The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

To be fair to the Pars (and it's not often I say that) they have been matching us stride for stride on this run. At least we are making them work for the title and not letting them simply coast over the line. The game at East End is going to be huge 

20230225_212350.thumb.jpg.d6cd0899ccad9f92413ea2364c5c8eb6.jpg

It’s why I think we’ll both be in the Championship next season. The form of the top two has been so consistent that whichever one of us finishes in the playoffs will have enough to beat that 9th place Championship club.

48 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Win the league and Dunfermline don’t go up at all, or win the cup but lose in the playoffs. Pick one. 

If you told me we’d win the cup and spend another ten years in this division I’d take the cup win every day.

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

If you offered me the cup and relegation to League two, I’d even take the cup. You can always bounce back but a cup wins forever.

A cup win would also see us in Europe….probably not for long but it would still be unforgettable…….

Edited by roman_bairn

Not really 

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It’s all getting a bit Alice in Wonderland……

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It’s all getting a bit Alice in Wonderland……

No, many of us having a bit of good nature banter. Huge task to overcome our Fife neighbours, add in the nostalgia of the cup, we’re enjoying a Saturday night!

What. A. Win. 

Deserved every ounce of those 3pts today. Dodgy opening 10/15mins when we gave away every pass but once we scored it was only one team winning it. 

Kinnear was outstanding today, not just the penalty save but that double save 😍.

Rowe, fantastic again. Cracking song too now 😂.  Donaldson too. McCann was better defensively than offence today but still a solid 8/10. Mackie was the trouble maker today with giving the ball away a lot but made some good tackles too. 

Nesbitt, Kennedy & Morrison were at it today & Airdrie struggled to cope. Max when he came on was just flawless again, thought McGinn struggled tbh but if he’s carrying a knock then fair play. Some brilliant work by Hendo today & so close to scoring. Gary Oliver ran them ragged & deserved his goal, he enjoyed it too. 

Fans were on top form, especially from the equaliser onwards. Brilliant to see just over 1,000 head through. We need that noise/backing at home too starting again next Sat. 

You could tell McGlynn loved that at the end today, cheeky wee fist pumps. 🎵 He’s the reason…

Let’s do this for Hilly 🏆💙

Absolutely. Soundly beating Airdrie is a major event, and is another few degrees of the corner turning exercise safely navigated.

We now look much less likely of getting a result like today, and then going on to draw with Peterhead or Clyde.

The Ayr game will be interesting. More or less on a par with Dundee, but they have a physicality to them that we clearly do not. It’s the sort of opposition that will give Nesbitt a couple of dull ones, and that will see him check out for the rest of the game. Hopefully, that doesn’t happen next week.

They will want a bit of a brawl, and if they get their way, we will lose. As much as McGlynn, it will be the ref who decides what sort of a game it will be.

37 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

It’s why I think we’ll both be in the Championship next season. The form of the top two has been so consistent that whichever one of us finishes in the playoffs will have enough to beat that 9th place Championship club.

Not sure. Not for us anyway. 

Form and mindset plays a big part, and from this position if we were to surrender the title it would be some job to pick the players back up. For Falkirk they've been behind most of the season having gotten off to a dreadful start, unless they fall of a cliff it should be easy for McGlynn to keep morale and focus high. 

I don't beleive they're a lottery at all, however being the best over the previous 36 games doesn't dictate that you're best suited for the next four. 

And I have no idea about the standard of the Championship this year.