The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

As much as you hate to say it, you’ve almost got to hold your hands up say fair play tbh. It’s still not over but it’s definitely theirs to lose now.

No "almost" about it to be honest. That's why they will win the league and probably with a bit to spare. Bottle.

Had we beaten Dunfermline at home in November the gap would currently be one point instead of seven. That's how damaging our complete and ongoing inability to win the big games against direct rivals is. Until we start rectifying that, it's always going to be a struggle to get out of this league. 

They've pissed it and shown up the standard of this "really tough league" for what it is. Fair play.

Massively odds on that it's their league now. 

Tbh, we shouldn't have been so far behind come the window. We also shouldn't have allowed 3 of the 4 games v Dunfermline to be "don't lose" for them. A sticky patch at the start and before Xmas pretty much fucked it for us in terms of ever catching them. Of course 2 of those games still to come and I don't think wel get a better chance to beat them through there than a midweek evening, but the fact remains, they are highly likely to be able to approach those games in a way that really suits them. 

For that reason, taking 6 points is a colossal task, and that's the bare minimum we need before looking for favours. Airdrie will obviously be hurting and have a point to prove next weekend, so maybe we'll get a couple of that 7 back quickly, but still.... 

There’s always a plus, result completely Fcks up Airdrie as they won’t come back from todays humiliation & mauling.

The kind of result that will go a long way in securing the top slot, as can’t see them hitting any shite form after this result, with only the last quarter to go.

However we just need to win all our remaining games and hope they drop points. Can we do it - yes we can…..

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Massively odds on that it's their league now. 

Tbh, we shouldn't have been so far behind come the window. We also shouldn't have allowed 3 of the 4 games v Dunfermline to be "don't lose" for them. A sticky patch at the start and before Xmas pretty much fucked it for us in terms of ever catching them. Of course 2 of those games still to come and I don't think wel get a better chance to beat them through there than a midweek evening, but the fact remains, they are highly likely to be able to approach those games in a way that really suits them. 

For that reason, taking 6 points is a colossal task, and that's the bare minimum we need before looking for favours. Airdrie will obviously be hurting and have a point to prove next weekend, so maybe we'll get a couple of that 7 back quickly, but still.... 

Correct, we were simply not good enough for half the season and we've only had 2 months worth of form worthy of being a title contender. 

As I say, we need 6 points from them or its the play offs.

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

There’s always a plus, result completely Fcks up Airdrie as they won’t come back from todays humiliation & mauling.

The kind of result that will go a long way in securing the top slot, as can’t see them hitting any shite form after this result, with only the last quarter to go.

However we just need to win all our remaining games and hope they drop points. Can we do it - yes we can…..

That plus Dunfermline were absolutely awful up until the red card.

16 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Ah well that's that. Needed a favour from the fascists and it didn't happen.

Unless we Dunfernline twice, it is now theirs to lose.

It was already their’s to lose. As soon as we drew with Alloa, it was out of our hands. Fair play to them. Today’s the day they have made their grip on the league title much much stronger.

That also puts to bed the “points gained from a losing position” stat. We were not “better” than them in that respect despite recent claims saying we were (by missing out one key bit of data).

4 minutes ago, Senator Frimpton said:

Given the playoffs is now our likeliest chance of promotion this year (as well as being in the cup) does anyone have the latest on Meekison? He may have a part to play yet if his injury isnt bad (or he is still with us)

Agree that given this is the most likely outcome, it would be very sensible to get another midfielder in in his place. 

9 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It was already their’s to lose. As soon as we drew with Alloa, it was out of our hands. Fair play to them. Today’s the day they have made their grip on the league title much much stronger.

That also puts to bed the “points gained from a losing position” stat. We were not “better” than them in that respect despite recent claims saying we were (by missing out one key bit of data).

The biggest bit of data is they are 7 points clear of us with a slightly better GD and have lost 25% of the games we have.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The biggest bit of data is they are 7 points clear of us with a slightly better GD and have lost 25% of the games we have.

Realism sinking in I think. Pretty much as I’ve been saying for weeks, our best hope lies in the playoffs.

However, as it’s likely we will play Airdrie in the playoffs we really need to get a grip of a team that’s bottle has crashed not only against Dunfermline but also on several occasions against the mighty FC Edinburgh…….

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Why did you start supporting Falkirk as a matter of interest?

My dad and all of his side of the family are from there, well Larbert, Carronshore area. So I started going to games with my dad, grandpa and uncle when I was 7 back in 93. Never looked back and now my son is the same. 

4 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

This Pars love in is really heart warming. 🥰

Aye, well when you go on a 5 game win streak, and then one draw, and find you haven’t put so much as a one point dent in their lead, then sometimes, you have to say “fair play”.

It’s going to take a helluva collapse for them to throw it away now. The last time you saw a collapse like that was probably from us.

23 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

….and that was the missing bit of data. They have been behind in 9 games, and got 12 points losing 1 game.

We have been behind in 11 games, got 13 points, and lost 4 games.

29 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Realism sinking in I think. Pretty much as I’ve been saying for weeks, our best hope lies in the playoffs.

However, as it’s likely we will play Airdrie in the playoffs we really need to get a grip of a team that’s bottle has crashed not only against Dunfermline but also on several occasions against the mighty FC Edinburgh…….

Looks like Rhys McCabe and Callum Fordyce enjoying themselves after the game in the Pars changing room.......some  Bois......I

sf 137 GIF by MLB