The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

It is certainly a big game. The winner is in the prime position going into the last 1/4. Still think a few points will be dropped by both before season is over. Too many teams fighting for play offs or to avoid relegation. 

Dunfermline obviously still strong favourite’s but our ace card is the depth of squad that we now have.

Everyone capable of playing a part.

3 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Falkirk’s form is good, I think all Pars fans would admit that but ours isn’t awful either and we’re not easy beat. The next two months will be incredibly exciting and although it comes with the expected anxiousness I’d much rather be doing this with you lot than fighting for 8th place in the Championship with Cove or Hamilton. 

Everything pointing to the game on the 7th, absolutely massive. I’d say not quite at the levels of our title decider with Raith that seen just shy of 12,000 through the turnstiles in 2010/11 but not far off, just a shame it’ll be midweek but that may just add to the magic of it. That game with Raith in 2010/11 was nearer the end of the season with only two games each after so it really had that decider feeling about it. A certain John McGlynn was Raith manager that day, wonder if he’ll struggle to get another team in navy blue up for a big game at East End, he has form for it.

I said this on our thread through the week, but I think whoever wins a week on Tuesday will win the league. If it’s a draw then that does more for us than it does for you but both teams have to want to win it. See you all on what I’m sure will be a complete bin fire of a thread when it’s created in the next week! 

Stop being so reasonable. 

Just watched the highlights.  Some thoughts:

- Airdries goal prob isn’t offside- it’s a well timed run (and very well executed lob), and looks like he just about managed to stay level when it was flicked on

- it did however look like a clear penalty for handball.  If nothing else, the slightly embarrassed reaction of the Airdrie player gives it away!

- Donaldson looks to have been involved at a few of the attacking moves.  I definitely think distribution and passing into space is one of his strengths

- I don’t understand why we’re playing Wright ahead of Burrell.  I’m certain we’d have scored two more if Burrell had been on the park.  The move where Morrison takes on several defenders was great, but at no point can he pass to Wright cos the daft p***k was running offside the entire time. 

Looked like a really good game.

4 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

- Airdries goal prob isn’t offside- it’s a well timed run (and very well executed lob), and looks like he just about managed to stay level when it was flicked on

- it did however look like a clear penalty for handball.  If nothing else, the slightly embarrassed reaction of the Airdrie player gives it away!

- Donaldson looks to have been involved at a few of the attacking moves.  I definitely think distribution and passing into space is one of his strengths

- I don’t understand why we’re playing Wright ahead of Burrell.  I’m certain we’d have scored two more if Burrell had been on the park.  The move where Morrison takes on several defenders was great, but at no point can he pass to Wright cos the daft p***k was running offside the entire time. 

The FFCTV guys said on commentary that the FFC analysis guys have better tech than they have and they saw the freeze frame of it and he was off by at least half a yard. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Ate least by the highlights, someone can correct me if I'm wrong but what I like about whaylt they show.... Everytime we are on the ball, the ball is moving there. There's runners and the ball is being moved quickly. That tires out every team in this league and probably explains why we have been so much stronger than others later in games. 

Best example is the build up to Hendos chance, which he took like a striker btw, shame he didn't just squeeze it in. 

Guest Brockvillenomore

If you’d been at the AGM or the game you’d have heard and seen why the manager prefers Wright over Burrell.  

Guest Ecosse83

I was fairly level with the play for their goal and my gut feeling at the time was he was on side but it happened that quickly I wasn’t 100% sure and after watching the highlights I’m still not sure, not that it matters tbf! 

Im buzzing for next Tuesday but need to remind myself we have a game on Saturday first 🤦‍♂️

We were right in line for Airdries first goal. The lad was at least a yard offside and the linesman was miles behind. So he couldn't give it because he was hopeless. 

10 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

It’s why I think we’ll both be in the Championship next season. The form of the top two has been so consistent that whichever one of us finishes in the playoffs will have enough to beat that 9th place Championship club.

9 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Not sure. Not for us anyway. 

Form and mindset plays a big part, and from this position if we were to surrender the title it would be some job to pick the players back up. For Falkirk they've been behind most of the season having gotten off to a dreadful start, unless they fall of a cliff it should be easy for McGlynn to keep morale and focus high. 

Agree with Grant, add to that we are absolutely pish in play offs. Never got through any in what, five or six attempts?