The Falkirk FC Thread

There’s no doubt on their game Airdrie are one of the best teams in the league, but subject to one or two puzzling results. Guess who hasn't in this league, apart from fife who seem to have a level of consistency that keeps them top for the majority of the season so far.
We’ve hit a really good run of form, and although there’s still the fourth quarter to play,  three points on Saturday could be pivotal for both teams. A draw doesn’t suit anyone, so expecting a cracking game. As said it’s games like this we’ve struggled with so if we’ve aspirations of topping the league let it begin on Saturday.

9 hours ago, Passionate said:

No chance of McCabe getting suspended for the game,,

How many will Falkirk bring next week,   Champions elect Dunfermline have brought the biggest away support to the Excelsior so far this season , they brought 800 plus last week,   

Be surprised if there is not 1200+

10 hours ago, Passionate said:

How many will Falkirk bring next week,   Champions elect Dunfermline have brought the biggest away support to the Excelsior so far this season , they brought 800 plus last week,   

An invitation, on our own thread no less, to a crowdwank? Welcome brother, make yourself comfy x

14 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

The last game we played Airdrie at the stadium we dominated and really should have been 2/3 nil up before a bit of sloppy play let them back in it. 

Alegria had the stone wall penalty turned down when Watson decided to run through the back of him when he was one on one with the keeper, that would have killed the game.

Hopefully Henderson's injury wasn't too bad and we can keep the same starting line up as yesterday as Henderson will run right over the top of Telfer & Mccabe(if he's not suspended after his comments about the ref yesterday)

Airdrie really aren’t all that, it’s a team we should’ve beaten by now but I’m still worried about playing them tbh.

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Good statement from the club re Brian Rice. 

I wrote him a personal email apologising - he replied with an email noting that he did not think many Falkirk fans agreed with the idiot but saying it should not be something that should be ignored and that he felt he needed to remark on it publicly.  Nice guy.

49 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is Olaf Thom the walloper that used to post on here and on One F ? 

5B2E36DD-32D2-4E28-92C3-F7930EC0B683.png

Oh the irony of that tweet! 

It's like actions have consequences ... except if you're a fan and then you should be absolved and not admonished.

It might be "part of the game" but quite rightly it's one we should be attempting to stamp out.

Edited by Blame Me

Whatever the fan shouted at the weekend, it may not have been the worst shout ever, however what fans like that ‘Olaf’ fail to think about or consider is the impact of addictions on people and their families. As Rice said himself I hope none of us have to go through that with our families. I don’t think the individual should be banned, however be made to apologise.

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Whatever the fan shouted at the weekend, it may not have been the worst shout ever, however what fans like that ‘Olaf’ fail to think about or consider is the impact of addictions on people and their families. As Rice said himself I hope none of us have to go through that with our families. I don’t think the individual should be banned, however be made to apologise.

Nope, don’t agree sorry. A ban is necessary if we want to set an example here. How many more times are our support going to get vilified in the press due to the actions of one or two individuals?

You get the Olaf Thom’s of this world thinking it’s no big deal.

If, and it’s extremely unlikely, the person contacts the club before he’s caught and shows genuine remorse, then perhaps a ban for the remainder of the season could suffice….

10 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Nope, don’t agree sorry. A ban is necessary if we want to set an example here. How many more times are our support going to get vilified in the press due to the actions of one or two individuals?

You get the Olaf Thom’s of this world thinking it’s no big deal.

If, and it’s extremely unlikely, the person contacts the club before he’s caught and shows genuine remorse, then perhaps a ban for the remainder of the season could suffice….

The thing with that is in the past what was acceptable or accepted isn't any longer, we all came out with sick jokes or done or said things when we were younger that we regret later in life as we got older but think back and say to ourselves why did I think that was funny it isn't,  or life has shown you a hand that echoes one of those jokes.

In this day and age and having had mental health issues myself, when you are in a good place in your mind and something or someone does something that messes that up it sets you back.  For what Ricey has been through with the club as a player and part of the coaching staff in the past he doesn't deserve that it's not like he has ever behaved like Higgy towards us.

I doubt anyone will come forward, but if the culprit is caught I do think they should make a face-to-face apology and ask for forgiveness from Ricey as a gesture of showing some remorse.