The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Yeah, I've just made up lyrics mocking a dead player from my club, good one Grant

You have, and it is very odd. 

2 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

I suppose you don't remember the police barricade after the game to allow home fans to pass safely aswell?

Are you telling me, that the police segregated fans? Next you'll be telling me they were segregated in the stadium! 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

There was several people posting about the songs from both sides of fans. People distinctly saying it's poor on both ends which it absolutely is. Honestly this just makes you lose all credibility coming on to criticise our fans and in the same breath denying any wrong doing when thousands of people have heard it. This was both games this season and both have been remarked upon. In fact I even vaguely remember some Dunfermline fans joining in this conversation and saying both groups need to clamp down on it. At least we can admit and call out poor behaviour, maybe you should have a look at yourself and why you are not happy to call out terrible behaviour by your own fans. 

There was? I'd love to see those posts about the Gowans songs, if there's several posts from both games then it should be very easy to find. From memory there was one post claiming it had happened at the second game, which wasn't verified by anyone, and was swiftly shut down. There was plenty messages about the Norrie chants which were heard by thousands though. 

I'm denying it because it is absolute fiction, there's a ton of footage of the Dunfermline fans after the game, who stayed for quite some time in the stadium. At no point was that song belted out in the stadium. 

There has absolutely been shite behaviour by Dunfermline fans at these games at the past, to say that Craig Gowans song was sung en masse and was all you could hear is an absolute nonsense though. I've no idea why that story has been fabricated. 

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’d just drop out of the conversation. He’s an attention seeker looking for a reaction through being controversial.

All decent fans know the stuff about Norrie and Craig is disgusting and needs eradicated. We’ve known that for years.

The fact he wants to keep it going through constantly discussing it and not only that he wanted to know lyrics of the death of a teenage laddie is fucking sick.

My advice would be don’t get involved in any conversation with him.

You're a wise man. And a lot less stubborn than me

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’d just drop out of the conversation. He’s an attention seeker looking for a reaction through being controversial.

All decent fans know the stuff about Norrie and Craig is disgusting and needs eradicated. We’ve known that for years.

The fact he wants to keep it going through constantly discussing it and not only that he wanted to know lyrics of the death of a teenage laddie is fucking sick.

My advice would be don’t get involved in any conversation with him.

I just wanted to know if the bloke would go as far as to make up lyrics tbh. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

Are you telling me, that the police segregated fans? Next you'll be telling me they were segregated in the stadium! 

There was? I'd love to see those posts about the Gowans songs, if there's several posts from both games then it should be very easy to find. From memory there was one post claiming it had happened at the second game, which wasn't verified by anyone, and was swiftly shut down. There was plenty messages about the Norrie chants which were heard by thousands though. 

I'm denying it because it is absolute fiction, there's a ton of footage of the Dunfermline fans after the game, who stayed for quite some time in the stadium. At no point was that song belted out in the stadium. 

There has absolutely been shite behaviour by Dunfermline fans at these games at the past, to say that Craig Gowans song was sung en masse and was all you could hear is an absolute nonsense though. I've no idea why that story has been fabricated. 

Never did I once say it was sung "en masse" or during the game. But yes I did only hear Craig gowans songs after the game and not much else, obviously a smaller group of fannies looking for a reaction. What do I gain about lying?

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I just wanted to know if the bloke would go as far as to make up lyrics tbh. 

Nah, you are a sick b*****d wanting to know that. Now do us and yourself a favour and leave the forum.

I’m all for banter but you’ve went too far with the stuff about Craig. We are all good people on this forum, it was very upsetting for us and our whole club when it happened so just bugger off.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

4 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Never did I once say it was sung "en masse" or during the game. But yes I did only hear Craig gowans songs after the game and not much else, obviously a smaller group of fannies looking for a reaction. What do I gain about lying?

I have no idea, I can only presume some form of whataboutery? 

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Nah, you are a sick b*****d wanting to know that. Now do us and yourself a favour and leave the forum.

I’m all for banter but you’ve went too far with the stuff about Craig. We are all good people on this forum, it was very upsetting for us and our whole club when it happened so just bugger off.

Asking someone to confirm a story which directly contradicts my experience of the day, and that of my friends who were there? I've spoken to pals who were at the game that day and not a single one can remember this incident, all were sat at the right hand side of the stand, where all the singing was and not one person can remember this happening. It's not on the post match videos that there were plenty off, it's not mentioned on the post match part of the thread, nothing. If I was to post on here that I heard Falkirk fans sing/chant an extremely sick and offensive song, would you just nod your head and go "yup, that happened", even if you were there and didn't heard or see it? Even if you knew lots of other people who were there and they didn't hear or see it? You'd just accept the story at face value? 

I've said nothing bad about Gowans and nor will I ever, I find the pish that goes with this game and surrounds it absolutely repugnant, social media before the game is particularly, fucking vile. My post about Falkirk releasing a statement to head off the Norrie songs wasn't intended as one up manship or pointscoring, as I said you can't help who supports your club, however clubs can help steer behaviour. The Norrie chants at TFS were as loud as they've ever been, while they are roundly criticised on here they are bizarrely, gaining in popularity, heading that off would be nice. 

Again, you can't help everyone, the club can have the most forward thinking, progressive views but it won't stop the idiot with a shout (ala Rice) or the scumbag on twitter, but if songs are getting belted out loud enough they can be heard at the other end of the stadium that's poor and should be headed off, I don't think that's a controversial opinion at all, it's certainly not fishing and it's certainly not pointscoring. Falkirk fans all agree that the Norrie stuff is pish, I don't get why so many have gotten defensive here with it. 

2 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Because you're denying my experience because you and a few mates didn't hear it? I couldn't care less about any form of whataboutery, I find it boring. You saw it on Twitter especially in the days leading up to it so why is so hard to believe that some people dare say it in real life.

I did, I'm reasonably confident I even commented pre Match that twitter was particularly horrible. It wouldn't surprise or shock me in the slightest if there was shouts/comments from individuals. I find it extremely hard to beleive in this instance, and it might just be your wording that "It's all you could hear", that to me says it was a large cohort of people, with volume, I find that hard to beleive because it directly contradicts the experience that I had, and that my mates had. I have hand on heart never heard that song, your story just doesn't add up for me. 

"all i could hear" meaning no other Dunfermline songs, there were other gowans songs but I couldnt understand what they were saying, from that specific group of 30-40 behind the police horses/vans. Final point is, I am not lying and would never lie about that, just saying what I heard on the day, no dead person should be disrespected like that as it's truly disgusting.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I have no idea, I can only presume some form of whataboutery? 

Asking someone to confirm a story which directly contradicts my experience of the day, and that of my friends who were there? I've spoken to pals who were at the game that day and not a single one can remember this incident, all were sat at the right hand side of the stand, where all the singing was and not one person can remember this happening. It's not on the post match videos that there were plenty off, it's not mentioned on the post match part of the thread, nothing. If I was to post on here that I heard Falkirk fans sing/chant an extremely sick and offensive song, would you just nod your head and go "yup, that happened", even if you were there and didn't heard or see it? Even if you knew lots of other people who were there and they didn't hear or see it? You'd just accept the story at face value? 

I've said nothing bad about Gowans and nor will I ever, I find the pish that goes with this game and surrounds it absolutely repugnant, social media before the game is particularly, fucking vile. My post about Falkirk releasing a statement to head off the Norrie songs wasn't intended as one up manship or pointscoring, as I said you can't help who supports your club, however clubs can help steer behaviour. The Norrie chants at TFS were as loud as they've ever been, while they are roundly criticised on here they are bizarrely, gaining in popularity, heading that off would be nice. 

Again, you can't help everyone, the club can have the most forward thinking, progressive views but it won't stop the idiot with a shout (ala Rice) or the scumbag on twitter, but if songs are getting belted out loud enough they can be heard at the other end of the stadium that's poor and should be headed off, I don't think that's a controversial opinion at all, it's certainly not fishing and it's certainly not pointscoring. Falkirk fans all agree that the Norrie stuff is pish, I don't get why so many have gotten defensive here with it. 

Just because you didn’t hear it doesn’t mean to say it didn’t happen.

All clubs have their share of knuckle draggers, Falkirk and Dunfermline are no different.

There is no place in the game for chants and songs regarding death, disabilities, addictions, homophobia etc.

Clubs can only do so much to try and prevent, but do all clubs do enough, not IMO 

Edited by grumpyoldman

3 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Yeah, I've just made up lyrics mocking a dead player from my club, good one Grant

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Pars FC on Twitter: "That time again 😮💨⚡️ SOOOOO BYE BYE MISS AMERICAN PIE CRAIGY GOWANS TOUCHED THE WIRE BUT THE WIRE WAS LIVE" / Twitter

You've had a stinker here Grant

Edited by lanky_ffc