The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Why on earth would Dundee United agree to that?

Suppose it depends on the terms of the loan. I don't suppose they have any real reason to, unless they want to take full control of his recovery and rehabilitation, and prevent the possibility of us rushing him back or otherwise making decisions they don't see as being for the best. Not that I think we would, but in the circumstances, they might want full control?

Then there's the general shittyness of the situation. They might consider McGlynn and Falkirk to be a good place to send their young players. Certainly trusting us with Meekison might suggest that.... It also might just be a financial thing, but they might place some stock in keeping a good relationship?

It certainly doesn't appear a cut and dried matter either way. Guess we see at the end of the month. 

19 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Come on now. If you see yourself as something beyond a “home games only” supporter, and you have followed your team for two decades, but have not been to TFS for any of the near enough 20 games your team have played there in that time, then yeah, it’s a fair question.

I go to a few away games every season but through work or in the past playing, I haven't made it to TFS yet. Still seems a strange yardstick to judge someone on without knowing any reason behind it. 

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Suppose it depends on the terms of the loan. I don't suppose they have any real reason to, unless they want to take full control of his recovery and rehabilitation, and prevent the possibility of us rushing him back or otherwise making decisions they don't see as being for the best. Not that I think we would, but in the circumstances, they might want full control?

Then there's the general shittyness of the situation. They might consider McGlynn and Falkirk to be a good place to send their young players. Certainly trusting us with Meekison might suggest that.... It also might just be a financial thing, but they might place some stock in keeping a good relationship?

It certainly doesn't appear a cut and dried matter either way. Guess we see at the end of the month. 

The terms of the loan will almost certainly allow them to take control of his recovery and rehab anyway. Most loan agreements state medical care reverts to parent club if more serious than 48 hours. Even if it didn't actually say it there's not a chance Falkirk would refuse a request to do so, it would kill chances of future loans and there's no real benefit in making your own medical people busier / costlier for the sake of a point of principle.

EDIT - It's also worth noting that most loan agreements also make the borrowing club liable for medical costs in the event of surgery being required. I'm not 100% sure what he actually did but if he needs an op there's every chance Falkirk are paying for it.

Assuming the Meekison loan wasn't free of charge in the first place (in which case his point is moot as there would be no wages saving to allocate elsewhere) then any agreement to cancel either comes with paying him up anyway (no cost saving but clears a loan space if you can afford and get someone else) or costs Dundee United money. Might be some merit if it's replacing him with another United youngster to get experience I suppose but still costing them money if that player could have gone somewhere else.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Why on earth would Dundee United agree to that?

Surely you'd put something in the loan agreement to cover this sort of thing.  He's played ten mins and been unable to play after that. He's basically  faulty goods as it wasn't a tackle or a fall that caused it at the end of the day it's a muscle injury so his hamstring must've been ready to go if it's that bad an injury.  Different if he's played a few games or it had been caused by something during the game but that's not the case.

24 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Rangers did when Kennedy got injured in his first game with us. Not saying United will but has happened before. 

Good of them (assuming you didn't actually pay them a fee for it anyway) but they can probably better afford it than United.

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Surely you'd put something in the loan agreement to cover this sort of thing.  He's played ten mins and been unable to play after that. He's basically  faulty goods as it wasn't a tackle or a fall that caused it at the end of the day it's a muscle injury so his hamstring must've been ready to go if it's that bad an injury.  Different if he's played a few games or it had been caused by something during the game but that's not the case.

I've never seen such a clause in a loan agreement. However, if that's the case and it wasn't caused by the pitch or a challenge they may do so morally I guess.

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

One thing for sure is Darvel won’t sit in against us. Hope to see Donaldson, Morrison and Kennedy in. I think the midfield battle is key. If McGinn and Henderson play well, we’ll win.

Good old fashioned blood and snotters Scottish cup tie and Darvel will rightly fancy their chances and rightly so.

Every Falkirk player has to be up for a battle all it will take is one or two thinking going through the motions will be enough and we will be out.

57 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I see Darvel have had to cut their tickets they are allowed to sell by 1000 for safety reasons.

They have also confirmed their managers pre match team talk will be live on TV again.

It’s maybe just me but that John Gall that owns them comes across as a complete w****r.

Gall caught my attention at the end of last season where he made a fool of himself talking about Talbot, then bottled promotion anyway.

I do like their manager but the team talk being live on TV is tinpot and cringe - into this shite Falkirk. 

No idea where the news article is getting the 3,500 figure from or why Gall is bleating about it being reduced for tonight. Neither Darvel or Aberdeen sold out their allocations for the game and the attendance was 2,200. Both teams sold out this time and should be a decent crowd of around 2,750. Doubt there would have been many more tickets sold than that but if Darvel want a bigger capacity they should invest in a bit of proper terracing. 

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Partick sacking Jobby after a decent showing at Ibrox is a strange one to me. Stinks of decision already made but they didn’t have someone lined up yet. 

Aberdeen, Motherwell and Partick all looking for a manager. If Yogi doesn't get a gig at one of these, surely his time as a manager in Scotland will be up. 

22 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Aberdeen, Motherwell and Partick all looking for a manager. If Yogi doesn't get a gig at one of these, surely his time as a manager in Scotland will be up. 

I think if Yogi gets a gig at any of them Scottish football will be up!