The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Aberdeen, Motherwell and Partick all looking for a manager. If Yogi doesn't get a gig at one of these, surely his time as a manager in Scotland will be up. 

He’s yesterday’s man. He obviously did a great job here up until the point when he pivoted away from the tried and trusted method of blooding through young players. Took us up to the top flight and after a year of stabilising us at that level, he had two very close runs at the top 6. After that he moved away from what worked best and it went downhill in his last season, albeit the cup final run (and league cup semi) helped to paper over the cracks.

But since leaving us, what’s he actually done? There was the Scottish cup win at Inverness, but nearly every managerial role he’s held has ended in tears 

5 minutes ago, Donathan said:

He’s yesterday’s man. He obviously did a great job here up until the point when he pivoted away from the tried and trusted method of blooding through young players. Took us up to the top flight and after a year of stabilising us at that level, he had two very close runs at the top 6. After that he moved away from what worked best and it went downhill in his last season, albeit the cup final run (and league cup semi) helped to paper over the cracks.

But since leaving us, what’s he actually done? There was the Scottish cup win at Inverness, but nearly every managerial role he’s held has ended in tears 

I agree, I think we got peak Yogi. We even saw the start of his decline, that final season. 

26 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Aberdeen, Motherwell and Partick all looking for a manager. If Yogi doesn't get a gig at one of these, surely his time as a manager in Scotland will be up. 

There's no chance Yogi's getting a Premiership or top half Championship gig now surely after horrible failure at both Raith and Dunfermline. He'll need to rebuild his reputation at this level or lower before a bigger club will take another chance on him surely.

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There's no chance Yogi's getting a Premiership or top half Championship gig now surely after horrible failure at both Raith and Dunfermline. He'll need to rebuild his reputation at this level or lower before a bigger club will take another chance on him surely.

Ironically, I think we might be the club where he would have had a good shot at rebuilding his rep. To a certain extent he made it here, has a huge affinity with the fans as a well loved player, and would (like all the others) have enjoyed quite a few advantages which would only need pressed home to achieve promotion from this league and potentially helped him be seen in a better light. 

Unfortunately for him, he finds himself in that position at the only time in the last few years where look to have finally got it right from a managerial perspective, and as such he will be nowhere near us....

Eta I'm not saying I believe he has it in him to rebuild. I think he's probably finished, just that on the face of it, if it was possible, we'd be the ideal fit for him

Edited by Bairnardo

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I had thought the same then he got the Ross County gig out of the blue, you never can tell what's in the mind of the people choosing managers.

Aberdeen and Partick for sure out of limits, the Ross County job he done might have Motherwell thinking on him but probably unlikely.

32 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ironically, I think we might be the club where he would have had a good shot at rebuilding his rep. To a certain extent he made it here, has a huge affinity with the fans as a well loved player, and would (like all the others) have enjoyed quite a few advantages which would only need pressed home to achieve promotion from this league and potentially helped him be seen in a better light. 

Unfortunately for him, he finds himself in that position at the only time in the last few years where look to have finally got it right from a managerial perspective, and as such he will be nowhere near us....

Eta I'm not saying I believe he has it in him to rebuild. I think he's probably finished, just that on the face of it, if it was possible, we'd be the ideal fit for him

I'd absolutely love to see that, make it happen Bairnardo. Preferably before we play each other, cheers. 

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'd absolutely love to see that, make it happen Bairnardo. Preferably before we play each other, cheers. 

At any point over the last few years it would never be that far from a possibility, mainly because we were never that far from an utter calamity. This is the first period in the time since Hartley summer of fun that we have looked like a stable, sane club. 

Tl DR, its not happening sorry

The starting line ups going to be very interesting tonight. I'd imagine we'll resort back to the 4-2-3-1 with Oliver upfront on his own and I reckon Donaldson will come in for Mckay. Allan's cup tied.

Morrison
Rowe Donaldson Mackie Mccann
McGinn Henderson
Morrison Nesbitt Kennedy
Oliver

My worry about tonight is do we have the balls for the battle We’ve done well over the past 6 weeks or so but some of our wins have been unconvincing and unfortunately lost ground at Alloa. Huge game in terms importance and media spotlight and I think this will give us all a good insight for the end of season play offs if we fail to catch Dunfermline. 
Everything crossed for tonight but watching Falkirk for many years, big matches, big expectation, huge financial incentive and failure to turn up at some of the games has been evident with the exception of the Hibs semi play off 2016 I think?

Interesting night ahead. We need to believe we will do this and start showing the resilience and mentality needed to get where we need to get to. 

46 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

My worry about tonight is do we have the balls for the battle We’ve done well over the past 6 weeks or so but some of our wins have been unconvincing and unfortunately lost ground at Alloa. Huge game in terms importance and media spotlight and I think this will give us all a good insight for the end of season play offs if we fail to catch Dunfermline. 
Everything crossed for tonight but watching Falkirk for many years, big matches, big expectation, huge financial incentive and failure to turn up at some of the games has been evident with the exception of the Hibs semi play off 2016 I think?

Interesting night ahead. We need to believe we will do this and start showing the resilience and mentality needed to get where we need to get to. 

Crumbling in the face of a battle is normally a worry, but we stood up to a really physical Kelty side just a week ago and ground them down for the equaliser and ultimately winner. Our 1st choice side should have the balls for a battle, I'm more confident of that than since about spring 2018!! 😬

The draw is of course, a major boost for us, but a major boost for Darvel too.

Tonight could be a huge deal in terms of our season. A win, and confidence grows. Lose, and I don’t think it can be easily explained away as “our focus is purely on the league”.

A professional display and an excuse free night please. Just get it done.

1 hour ago, Richie Sacramento said:

The Simpsons Burn Bridge GIF

Actual footage of Yogi leaving Falkirk Stadium for Easter Road

TBF he did that during his last season.

Never has there been such a divide between the fans and player/management in my time in his last season.

46 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Not sure if having the draw made before the match helps or hinders us. Would be a fantastic chance to get through to a semi final if we can land a home tie against one of the championship sides. Got to win tonight first of course. 

If there was a cash cow of ugly sisters away, the player bonus to reach that cash cow may have been increased especially in Darvels case. We now have a quarter final game that will sell out whatever tonight's result and on TV.