The Falkirk FC Thread

Seems a bit harsh to me.

Extremely idiotic and misplaced shout, but maybe one they thought was funny. You’ll hear far worse bile from thousands in Glasgow every single wekeend.

Rice seems like the sort of man who’d prefer an apology and conversation face to face - give them that chance, I bet it’d have more impact too. 

3 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Seems a bit harsh to me.

Extremely idiotic and misplaced shout, but maybe one they thought was funny. You’ll hear far worse bile from thousands in Glasgow every single wekeend.

Rice seems like the sort of man who’d prefer an apology and conversation face to face - give them that chance, I bet it’d have more impact too. 

You would hear worse, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't demand better. You are correct re the potential impact of having them sit face to face with Rice 

It’s a terrible way to treat anyone never mind a guy who served our club brilliantly as both a player and coach. One of my favourite players in a very good team in the 90’s.

Glad to see the club are investigating it.

Anyway, my first experience of Ricey was via Saint and Greavsie when Forest sighed David Currie and they found great hilarity on the thought of Currie and Rice being in the same team. Well, the teenage me found it funny. 

28 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Seems a bit harsh to me.

Please don’t compare us to those pollutions.

5 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I think the club prefer to keep the kids out of the limelight until they sign professional contracts. Given that many of them (perhaps the majority?) will still be at school  that's probably understandable.  

I can confirm that the Walking Footballers are in exactly the same position! :lol:⚽

Probably more worried about next Saturday than i am about games against the Fifers. They really worked us over at their place early in the season even if the scoreline was a bit flattering due to the semding off. Think this will be a real test of our new resolve and improvements.  Airdrie are a very good team and we need to have a game plan a bit different i think. A game where we need Morrison and Kennedy to be at their best. Dont know why Airdrie went through a bad patch before Xmas? Injuries?

The last game we played Airdrie at the stadium we dominated and really should have been 2/3 nil up before a bit of sloppy play let them back in it. 

Alegria had the stone wall penalty turned down when Watson decided to run through the back of him when he was one on one with the keeper, that would have killed the game.

Hopefully Henderson's injury wasn't too bad and we can keep the same starting line up as yesterday as Henderson will run right over the top of Telfer & Mccabe(if he's not suspended after his comments about the ref yesterday)

33 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Probably more worried about next Saturday than i am about games against the Fifers. They really worked us over at their place early in the season even if the scoreline was a bit flattering due to the semding off. Think this will be a real test of our new resolve and improvements.  Airdrie are a very good team and we need to have a game plan a bit different i think. A game where we need Morrison and Kennedy to be at their best. Dont know why Airdrie went through a bad patch before Xmas? Injuries?

A mixture of a few different things. Having a rubbish keeper didn’t help but after the 6-0 Edinburgh debacle confidence was clearly low and with a young, ridiculously small squad (literally 12 fit outfielders for a while), it took a while to get going again. We’re an odd team, veering from sensational attacking football to calamitous mistakes, often in the same game, and that run saw plenty of the latter without much of the former. McGlynn was at our 4-3 defeat to Dunfermline so he’ll have seen how dangerous we can be going forward but also how pronounced our weaknesses can be.

Next week will be a very tough game. Rae being out is a massive blow and whether it’s Hutton or another young keeper, I’d imagine Falkirk will feel more confident knowing Rae won’t be playing. We played a diamond against Dunfermline which worked well but could leave us exposed against Morrison and Kennedy. I’ve gone for a score draw but I’m certainly not expecting another 4-0. 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

The last game we played Airdrie at the stadium we dominated and really should have been 2/3 nil up before a bit of sloppy play let them back in it. 

Alegria had the stone wall penalty turned down when Watson decided to run through the back of him when he was one on one with the keeper, that would have killed the game.

Hopefully Henderson's injury wasn't too bad and we can keep the same starting line up as yesterday as Henderson will run right over the top of Telfer & Mccabe(if he's not suspended after his comments about the ref yesterday)

No chance of McCabe getting suspended for the game,,

How many will Falkirk bring next week,   Champions elect Dunfermline have brought the biggest away support to the Excelsior so far this season , they brought 800 plus last week,   

10 minutes ago, Passionate said:

a) How many will Falkirk bring next week,   b) Champions elect Dunfermline have brought the biggest away support to the Excelsior so far this season , c) they brought 800 plus last week,   

a) When we tell you how many we'll bring you'll then accuse us of crowdwanking! 😋

b) Don't count your chickens just yet. 🙏

c) I would expect us to top that. ✊🚀

Edited by Bairn in Exile

6 hours ago, Passionate said:

How many will Falkirk bring next week,   Champions elect Dunfermline have brought the biggest away support to the Excelsior so far this season , they brought 800 plus last week,   

Out of interest how many did we bring to the first game?

6 hours ago, Passionate said:

See the total attendance for your game on 11th was 2198 so that equates to approx 1200 home fans if fifes brought 800 +

Dont really know what to make of Airdrie. They battered us at their place, though we were still getting our shit together and will maybe play half a dozen starters from that day. Then they were poor at TFS, on any other day we would have won about 3-0 though they were missing some key players through injury/ suspension. They were cruising against the Pars last week which no other team has done all season before throwing the game away with the penalty/ red card. Inconsistency and squad size seems to be the issue why they arent closer to us. Saturday will certainly be our toughest fixture on paper between now and the end of the season outside of the derbies 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876