The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

You can lead a horse to water…………springs to mind. The business model and the only model is one where at worst we break even.
We cannot go into every season with a potential shortfall/loss of around 0.4M/0.5M.

Fully understand that the club needs additional finance, but genuinely hope that it’s not at the expense of the fans heartstrings. 
We don’t need another “fund raising” and for me concentrate more on building the FSS.
Falkirk Forever” maybe only a suggestion, but please gimme a break.

It isn’t growing quickly enough. I really don’t know how many times that has to be said. 
I don’t know why, probably numerous reasons from finance to not believing in the model to don’t care enough to shares not being in a fans name. 
Frustrating, very frustrating

10 minutes ago, Brockers61 said:

I got the impression at the meeting that it was more than a suggestion and plans were already in place to launch the scheme. A few issues were raised and a few dissenting voices from the floor so perhaps they will take heed of the feedback and quietly bin the idea.     

So how does the club raise the finance required quickly enough? Not having a go or being supportive of the scheme just merely trying to see what other ideas maybe out there 

Edited by Back Post Misses

12 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

So how does the club raise the finance required quickly enough? Not having a go or being supportive of the scheme just merely trying to see what other ideas maybe out there 

I really don't know and if there was an obvious solution I'm sure it would have been raised by now.

One of the issues seems to be that we are continually targeting fundraising at the same group of fans. As was suggested last night perhaps an appeal to the Falkirk diaspora would be worth trying. 5 million living in Scotland but another 25 million of Scottish descent living elsewhere so if we apply that factor of 5 to the 4000 who turned up last Saturday then we are looking at potentially 20,000 people around the world with a Falkirk connection of some sort. Create a 'Bairns Abroad' club or some such grouping where they can join and receive updates on the club etc and membership guarantees them a free match ticket when they come home from Australia or wherever to visit Falkirk.

Whatever the solution is we need to start thinking creatively about it as continually asking the same set of fans to regularly dig deeper into their pockets isn't going to work in the long term.        

The club could never had envisaged what has happened in the past couple of years, and the timing for joining the FSS couldn’t have been at a worst time. Add on the past five years, yet another new BOD and you can see why the uptake is slow or poor depending how you view the initial numbers. I,ll be upping my monthly contribution and probably taking another membership for a family member. My circumstances allow that but many good people I know cannot contribute at present.
We have one of the richest guys in the planet three miles from our doorstep, ready to bid 4/5 Billion for a ManU down at Ineos - have we made any approach to the company or representatives for some local financial support/backing ?

8 minutes ago, Brockers61 said:

I really don't know and if there was an obvious solution I'm sure it would have been raised by now.

One of the issues seems to be that we are continually targeting fundraising at the same group of fans. As was suggested last night perhaps an appeal to the Falkirk diaspora would be worth trying. 5 million living in Scotland but another 25 million of Scottish descent living elsewhere so if we apply that factor of 5 to the 4000 who turned up last Saturday then we are looking at potentially 20,000 people around the world with a Falkirk connection of some sort. Create a 'Bairns Abroad' club or some such grouping where they can join and receive updates on the club etc and membership guarantees them a free match ticket when they come home from Australia or wherever to visit Falkirk.

Whatever the solution is we need to start thinking creatively about it as continually asking the same set of fans to regularly dig deeper into their pockets isn't going to work in the long term.        

Out of interest I've just checked how many followers the Clubs official Facebook page has - amazingly it's over 21,000 which perhaps indicates how many people follow the team without ever having set foot inside the Stadium.  

58 minutes ago, Brockers61 said:

I don’t think I necessarily agree that we are continually asking the same individuals to keep contributing more, it may well end up being the same 5 or 600 fans that end up doing so again but the way I’ve interpreted any messaging from the club, the patrons group or FSS is them trying to encourage the other core 4000 or so fans who aren’t members of one of the two fans groups or who tend not to contribute anything more than the price of a ticket on match day to sign up to one of these initiatives (if they can afford it) so as we don’t keep having to go back to that same small section of the fan base continually and the responsibility of having a fan owned club (if that is indeed what fans want) is spread amongst a wider proportion of the fan group. I have reservations about it but the “forever Falkirk” thing is obviously another attempt at doing just that, trying to engage those fans who could afford to but haven’t yet joined either the FSS or Patrons groups. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

47 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It isn’t growing quickly enough. I really don’t know how many times that has to be said. 
I don’t know why, probably numerous reasons from finance to not believing in the model to don’t care enough to shares not being in a fans name. 
Frustrating, very frustrating

It isn't growing quickly enough for what?

Worth taking a step back and remembering that providing a source of income is a consequence and not the cause of FSS.

Just watching the Raith v Ayr game, and Ayr look like our type of nightmare. A team of big units who are happy to indulge in the physical side of things.

McGlynn sitting up the back of the stand taking it all in. I wish Paul Smith was still of playing age……he loved a scrap on the park.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

You can recycle old bean tins for rattling outside one of your 3 stands on matchdays. Being metal they'll make a richt noise, ken, when the 10 bob bits hit the tin.