The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, MrDust said:

TBF he did that during his last season.

Never has there been such a divide between the fans and player/management in my time in his last season.

If there was a cash cow of ugly sisters away, the player bonus to reach that cash cow may have been increased especially in Darvels case. We now have a quarter final game that will sell out whatever tonight's result and on TV.

Do you really think Falkirk v Ayr will sell out at TFS? Ayr have never brought many up at any previous game. I'd be shocked if they brought nearly 2000. That's basically they're entire home support these days.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Do you really think Falkirk v Ayr will sell out at TFS? Ayr have never brought many up at any previous game. I'd be shocked if they brought nearly 2000.

Ayr’s average attendance is around 2000 so I’d expect an away support of closer to 1000 is more likely.

Got a massive game in under 2 hours before we even start thinking about Ayr though.

The thing that's giving me the fear about tonight is the narrow pitch, we definitely carry more of a threat with Kennedy and Morrison wide my concern is there won't be the space for them to impact the game as much as we would like. So then do you go two up front like we did against Alloa which didn't work mostly because the midfield wasn't at it n we started shelling long balls. 

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Ayr’s average attendance is around 2000 so I’d expect an away support of closer to 1000 is more likely.

Got a massive game in under 2 hours before we even start thinking about Ayr though.

Maybe although I can't remember them ever bringing close to that before. I reckon we'd be lucky to get 5000 at this game. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

There's a concern over width maybe, but we need to retain and move the ball, be patient. These guys are part timers and we have worked better part timers into the ground this season. 

Be patient, make then run, make them work for everything. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

There's a concern over width maybe, but we need to retain and move the ball, be patient. These guys are part timers and we have worked better part timers into the ground this season. 

Be patient, make then run, make them work for everything. 

If we take the recent Kelty matchfor comparison. McGlynn persevered with Morrison and Kennedy on the wings for 60 mins, on their narrow pitch, before making the treble subs Allan, Burrell and Wright. Two of them scoring. I’ll take that as a good omen.

10 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Maybe although I can't remember them ever bringing close to that before. I reckon we'd be lucky to get 5000 at this game. 

Yeah but they are in the mix for the playoffs, are scoring goals due to a very attacking style and will fancy their chances of a place in the semi’s. That’s why I suggested 1000.

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yeah but they are in the mix for the playoffs, are scoring goals due to a very attacking style and will fancy their chances of a place in the semi’s. That’s why I suggested 1000.

They also should have been beaten comprehensively by a mid table L2 team at home on Saturday before a fortuitous 90th minute equaliser and crumbling legs in ET saw them through.

39 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Do you really think Falkirk v Ayr will sell out at TFS? Ayr have never brought many up at any previous game. I'd be shocked if they brought nearly 2000. That's basically they're entire home support these days.

It won't be far off selling out, comparing league crowds to cup crowds in the latter stages is silly.

Ayr like many clubs crowds have doubled tripled quadrupled in cup games, see Darvel tonight and Partick v Rangers sure they took 2000

48 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

9C46D3A0-73CF-46A7-9A1B-ECAEDE073201.png

24 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Really can’t see it- by comparison we took less than 700 to our quarter final against queen of the south in 2015. I wouldn’t expect us to have more than around 3000 either.

Yeah I agree. It's not on the season ticket so it's always a bit more of a struggle and it's probably on the TV too.  3500 to 4000 is probably the likely crowd . Last time we played them in the cup there was 1800 there I think.

Edited by Shodwall cat