The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

From the fans moaning about a Stenny fan saying he hates them. 😂

No need to dig yourself into a bigger hole here by putting words in my mouth. Nobody has complained or “moaned” merely asking the question due to most Falkirk fans in my circle generally having a bit of a soft spot for Steny.

33 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Me too, I don't mind them at all. In fact, if we were to cease to exist I could see me regularly going to games, not as a fan as such, but to wander up to the ground (I stay in Larbert), maybe having a pint on the way, then a pint to two in the Wee Bar before and after the match.

As we all know, we hold the Bigot Brothers’ fans in disdain for jumping on buses to Glasgow to spew their hatred and to see their respective clubs hoover up nearly all the trophies going in Scotland, i.e. they are glory hunters.

Playing devil’s advocate here, maybe Stenny fans view our fans who live in Stenhousemuir / Larbert / Carron and go to watch Falkirk as glory hunters (please, don’t laugh). And as an extension of this, they have now come to hate all things Falkirk?

2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

No need to dig yourself into a bigger hole here by putting words in my mouth. Nobody has complained or “moaned” merely asking the question due to most Falkirk fans in my circle generally having a bit of a soft spot for Steny.

I never said you did, but thanks for jumping on to defend yourself anyway. 

You did, however, hint at said Stenny fan having an inferiority complex, or being jealous of the big club that you are. And that's exactly why plenty people dislike your lot. Your mentality certainly doesn't match your teams status. And you're definitely not the big club you all seem to think you are. Most teams in leagues above probably feel very indifferent about you. 

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

As we all know, we hold the Bigot Brothers’ fans in disdain for jumping on buses to Glasgow to spew their hatred and to see their respective clubs hoover up nearly all the trophies going in Scotland, i.e. they are glory hunters.

Playing devil’s advocate here, maybe Stenny fans view our fans who live in Stenhousemuir / Larbert / Carron and go to watch Falkirk as glory hunters (please, don’t laugh). And as an extension of this, they have now come to hate all things Falkirk?

You could be on to something here, shower of glory hunters or would that be misery hunters 😁

8 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

You may have something there, although I would imagine that the majority of Falkirk fans who live in Larbert and Stenhousemuir don't actually come from there. Me included.

Certainly up until the age of 13 or so, I would regularly go along to a Warriors game if Falkirk were away, and I didn’t have enough money to travel. I lived near the Dobbie Hall, so it was no hardship to walk along to Ochilview.

As I say, the chap Telfer doesn’t get under my skin at all. He is on the telly, and as such comments, gestures and facial expressions are all exaggerated to a huge degree. I find it hard to get riled up about it. There’s lots of people who dislike the show, but personally, I enjoy it, and I like that the show highlights a lot of stuff that isn’t OF or even top flight based.

56 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Or it could be they are just a*seholes, Just putting it out there .. lol

50 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

You may have something there, although I would imagine that the majority of Falkirk fans who live in Larbert and Stenhousemuir don't actually come from there. Me included.

Never had an issue with Stenny or Shire fans over the decades, pish takes and wind-ups aplenty but generally good banter.

55 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

You did, however, hint at said Stenny fan having an inferiority complex, or being jealous of the big club that you are. And that's exactly why plenty people dislike your lot. Your mentality certainly doesn't match your teams status. And you're definitely not the big club you all seem to think you are. Most teams in leagues above probably feel very indifferent about you. 

You don't half blether some shite. 

1 hour ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Where are you getting this from? I’m not hinting at anything merely asking a question playing devils advocate. Not a single Falkirk fan I know doesn’t realise we deserve our current “status”…….. We have dropped into this division because we have been piss poor on the park and that is where football is played. The club was badly miss managed behind the scenes for a while culminating in us having our two worst seasons on record on the pitch consecutively. I’d love you to show me a single quote from a fan saying we deserve to be any higher purely because historically we have been a more successful club or have a larger support than some of the teams around us in this league? Football is played on the park, everybody realises that and you’re only as good as your last game. I think your perceived issues might all might all be in your head to be honest…..Incidentally I’ve no particular issues with Airdrie fans other than the racist right wing element that once attached itself to the club, hopefully your club has managed to eradicate that now. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Never actually thought of it that way but you might be right, it’s just kinda hard to imagine myself being seen as a “glory hunter” while having suffered supporting Falkirk all these years! 

I have never had any sense of being a glory hunter because I supported Falkirk rather than Stenhousemuir (despite growing up in Stenhousemuir). There were/are lots of people in the same boat. For this to to be the case, you would need some dodgy dividing lines on a district by district basis defining who you “should” support.

People in Bainsford are pretty much equidistant from TFS and Ochilview. Who should they support? I can’t buy into the Warriors being a bitter club either. It’s just too broad a brush to define them in this way. Sure, you have Mr Telfer trying to dish it out, but come on, he’s playing a role on the telly, and in truth, at least he isn’t saying one thing to one group, and something else to another group.

Brought up in Denny (Dunipace to be specific), in the 70’s it was pretty much a three way split between Falkirk and the cheeks.

More towards the cheeks now unfortunately, even some guys I used to go to Brockville with at the time have disgraced themselves by succumbing to the lure of the cheeks.

Dunipace were my other team.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I have never had any sense of being a glory hunter because I supported Falkirk rather than Stenhousemuir (despite growing up in Stenhousemuir). There were/are lots of people in the same boat. For this to to be the case, you would need some dodgy dividing lines on a district by district basis defining who you “should” support.

People in Bainsford are pretty much equidistant from TFS and Ochilview. Who should they support? I can’t buy into the Warriors being a bitter club either. It’s just too broad a brush to define them in this way. Sure, you have Mr Telfer trying to dish it out, but come on, he’s playing a role on the telly, and in truth, at least he isn’t saying one thing to one group, and something else to another group.

I was born in F&DRI so I'm a bona fide Bairn. I 'come' from Bonnybridge though and almost joined the hordes who get on a bus to Ibrox every other week simply because everyone else in my class did. When my dad got wind of this though he told me in no uncertain terms that it wouldn't be happening as he knew it would be an unhealthy thing to do. (Very wise man my dad!) He had no interest in football at all but insisted that if I was going to support a team that it would be Falkirk. I'm very glad that he did, despite the fact that so many of my weekends have been ruined ever since!