The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

He was shite for us. That was an absolute fact.

The only thing Pars fans said about Gary Oliver was that he always scored against us for Morton.

Apart from that your post was excellent. Go you

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

A small, but crucial wee correction there, neeb.

Nah, he always scored against Dunfermline for us too. He got about half the goals he ever got for us against Dunfermline.

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

No point talking finances with 1p in the £ FC.

If it’s DAFC, then they didn’t pay 1p in the £. They had Bryan Jackson lower the bar to 0p in the £.

28 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m noticing a slight change in tone from the Fifers posting on our threads. They seem to be a bit more edgy, I think they might be getting a wee tad nervous.

It's not actually great or enjoyable in the grand scheme of things, I actually was just about to post the same. 

Despite how not bothered they are, they seem pretty quick to resort to just launching outright abuse these days, although I will qualify that for the most part it's coming from one or two fairly questionable looking accounts. 

Genuinely thought the very best we could hope for would be the play offs, but if honest didn’t think we could with so many charlatans still signed. McGlynn has played the transfer window brilliantly, got three/four out the door and managed to sign/pinpoint players easily worthy of first team slots with clubs higher than this league. Players I’ve slated - Nesbitt, Morrison, Oliver have shown levels of consistency that I never thought possible. 
Listen to McGlynns after match interview, today he may have played a master stroke in achieving the league title.
Dropping PJ may be a pivotal moment, cautiously McG was excellent in his (interview) appraisal, basically didn’t think PJ is best and hence the change.

Decisions like today will be crucial in the next 10 league game cup finals. 
With all due respect nearly forgot about Ayr…………………..Same application, attitude and desire as today we won’t be far away.

Another great Saturday night, albeit the malts are very good, slurp COYB 

3 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Win the league and Dunfermline don’t go up at all, or win the cup but lose in the playoffs. Pick one. 

It might not be the best decision financially but I would take the cup. I’m 56 and the chances of seeing that in my lifetime after 3 final defeats are diminishing. Cup winners is in the club history forever.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Falkirk’s form is good, I think all Pars fans would admit that but ours isn’t awful either and we’re not easy beat. The next two months will be incredibly exciting and although it comes with the expected anxiousness I’d much rather be doing this with you lot than fighting for 8th place in the Championship with Cove or Hamilton. 

Everything pointing to the game on the 7th, absolutely massive. I’d say not quite at the levels of our title decider with Raith that seen just shy of 12,000 through the turnstiles in 2010/11 but not far off, just a shame it’ll be midweek but that may just add to the magic of it. That game with Raith in 2010/11 was nearer the end of the season with only two games each after so it really had that decider feeling about it. A certain John McGlynn was Raith manager that day, wonder if he’ll struggle to get another team in navy blue up for a big game at East End, he has form for it.

I said this on our thread through the week, but I think whoever wins a week on Tuesday will win the league. If it’s a draw then that does more for us than it does for you but both teams have to want to win it. See you all on what I’m sure will be a complete bin fire of a thread when it’s created in the next week! 

Edited by The Toun Clock

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

It might not be the best decision financially but I would take the cup. I’m 56 and the chances of seeing that after 3 final defeats are diminishing. Cup winners is in the club history forever.

Mixed feelings as same T-shirt, however had my drill down here and promotion for me

2 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Falkirk’s form is good, I think all Pars fans would admit that but ours isn’t awful either and we’re not easy beat. The next two months will be incredibly exciting and although it comes with the expected anxiousness I’d much rather be doing this with you lot than fighting for 8th place in the Championship.

Everything pointing to the game on the 7th, absolutely massive. I’d say not quite at the levels of our title decider with Raith that seen just shy of 12,000 through the turnstiles in 2010/11 but not far off, just a shame it’ll be midweek but that may just add to the magic of it. That game with Raith in 2010/11 was nearer the end of the season with only two games each after so it really had that decider feeling about it. A certain John McGlynn was Raith manager that day, wonder if he’ll struggle to get another team in navy blue up for a big game at East End, he has form for it.

I said this on our thread through the week, but I think whoever wins a week on Tuesday will win the league. If it’s a draw then that does more for us than it does for you but both teams have to want to win it. See you all on what I’m sure will be a complete bin fire of a thread when it’s created in the next week! 

Common sense post with no aggression, now that’s refreshing, well done and I agree.

50 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m noticing a slight change in tone from the Fifers posting on our threads. They seem to be a bit more edgy, I think they might be getting a wee tad nervous.

Going by the rather vicious nature of the posts they are filling their nappies.

To be fair to the Pars (and it's not often I say that) they have been matching us stride for stride on this run. At least we are making them work for the title and not letting them simply coast over the line. The game at East End is going to be huge 

20230225_212350.thumb.jpg.d6cd0899ccad9f92413ea2364c5c8eb6.jpg

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876