The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Monday night viewing figures are higher than Friday night games so not too unexpected. It’ll be a big home crowd regardless imho

And yet they've put the arguably bigger ICT v Kilmarnock game on the Friday. I don't think the reason your game is on the Monday is anything directly to do with viewing figures on either date.

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

And yet they've put the arguably bigger ICT v Kilmarnock game on the Friday. I don't think the reason your game is on the Monday is anything directly to do with viewing figures on either date.

Aw haw. Now we've pumped Darvel out for you, we're not friends anymore, is that it?? 

Sending Killie to Inverness on a Monday is  just as bad, never going to be at the weekend with the old firm being involved in the other 2 games. Hospitality may take a hit with being on a Monday night rather than Friday but imagine we’ll still have a big crowd regardless.

54 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Aw haw. Now we've pumped Darvel out for you, we're not friends anymore, is that it?? 

We were never friends 😛 It felt dirty and wrong wanting Falkirk to not only win but do so by about 400 goals but we're past that now. Normal service resumed.

Post wasn't a go at Falkirk anyway. Just what he said made no sense. If he's right about viewing figs being better on Mondays and that's why it's on Monday then that's fine if it was a straight choice, or obviously the bigger game of the two but it's neither. There IS a game on the Friday too, and given it has a Premier League side against one that actually won the trophy in the last decade there's a marginal case it's the bigger game (personally I'd watch your one given the choice between then two but that's me).

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Debatable indeed re choice of fixtures but it is factual that the Monday evening figures are higher than the Friday evening, that comes straight from the BBC. Personally think we are the more attractive tie due to being the lowest ranked team now, which I see you agree on. ICT v Killie has also been on TV in recent years so I’d argue it’s not as appealing for that reason too. 

48 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Ridiculous sending Kimarnock to Inverness on a Scottish Cup Q Final night game.

Can see us being allocated Dunfermline away on the 7th or 8th March now ?

I don’t think we’ll want to play them prior to an important cup tie & we need to both agree on the dates I believe. 

6 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Debatable indeed re choice of fixtures but it is factual that the Monday evening figures are higher than the Friday evening, that comes straight from the BBC. Personally think we are the more attractive tie due to being the lowest ranked team now, which I see you agree on. ICT v Killie has also been on TV in recent years so I’d argue it’s not as appealing for that reason too. 

Fair enough. I wasn't particularly doubting your viewing figures comment, just that that was then the reason Falkirk were on Monday. Even if you do perceive Falkirk v Ayr to be more attractive (I do but that's because I'm a lower league fan and I personally know a few of the players involved) the difference is so marginal as to be unlikely to be the reason they've gone that way round. It's as likely to be to do with available accommodation for the BBC staff involved in an overnighter at Inverness, or the producer's personal preference to suit his own diary as that.

3 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I don’t think we’ll want to play them prior to an important cup tie & we need to both agree on the dates I believe. 

Only relatively. If you were to keep batting back reasonable proposals from Dunfermline to get it played sooner then the SPFL will eventually just tell you that's the date and get on with it (not saying that is what's happening here, it may suit Dunfermline to defer also). Playing 7 days before a cup tie isn't a remotely decent reason to refuse it. Hamilton were made to play three days before one in the last round.

2 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I agree, and seem to remember teams didn't have to play "Catch up" games leading  into Cup Ties

I remember we played St Mirren two nights in a row in the cup after they had got the original /  first match postponed, supposed waterlogged pitch, more to do with suiting their own team shortages. 1-1 at Love Street then lost 3-0 at Brockville the next night