The Falkirk FC Thread

21 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Great start.

Yep, but look on the bright side. It gives us a chance to boost our points tally from a losing position.

Half an hour in, and this could easily be yet another battering from Airdrie.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Keeper at fault for the opener and his poor positioning helped the ball fall to their boy before McCann hacked him down. However, excellent save from the penalty. Not confident from him overall though. We’ve deserved the draw at least so far. Good chances from Henderson and Olivier before the equaliser.

Edited by Tea and Busquets

It’s a bit of a messy game, but fair play for getting back into it. Downside so far is the keeper not having the best of days. Upside is Charlie Telfer missing the penalty.

22 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Keeper at fault for the opener and his poor positioning helped the ball fall to their boy before McCann hacked him down. However, excellent save from the penalty. Not confident from him overall though. We’ve deserved the draw at least so far. Good chances from Henderson and Olivier before the equaliser.

He didn't have much chance with their goal to be fair.  His distribution is a lot better than PJ's in my opinion.

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

He didn't have much chance with their goal to be fair.  His distribution is a lot better than PJ's in my opinion.

Yeah I agree with your take. I feel a lot more comfortable with Kinnear so far. He looks a lot more confident collecting crosses etc 

16 minutes ago, ClathyDave said:

Yeah I agree with your take. I feel a lot more comfortable with Kinnear so far. He looks a lot more confident collecting crosses etc 

He does. Settled well after a nervy opening. Kai Kennedy steps up with his second. Excellent stuff. 
If we end up in the play offs, fair chance it’s Airdrie we’d be up against, so no better time to change the Airdrie narrative.

11 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

He does. Settled well after a nervy opening. Kai Kennedy steps up with his second. Excellent stuff. 
If we end up in the play offs, fair chance it’s Airdrie we’d be up against, so no better time to change the Airdrie narrative.

Airdrie, who have previously had a hoodoo over us, are at this moment 9 points off us, 12 goals worse off. And have played a game more. 

They are also at this point out of the play offs entirely. 

The time of that hoodoo is ended. 

We're actually.operaring in something like a wee micro season now. The improvements McGlynn has made in January has thus team streets ahead of everyone else in the chasing pack. We just need to see H2H how they stack against Dunfermline.

It's a shame it came a bit late, most likely too late, but we've seen against Edinburgh and now Airdrie, we're now a lot better than these sides. The playoffs should hold zero fear if that's what we need. 

Time for others to fear this team for me Jeff. 

IF Alloa can get a draw with the pars next week, and that's not impossible as we saw how tricky they can be last week, we could be playing to be top of the league the following week at east end park. Massive

Note: we need to beat Peterhead at home while they play Alloa 

Guest Ecosse83

Bar a 10 to 15 minute spell we were better all over today. Thought Nesbitt was brilliant as were most. Not sure what Mackie was up to at times but nice 3 points again. 

46 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

McGlynn should get manager of the month for his transfer window dealings alone.

Tremendous strength in depth now from keeper to forwards.

Could be crucial in the run in.

hardly, his budget dwarves every team in the league.