The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I thought Darvel’s manager’s arrogance or naivety cost them. “Oh we play open attacking football no matter who we play” played into our hands. Where have we struggled this season? When teams have sat in, given us the ball and said come and break us down. Darvel pushed on, left loads of space down the flanks and in behind and it was always going to cost them as our pace just killed them. 

WUR SOLJURS OF LOVE

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Clearly looking to better his Aberdeen speech in order to keep TV happy, and it ended up being a bit cringe. I was waiting for a fade in of Josh Groban’s  “You Raise Me Up”, but the BBC didn’t deliver.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Enjoyed the highlights but my goodness, when Oliver scored you'd think by the commentator's reaction that we were the minnows!
(BBC production team saying to themselves "that was not in the script")

Loved the roar of our fans as the goals went in and seeing them around the ground reminded me of a cold night at Meadowbank many years ago when we filled the stand, and the cerry-oot brigade surrounded the perimeter.

Question I have is whether this cup run will help our financial predicament somewhat. Then again, questions like that can wait for a while. It's the time to celebrate and continue to revel in this rather enjoyable season.

P.S

Wonder what kind of speeches our frauds of managers past inflicted on their charges before games -that'd would be worth a laugh if the end result weren't so painful!

44 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He was there. As a general rule the injured players usually go to all the games, as do the youngsters and sometimes those out on loan. If you were looking closely you would also have seen Paul Watson and Ryan Williamson. 

All the injured lads were there, Williamson and Watson having a laugh with some fans, Watson saying he'll be back for the semis! Noticed cup tied Allan was there and a few of the guys we have out on loan. Only person I didnt see was Meekison.

54 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He was there. As a general rule the injured players usually go to all the games, as do the youngsters and sometimes those out on loan. If you were looking closely you would also have seen Paul Watson and Ryan Williamson. 

Aye, some idiot shouted to Williamson that he was 'an arsehole' because he spends more time injured than playing!

Re the game: I thought it was a very professional performance. McGlynn had obviously noted their strengths and nullified them with Henderson having a brilliant game, easily MOM for me. I don't think it would have been 5-1 if the guy hadn't been sent off (bloody stupid challenge BTW) but I do think we'd have scored again and didn't think we were in any real danger at any point anyway. Actually, it could be argued that we should have scored more given the chances we had? I think McShane intended the cross to reach the strikers and PJ took his eye off it for a brief second expecting the same thing so was caught out, he should have been able to palm it out though. Other than that he had a good game with that 1st half save being top notch.

Ayr will be tough but certainly winnable.

Wonderful professional performance last night.  Some really great goals as well, love watching us break with such pace and the desire to keep scoring more goals was fantastic and such a refreshing change from previous seasons.

Also particularly enjoyed the misery on the face of Ian McShane after the misery of watching him in a Falkirk shirt. 

10 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Anybody have inside track of the injury for Big Brad.  Being at other end of park I did think at the time it was a head injury but having seen highlights looked like he took an accidental kick in groin area but not clear.  

Think he lost one bollock v Alloa and the other one last night!

36 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, some idiot shouted to Williamson that he was 'an arsehole' because he spends more time injured than playing!

Re the game: I thought it was a very professional performance. McGlynn had obviously noted their strengths and nullified them with Henderson having a brilliant game, easily MOM for me. I don't think it would have been 5-1 if the guy hadn't been sent off (bloody stupid challenge BTW) but I do think we'd have scored again and didn't think we were in any real danger at any point anyway. Actually, it could be argued that we should have scored more given the chances we had? I think McShane intended the cross to reach the strikers and PJ took his eye off it for a brief second expecting the same thing so was caught out, he should have been able to palm it out though. Other than that he had a good game with that 1st half save being top notch.

Ayr will be tough but certainly winnable.

Meant to say as well that this wasn't just a walk in the park against some duff junior outfit, Darvel have a squad that is well above that and wouldn't look out of place in L2 or possibly even L1. The team and management deserve enormous credit for the job done.

24 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Anybody have inside track of the injury for Big Brad.  Being at other end of park I did think at the time it was a head injury but having seen highlights looked like he took an accidental kick in groin area but not clear.  

They nearly scored when he was off too, when there was a huge gap in the middle of our defence defending a set piece.

23 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Manager did his FFCTV interview after the match and said he'd taken a really bad one, without going into medical details.

I sit beside the media officer in the team bus and he was struggling getting the recording to load, so it's possible that interview might be corrupted / lost. If so, it will probably be picked up in either the next press conference or FFCTV pre-match interview before Alloa. 

45 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Manager did his FFCTV interview after the match and said he'd taken a really bad one, without going into medical details.

I sit beside the media officer in the team bus and he was struggling getting the recording to load, so it's possible that interview might be corrupted / lost. If so, it will probably be picked up in either the next press conference or FFCTV pre-match interview before Alloa. 

No we cant have big Brad out injured. 

Who thought that would be said last season?

45 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

Mental how shite that view was last night. My calves are agony from standing on my toes all night.

Albeit, it reminds me how class terracing is at a game. Had some good craic with some of the supporters.

Exact same situation. 6 foot fuckin 4, spent near an hour on ma toes and still managed to miss our third and fourth.

Edited by Chinatoon Bairn