The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Gary Oliver has 9 goals for the season so far. In February. 

Last seasons top goalscorer was Morrison with 11. 

The season before it was Morrison with 10. 

The season before we had the prolific McManus on 24, but second top scorer was Sammon with 10. 

The season before that top scorer was Rudden with 12. 

The season before that, Longridge, Muirhead and Jakubiak were joint top with 7 each. 

The season before that Baird, Sibbald and Miller were joint top with 10 each. 

Outwith Declan McManus for one season, Gary Oliver's goal threat is on a par with ANYONE we've had in recent years. 

His ability to put the ball in the net gets underestimated at times. 

When i studied his goals i was pleasantly shocked. 9 goals for him is a good return considering the goal opportunities he has opened up for Morrison etc

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

The problem is  in the majority of these seasons mentioned the lack of goals has been one of the main reasons we haven't got anywhere. If we had McManus this season we'd be a whole lot closer to Dunfermline than we are now. The season with him is not surprisingly the closest we've come to getting out of this league only to be scuppered by covid.Our striker goal rates have been very poor his season apart   and it's hindered us. You look at the sides that have won promotion of late and they've all had strikers with excellent scoring rates. Cove had megginson, Partick had Graham and queen's park had Murray .  9 in 33 games isn't prolific it's ok but there have been games this season when we've dropped points simply because we didn't have someone up top who could take advantage of the chances created.

Dunfermlines top scorer is on 7 I think.

30 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Dunfermlines top scorer is on 7 I think.

They are the exception to the rule .They don't exactly play expansive football but instead rely on their defence to keep clean sheets and they prey on defensive errors. Imagine we'd had McManus in either of the two games against them we'd have probably got 3 points in both games.  Having someone you can rely on to score 20 goals a season makes a huge difference. 

28 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

They are the exception to the rule .They don't exactly play expansive football but instead rely on their defence to keep clean sheets and they prey on defensive errors. Imagine we'd had McManus in either of the two games against them we'd have probably got 3 points in both games.  Having someone you can rely on to score 20 goals a season makes a huge difference. 

Jordan Allan? Already scored a couple against them i think

Edited by Bigbrbairn

Tuned in this morning to a view from the terrace and very surprised and disappointed to see the Darvel Falkirk game wasnt even mentioned. Especially when they did a complete review of the Scottish cup games, the Darvel manager was the featured guest last week, they tipped darvel in the banker and the game was live on the BBC! Also 6 goals, sending off and media attention. Poor from a programme I really enjoy

10 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Tuned in this morning to a view from the terrace and very surprised and disappointed to see the Darvel Falkirk game wasnt even mentioned. Especially when they did a complete review of the Scottish cup games, the Darvel manager was the featured guest last week, they tipped darvel in the banker and the game was live on the BBC! Also 6 goals, sending off and media attention. Poor from a programme I really enjoy

The host would have talked about it all episode if we got beat 😂😂

45 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

There’s media darlings & then there’s us 🤔

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Aye, I thought that was very poor. Toys oot the pram stuff IMO.

57 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I don't watch it often, it was pretty shocking not to even mention it, I wonder why!

It should be a great vehicle to show off the game out with the Old Firm, and for me they miss the mark completely and also the cringe theatrics between them.

Embarrassing stuff and that's before you start on the twat of the Stenny guy.