The Falkirk FC Thread

21 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Just listened to the post match interviews. Firstly appalled that a Falkirk fan could “abuse” Brian Rice. Did see something but didn’t realise the appalling act. There must be people that can identify this btard and get him/her a lifelong ban. 
McGlynn got his take spot on, think he knew we were a bit under our normal, but as good managers do absolutely defended the players, and concentrated on the positives.

Coll Donaldson, could listen to this guy all day long, a very honest and trustworthy guy, after the shitefest of imposters at the club, a player we can all identify with. Very honest interview and a player we can rely on. Very evident we’re going for nothing short of topping the league.

As i said after the Darvel game. Coll and Hendo have brought passion and pride back. Good to see after all the dross we have been lumbered with.

Just watched Chippers interview there. It's surprising to see a manager mention a shout like that, especially unprompted, and really lays bare the more human side of things for the people involved in the matches we all go and watch. It's clearly played on his mind since it happened and he felt he need to bring it up. Especially sad to see him mention that Falkirk are his team and he's still been subjected to such a shitty shout.

He's absolutely bang on in his "hang his head in shame" patter. I hope whatever twat shouted it feels horrendous this morning and I hope at the very least they have the minerals to get in touch with him and offer their apologies. 

Quite a bit away from where the spat occurred and didn’t realise the seriousness, till other postings. How sickening that like other clubs we have some low life creatures that follow the club. There are surely many ST holders around this area who witnessed this lowlife and others that saw fit to mock Ricey. If you are one of these people do yourself, Ricey and the true supporters of our club and shop these b*****ds. 

Couldn't make the match yesterday, but was delighted when I seen the final score come through.

The sheen has been taken off it with what I have been reading regarding the Brian Rice incident. Rice was a class player for our club, superb left peg and part of a very successful management team. Most of all a very decent down to earth individual, the so called Falkirk supporter involved in this should be ashamed.

36 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Really disappointed to hear about the abuse Brian Rice got yesterday.

I loved watching Rice as a player, brilliant reader of the game and never see a better passer of the ball, scored a great few daisy cutters as well. I also had the privilege of speaking with him a few times up at Stirling University when we trained there, he was always very very polite and patient talking with me about Falkirk, the players etc. He loves the club. This "person" is unlikely to apologise, so if not I hope the club issues a formal apology on behalf of the rest of us. 

I'm lucky in that I've only ever been a social drinker and I've never been a gambler so I can't begin to imagine the horrors of having to admit that you are an alcoholic or addicted to gambling. For Brian Rice to have gotten his addiction under control and gotten his managerial career back on track says so much for the guy and he should be applauded for his efforts. To have some anonymous arsehole in the crowd shouting abuse at him and upsetting him to the extent that he obviously was is despicable.

As you say, I really hope that the Jamie Swinney, on behalf of the club, and the FSS etc. all write to both Alloa Athletic FC and to Brian personally apologising for the abuse that he had to endure.

Oh aye, and please, please, please identify this "fan" and ban him for life.

11 hours ago, Springfield said:

McGlynn got his take spot on

McGlynn comes across very well in his interviews, quite impressed with his almost nuetral views on the play , wish more managers could be like this . probably why he is succesful in what he does .

As for the Rice abuse Fair play to the majority decent FFC fans,  BTW all clubs have one brain dead mouthpiece unfortunately .

Just watched the Alloa tv interview with Brian Rice. He is genuine in that it really affected him in a big way. Said it has wasted his weekend, not just getting beat.

As he said hopefully whatever clown it was who shouted never has to go through a similar experience. 

We all get carried away at times but sometimes a line is crossed

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I'm lucky in that I've only ever been a social drinker and I've never been a gambler so I can't begin to imagine the horrors of having to admit that you are an alcoholic or addicted to gambling. For Brian Rice to have gotten his addiction under control and gotten his managerial career back on track says so much for the guy and he should be applauded for his efforts. To have some anonymous arsehole in the crowd shouting abuse at him and upsetting him to the extent that he obviously was is despicable.

As you say, I really hope that the Jamie Swinney, on behalf of the club, and the FSS etc. all write to both Alloa Athletic FC and to Brian personally apologising for the abuse that he had to endure.

Oh aye, and please, please, please identify this "fan" and ban him for life.

I agree with all of this bar banning fan for life. The fan should be given the opportunity to apologise. I'm sure that would mean more than a ban. Even the most vile person couldn't justify abusing a man who has done so much for our club and still speaks fondly about club

I’m going to send an email of support to Alloa for Brian. I loved him as a player and when he was on the coaching staff. Being someone who has had issues myself that I won’t go into on a football forum it absolutely disgusts me that a so called fellow fan has done this.

Also RIP Hilly, a gent of a guy who will be sorely missed ❤️

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

What's the story with Hendo? Was he injured yesterday? I seem to recall reading such, in a drunken stupor

Injured in the 1st half then only lasted about 5 minutes after the restart. He's taken a lot of punishment over the last few games and I really hope he's fit for Saturday.

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Injured in the 1st half then only lasted about 5 minutes after the restart. He's taken a lot of punishment over the last few games and I really hope he's fit for Saturday.

No further updates I take it? Hopefully just a knock that he was in 2 minds about. Definitely needed in there for Airdrie

Edited by Bairnardo

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

No further updates I take it? Hopefully just a knock that he was in 2 minds about. Definitely needed in there for Airdrie

Last I heard was McGlynn saying that it was too early to tell how bad it was (or words to that effect.)