The Falkirk FC Thread

After the Darvel game being live nationally, pretty sure there will be teams coming in to nick Cal Morrison, Nesbitt and Henderson from us.  I feel certain Cal will be gone in the summer.  Every manager of a team up to a certain level will be looking at his performance and wanting that for their team.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Morrison will be a terrific keeper IMO. Heard how vocal he was the other night organising the defence too. He has hardly put a foot wrong since he got fit again after a couple of shaky games just after he came back. We have not lost since his first game back. You don’t do that if your keeper is not up to standard. 

His save just before H.T was world class. 

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Anyone got any falkirk related pet peeves? Mine would have to be people calling Aidan Nesbitt Nisbet/Nisbett.

No Offence @Long Suffering Bairn you just made me think about it 😂

Capital letters on second words in a sentence where not required is mine. 😛

Also, using "we may as well shut the doors" when someone says we should beat a team and we do not. 

Edited by Sarcastic Bairn
To add in a real reason!

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

After the Darvel game being live nationally, pretty sure there will be teams coming in to nick Cal Morrison, Nisbett and Henderson from us.  I feel certain Cal will be gone in the summer.  Every manager of a team up to a certain level will be looking at his performance and wanting that for their team.

Listening to a conversation from a couple behind me on Monday evening who had a family member ITK and it appeared Calum Morrison was offered a deal at Dundee during January window worth close to £150k to us but he knocked it back as he wanted to help us get promotion but also holding out for a move down south in summer. Wouldn't begrudge him his pension security if that is the case particularly if he keeps providing the assists and goals of last few weeks.

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Anyone got any falkirk related pet peeves? Mine would have to be people calling Aidan Nesbitt Nisbet/Nisbett.

No Offence @Long Suffering Bairn you just made me think about it 😂

I nearly always get that wrong, even though I try, it's annoying to me too.  Nisbit, Nesbitt, let's call the whole thing off.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

1 hour ago, GeordieBairn said:

Was one of the most important moments of the game, if it went in 2-1 at half time. The second half would have been entirely different. The save gets better with every watch.

Know what your saying, but i still think we'd have won 5-2. We have a bit of resiliance about us now. Watching their Aberdeen game the longer the game went their back four became slower than the cab horses they already are. When you look at it again Aberdeen should never have lost to Darvel

47 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Know what your saying, but i still think we'd have won 5-2. We have a bit of resiliance about us now. Watching their Aberdeen game the longer the game went their back four became slower than the cab horses they already are. When you look at it again Aberdeen should never have lost to Darvel

Thought that too. Fitness levels of a full time team - properly coached- was clear at the end 10 men or not

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

Listening to a conversation from a couple behind me on Monday evening who had a family member ITK and it appeared Calum Morrison was offered a deal at Dundee during January window worth close to £150k to us but he knocked it back as he wanted to help us get promotion but also holding out for a move down south in summer. Wouldn't begrudge him his pension security if that is the case particularly if he keeps providing the assists and goals of last few weeks.

Think down south would suit him. Luke Leahy won player of the month in League 1 in Ingurland last month

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

People getting their arse in a twist about simple mistakes.😉

There should be a rule that you are not allowed to vary how a name is spelt. Drives me nuts that people change a letter just to confuse….E.g. Khloe, …..it’s bloody Chloe!😀

4 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

McGlynn handled the whole situation perfectly.  Think he must have really hammered the homework as all the players interviewed mentioned it! That his style

He was asked if his team talk could be filmed. The BBC were told to get to f**k ( not literally). A wise decision and far more professional while the Darvel boy used it for self promotion and to push his businesses ( more than one it seems :) ) 

McGlynn is a wise old bird. I’ve nothing but admiration for. Sure he gets things wrong but not that often compared with our recent past. 

Edited by Roboccop

20 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

He was asked if his team talk could be filmed. The BBC were told to get to f**k ( not literally). A wise decision and far more professional while the Darvel boy used it for self promotion and to push his businesses ( more than one it seems :) ) 

McGlynn is a wise old bird. I’ve nothing but admiration for. Sure he gets things wrong but not that often compared with our recent past. 

Can imagine M&S pissing themselves when that request came in from the Beeb