The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'd absolutely love to see that, make it happen Bairnardo. Preferably before we play each other, cheers. 

At any point over the last few years it would never be that far from a possibility, mainly because we were never that far from an utter calamity. This is the first period in the time since Hartley summer of fun that we have looked like a stable, sane club. 

Tl DR, its not happening sorry

The starting line ups going to be very interesting tonight. I'd imagine we'll resort back to the 4-2-3-1 with Oliver upfront on his own and I reckon Donaldson will come in for Mckay. Allan's cup tied.

Morrison
Rowe Donaldson Mackie Mccann
McGinn Henderson
Morrison Nesbitt Kennedy
Oliver

My worry about tonight is do we have the balls for the battle We’ve done well over the past 6 weeks or so but some of our wins have been unconvincing and unfortunately lost ground at Alloa. Huge game in terms importance and media spotlight and I think this will give us all a good insight for the end of season play offs if we fail to catch Dunfermline. 
Everything crossed for tonight but watching Falkirk for many years, big matches, big expectation, huge financial incentive and failure to turn up at some of the games has been evident with the exception of the Hibs semi play off 2016 I think?

Interesting night ahead. We need to believe we will do this and start showing the resilience and mentality needed to get where we need to get to. 

46 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

My worry about tonight is do we have the balls for the battle We’ve done well over the past 6 weeks or so but some of our wins have been unconvincing and unfortunately lost ground at Alloa. Huge game in terms importance and media spotlight and I think this will give us all a good insight for the end of season play offs if we fail to catch Dunfermline. 
Everything crossed for tonight but watching Falkirk for many years, big matches, big expectation, huge financial incentive and failure to turn up at some of the games has been evident with the exception of the Hibs semi play off 2016 I think?

Interesting night ahead. We need to believe we will do this and start showing the resilience and mentality needed to get where we need to get to. 

Crumbling in the face of a battle is normally a worry, but we stood up to a really physical Kelty side just a week ago and ground them down for the equaliser and ultimately winner. Our 1st choice side should have the balls for a battle, I'm more confident of that than since about spring 2018!! 😬

The draw is of course, a major boost for us, but a major boost for Darvel too.

Tonight could be a huge deal in terms of our season. A win, and confidence grows. Lose, and I don’t think it can be easily explained away as “our focus is purely on the league”.

A professional display and an excuse free night please. Just get it done.

1 hour ago, Richie Sacramento said:

The Simpsons Burn Bridge GIF

Actual footage of Yogi leaving Falkirk Stadium for Easter Road

TBF he did that during his last season.

Never has there been such a divide between the fans and player/management in my time in his last season.

46 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Not sure if having the draw made before the match helps or hinders us. Would be a fantastic chance to get through to a semi final if we can land a home tie against one of the championship sides. Got to win tonight first of course. 

If there was a cash cow of ugly sisters away, the player bonus to reach that cash cow may have been increased especially in Darvels case. We now have a quarter final game that will sell out whatever tonight's result and on TV.

9 minutes ago, MrDust said:

TBF he did that during his last season.

Never has there been such a divide between the fans and player/management in my time in his last season.

If there was a cash cow of ugly sisters away, the player bonus to reach that cash cow may have been increased especially in Darvels case. We now have a quarter final game that will sell out whatever tonight's result and on TV.

Do you really think Falkirk v Ayr will sell out at TFS? Ayr have never brought many up at any previous game. I'd be shocked if they brought nearly 2000. That's basically they're entire home support these days.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Do you really think Falkirk v Ayr will sell out at TFS? Ayr have never brought many up at any previous game. I'd be shocked if they brought nearly 2000.

Ayr’s average attendance is around 2000 so I’d expect an away support of closer to 1000 is more likely.

Got a massive game in under 2 hours before we even start thinking about Ayr though.

The thing that's giving me the fear about tonight is the narrow pitch, we definitely carry more of a threat with Kennedy and Morrison wide my concern is there won't be the space for them to impact the game as much as we would like. So then do you go two up front like we did against Alloa which didn't work mostly because the midfield wasn't at it n we started shelling long balls.