The Falkirk FC Thread

Henderson absolutely magnificent. Shout out to Gary Oliver up against the two thugs of centre backs. He holds the ball up fantastically and finished excellently for his goal. Tonight’s starting 11 is our strongest IMO. I’ll let Morrison off with the howler since he made a terrific save first half. I fancied Ayr more than Raith, after ICT was out the hat. Why? No idea but it’s a real chance to progress. Glad it’s at home and not at SP. We were about a minute on Saturday away from playing Elgin at Home and by all accounts Elgin should have been two up before Ayr equalised. Hoping a big crowd to back us to Hampden. 

The pedant in me feels compelled to point out you wouldn’t be playing Elgin if they’d won. You’d be away at Hearts.

For some reason I think I prefer facing you lot than Darvel, possibly just PTSD from playing (former) junior teams from Ayrshire. Still expecting a cagey game.

4 minutes ago, Juan Sheet said:

That’s because she showed up at the stadium dressed like a tramp and wondered why everyone was giving her funny looks. 

That and her music is dreadful 

I remember that she was going out with one of our players and we released him. She came out in the media that we never gave him a chance. I think that’s the reason…..

Edited by roman_bairn

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Henderson was superb. They even tried their best to injure him with some meaty challenges. Looks like fate with us trying Hendo in midfield with McGinn has worked brilliantly. Why he thinks Centre Half is hos best position beats me. His power and control as holding midfield has really changed us as a team

Hendo? I thought it was Patrick Vieira. 😂😉

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I remember that she was going out with one of our players and we released him. She came out in the media that we never gave him a chance. I think that’s the reason…..

She went out with Steve Lovell and he would give Ryan Williamson a run for his money on the most trips to the treatment table stakes 

Not long back. 
Superb all night. It panned out as I thought it would looking the game v Aberdeen. If our wide players turned up they were always going to cause their fullbacks problems as they are slower than a year in jail.

Bring on Ayr

Edited by Back Post Misses

30 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Watched on TV and can honestly say that is the best performance I have witnessed from us since we landed in this league. Professional and focused throughout.  Even the desire of Hendo for the 4th. Brilliant

Every player gave there all tonight. Different class ! In addition I thought the much maligned Mr Colum had a superb error free match

3 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Every player gave there all tonight. Different class ! In addition I thought the much maligned Mr Colum had a superb error free match

Credit where due. I thought Collum let play flow and turned a blind eye to a few meaty challenges from both sides, keeping cards in his pocket. Until he was forced in the 2nd half to dish out a few for Darvel.

4 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

It did genuinely make a difference having a ref who, for most decisions you could actually say yeah that’s probably fair. The 2nd yellow for their lad was possibly harsh, but he had a couple of fouls in quick succession. Nice to benefit from a small break there

24 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

No mentions till now on the ref and there will be little mention in the papers too, the sign of the game being the spectacle and not the ref/var