The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Feel like he's been brought in to challenge any one of Kennedy, Nesbitt or Morrison's position.

I also think it allows MCGlynn flexibility if he wanted to put Henderson back the CH at any point. Remember it was Henderson who went off at Edinburgh when Meekinson came on. 

46 minutes ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Doesn't matter that these are all valid points you're a mysoginist pig

Another woke nugget pops to the surface to give an opinion no-one gives a toss about. f**k off back under your rock and contemplate how next you will impress the world with your pandering slavers.

1 hour ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

these are all valid points 

Should have left it at that mate.

If a male commentator is jingoistic, imperialistic and shows bias, call him out for it.

If a female commentator is jingoistic, imperialistic and shows bias, call her out for it.

Otherwise you're being patronising.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

McGlynn is clearly still confident, as am I, that the playoffs is far from a lottery and strengthening now will put us in a really good position for a strong tilt at them. 

That said, we absolutely do need to remain on it in case of any slips so one way or the other, I'm pleased to see us act to replace Meekison.

Was going to post more or less the same, however for me and after our recent run of form, regardless of what happens in the cup (which I’m still pinching myself that we’ve got a chance of a semifinal slot) the two games against Fife will determine who’s getting the no1 slot.

The transfer business has been very well thought out and we have not rushed into things,

We needed a right back(Tick)

We needed some flair in midfield(Tick)

We needed strikers(Tick)

For once in a long time we are in a good place squad,management and feel good factor,long may it continue.

Edited by Andy Dufresne

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The only one I'm on the fence with is Gary Oliver just because I reckon we could have got better quality in than him but lately he's been a lot better.

Out of interest, who do you think we could have got in that was better quality?

Apart from his very long answers to one question, the other main takeaway I’ve had from McGlynn interviews is how difficult it is to get good quality strikers in.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The only one I'm on the fence with is Gary Oliver just because I reckon we could have got better quality in than him but lately he's been a lot better.

I was only until recently trying to get a foot up on the wrong side of fence, with a few players. I’ve very recently gone on record to humbly eat my words for the criticism for not only Oliver, but throw in Morrison McKay Nesbitt. Yes I still think we’ve had some below performance’s but the overall improvement with these four players (McKay) is really pleasing. 

28 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Wishing Sean Higgins all the best wishes on his recovery journey. Proud of you young man.

Aye, all the best to Sean. I used to work with his dad and hadn't realised until I read the Herald story that he had passed away. 

10 minutes ago, Trump said:

Out of interest, who do you think we could have got in that was better quality?

Apart from his very long answers to one question, the other main takeaway I’ve had from McGlynn interviews is how difficult it is to get good quality strikers in.

Lewis Jamieson looked good against us for Clyde last year, he signed on loan with Airdrie after we'd signed Oliver and bagged 8 goals. 

32 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Lewis Jamieson looked good against us for Clyde last year, he signed on loan with Airdrie after we'd signed Oliver and bagged 8 goals. 

Oliver now on 9 goals in all comps. He’s not a clinical striker but his link play is great and also played centre mid for majority of his games for us this season.

30 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I think Oliver is a bit underrated by us, we don't look at the graft he puts in to bring others into play you only had to look at Alloa to see that, everyone said start Burrell and look what happened I think if we had the same line up as Kelty we could have got the 3 points but then your going down the whole if my auntie had baws argument.  

for the first time in who knows how long we have a team, I would say there's none of them I would want to let go when the season ends.

I will say one thing though for me Player of the year would have to be McCann as it stands

6 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I think Oliver is a bit underrated by us, we don't look at the graft he puts in to bring others into play you only had to look at Alloa to see that, everyone said start Burrell and look what happened I think if we had the same line up as Kelty we could have got the 3 points but then your going down the whole if my auntie had baws argument.  

for the first time in who knows how long we have a team, I would say there's none of them I would want to let go when the season ends.

I will say one thing though for me Player of the year would have to be McCann as it stands

Agree but McKay runs very close 

40 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He is an integral part of our squad now. You only needed to listen to McGinn after the Darvel game on the BBC to understand what the dressing room thinks about him. 

You can argue about whether or not Gary Oliver should start. I think its fair to have that argument and Wont slag anyone for doing so. 

BUT, if you don't think he should be starting then you should judge his contribution as a signing based on being a squad player. On that basis, he has been a roaring success. 

Lot of chat on here about Gary Oliver tonight. Initially I was very critical of him and I was guilty of judging him purely on goals scored.

I’ve watched him a lot more closely recently and it’s became evident to me how much he offers the whole team. We are a much better and more balanced team with him in it. I know it’s only one game but we really missed him in the draw at Alloa.

I’m not scored to admit I was wrong - there’s a reason Mr McGlynn has been a football manager for many years and I haven’t been.

I’m absolutely delighted to be wrong - I think everyone who didn’t/doesn’t rate Oliver needs to reevaluate what he offers to our vastly improved team.

Definitely been proved wrong about Oliver, couldn’t see what he brought to the party in the early part of the season but he’s made himself an integral part of the line up and along with the move to Henderson in midfield, he’s been a huge part of our success in recent months.