe not fully fit, for me I think age has simply caught up. Interesting to see how McGlynn sets up on Saturday.

11 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Not sure. Not for us anyway. 

Form and mindset plays a big part, and from this position if we were to surrender the title it would be some job to pick the players back up. For Falkirk they've been behind most of the season having gotten off to a dreadful start, unless they fall of a cliff it should be easy for McGlynn to keep morale and focus high. 

I don't beleive they're a lottery at all, however being the best over the previous 36 games doesn't dictate that you're best suited for the next four. 

And I have no idea about the standard of the Championship this year. 

I just have a feeling we will. Playoffs really haven’t been out strong point over recent years, in fact a fairly poor record but I do think we’ve a decent mentality about us this season to go and shitfest a couple of 1 nils.

37 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Closer than it appeared at real speeds.

069ED822-9439-4ED0-AC1D-8178747D63E2.png

You then have to rotate the image to get a proper view of it. There's been a few times on var down south that a player's looked a mile off but once they get the hawkeye on it they are actually onside.  Very difficult to be accurate with the naked eye.

47 minutes ago, Passionate said:

What's up with it,  probably the exact same pitch you will be getting next s eason or are you guys going hybrid, 

Doubt we would go as cheap as yours. We are a big club you know 

Edited by Back Post Misses

36 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Kucheriavyiat - one guy doesn’t change or makes a team, and although it’s only been appearances from the subs bench so far,  he looks different class. Unfortunately it looks like it’s between him and our captain for the same slot, as dropping Nesbitt won’t happen. Some have mentioned that McGinn may be carrying a knock, and maybe not fully fit, for me I think age has simply caught up. Interesting to see how McGlynn sets up on Saturday.

Convinced Henderson will end up back at CH 

15 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Everytime we played Morton he scored. Every single time. I could give 2 fucks what he did against every other team. 

Not hard to understand you thick f**k

He was a spineless gutless wee shite. Fact 

£1,200,000 loss

Tick tock 

Had a long lie and just clocked on, only to be greeted by these wee gems.

Grampaw's moonshine getting a hammering last night it appears. 😄

Edit: although I've just found the apology, so fair's fair.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think McGlynn said at the AGM that he saw Henderson as being primarily a CB.

Regarding Burrell must have missed what he said or was it Lawal he was talking about?

His voice tends to fade away at times and it’s difficult to pick up.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

McGlynn described him as the centre half cover in his Airdrie pre match cover which filled me with joy as to me it means he definitely see's him as a centre midfielder.

McGill & Gallagher are an absolute nuisance so I'm not surprised Mackie had a difficult game yesterday.

26 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

You then have to rotate the image to get a proper view of it. There's been a few times on var down south that a player's looked a mile off but once they get the hawkeye on it they are actually onside.  Very difficult to be accurate with the naked eye.

Agreed but definitely closer than it appeared at the time. 

27 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

It’s going to change at some point. Why not now? 

Well, hopefully we'll just win the league and not bother with them this year. Over the last ten games we've got the same points tally as Falkirk, do that for another ten games and we've got the title. Simple!