The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Who we have beaten once in the past four seasons.

Stones and glass houses springs instantly to mind when other clubs are being accused of lacking bottle.

In fairness to us we've brought water pistols to gun fights on most of those occasions. They should've been doing what you'd hope we could do now with a semblance of a decent squad.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

You’ve matched us point for point over the last couple of months and have added well, whereas we’ve lost one decent loanee and replaced him with another. Even beating us once and finishing a close second could give you decent momentum in the play offs. Plenty to play for. 

I actually think we will go up through the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Back to Mondays game with Darvel. Need every single player to give it 150% and if we can reproduce some of our earlier away form, we should be OK. Darvel rightly have earned the media coverage, and should be a cracking game. Looking forward to another away three points.

😂😂😂

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I know you WANT that to be true but I'm not really seeing it. 

Much more in the way of pragmatism than straw clutching tbh. 

It's not over, and we still need to be on it, but yesterday was the turn into massively nlukely territory and so it looks very much like the playoffs for us, is pretty much the prevailing opinion no?

If there’s one ingredient which every football team benefits from in a season, which we certainly have NOT, is LUCK.

47 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Slightly off track, must of been the funny handshake with the brethren to give Particks management the sack 

Interesting times at Partick. They have successfully got their iffy BoD out the door, including the hated Jacqui Low. Now McCall has gone too.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Is far from a lottery tbf. It's a difficult couple of weeks, but the winner will deserve it.  

McGlynn has a shocking record in play off games. I feel he tends to overthink the big, crunch games where his team isn’t the underdog. I wouldn’t back him to take you up through them.

24 minutes ago, Enigma said:

McGlynn has a shocking record in play off games. I feel he tends to overthink the big, crunch games where his team isn’t the underdog. I wouldn’t back him to take you up through them.

I know he failed twice in the old L2, and he may well have been the Raith manager when they were soundly beaten by QotS, but if that’s where we end up, then he has another chance at breaking his duck…..and remember, he was very much the underdog v QotS (if he was indeed the manager then).

By what you are saying, if we ended up finishing second, he will only have the winner of the 3rd v 4th place play off to worry about, as we would certainly be the underdog in two games against any Championship side.

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I know he failed twice in the old L2, and he may well have been the Raith manager when they were soundly beaten by QotS, but if that’s where we end up, then he has another chance at breaking his duck…..and remember, he was very much the underdog v QotS (if he was indeed the manager then).

By what you are saying, if we ended up finishing second, he will only have the winner of the 3rd v 4th place play off to worry about, as we would certainly be the underdog in two games against any Championship side.

If we finish second, we'll play the 3rd placed team as the 4th placed team play the 9th placed Championship team

25 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

He took us to promotion play offs from League One three times and the Championship once. He failed on each occasion.

Edited by Enigma

8 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

You’ve matched us point for point over the last couple of months and have added well, whereas we’ve lost one decent loanee and replaced him with another. Even beating us once and finishing a close second could give you decent momentum in the play offs. Plenty to play for. 

I agree win one of those games against us an yous are bk in in but won't win both

On 11/02/2023 at 23:29, Duncan Freemason said:

Tuesday’s draw at Alloa would have been a major boost for them, and being 3-0 down to Airdrie yet still finding a way to win the game is absolutely the hallmark of a team likely to win the league.

McGlynn has improved us a lot, but there was far too much that needed improving for it all just to fall into place within a single season. McGlynn is a decent manager, but he isn’t a miracle worker. He was awarded the L1 title in the Covid shortened season, and won the old L2 title at the 3rd attempt. To actually win L1 over a full season is much new territory for him as it is for us.

All we can do is hope for the best either by winning the title (unlikely), or by getting up via the play offs (a bit more likely). I haven’t paid much attention to the tail end of the Championship, but it’s maybe worthy of a bit more attention now.

7 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Queens Park finished 4th, 21 points behind Airdrie last year (and weren't particularly great) and yet over two-legs beat Airdrie who results wise had the momentum most on here seem to think we'll need heading into what appears to be our best shot at promotion with the title looking wrapped-up.

Appreciate Airdrie are absolute bottle merchants which is small comfort.