The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

Watched a view from the terrace....everyone against us and wanting a Darvel win. Let's ruin everyone's night

Don’t know the story wrt Darvel’s rise, but I presume there’s money being pumped in from somewhere. I don’t mind the ViewFTT stuff, and them picking out Darvel as the team they are eager to win. The meedja love a giant killer act (even if the giant isn’t a very big one).

Darvel manager saying the politically right thing in “Falkirk are favourites”. Let’s see what happens. For us, any win will do……but it would be nice to do more than shade it by one goal.

Can’t say I’m shocked that the bitter, Stenny w****r on that show wants us to get beat. Had no real issues with Stenny (barring them delaying putting the Ochilview roof on we donated to them back in 2003) until he came along but hopefully we pump them silly on Monday & Stenny continue to be L2 jobbers. 

13 hours ago, grumswall said:

Last season iirc. 

Can't say iv actually talked bad about your stadium. Iv never been. I look forward to visiting to watch two championship sides Battle it out in a cup final though. Is this where I insert the 😂😂😂

Some fan you. TFS has been open 20 years and I would wager Raith have been there at least 20 times. 

8 hours ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

Watched a view from the terrace....everyone against us and wanting a Darvel win. Let's ruin everyone's night

The Stenny fan hates Falkirk more than he loves his own team

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Can’t say I’m shocked that the bitter, Stenny w****r on that show wants us to get beat. Had no real issues with Stenny (barring them delaying putting the Ochilview roof on we donated to them back in 2003) until he came along but hopefully we pump them silly on Monday & Stenny continue to be L2 jobbers. 

Like so many fans of other teams these days, he's far, far more interested (make that obsessed) in what we are doing than anything his own wee mob are up to. Which given he supports Stenhousemuir, probably won't be very much. All about the Falkirk. Quite funny really.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

The Stenny fan hates Falkirk more than he loves his own team

I know, found that that strange, I’ve never really minded Steny. In fact I’ve actually been to a few games on the odd occasion when Falkirk weren’t playing and supported them. Do stenhousemuir fans actually see us as a derby/rival or is it just that one guy? 🤣…..A proper derby/rivalry has never really grew between the two clubs due to us playing at different levels most of my life so I’ve always kinda seen them as a 2nd team. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

29 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I know, found that that strange, I’ve never really minded Steny. In fact I’ve actually been to a few games on the odd occasion when Falkirk weren’t playing and supported them. Do stenhousemuir fans actually see us as a derby/rival or is it just that one guy? 🤣…..A proper derby/rivalry has never really grew between the two clubs due to us playing at different levels most of my life so I’ve always kinda seen them as a 2nd team. 

I went to the Stenny v Elgin game a couple of weeks back because I didn't fancy not being able to see us beat Edinburgh at that woeful stadium. That eejit was sitting just behind me and he, along with a few others around me, were cursing when Falkirk scored. 'Awe fur fuks sake Fawkirk' alerted me to our second goal. (That was someone else, not him). So obsessed that they're checking their phones for our score while their own team are playing. Bitter little people.

12 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I went to the Stenny v Elgin game a couple of weeks back because I didn't fancy not being able to see us beat Edinburgh at that woeful stadium. That eejit was sitting just behind me and he, along with a few others around me, were cursing when Falkirk scored. 'Awe fur fuks sake Fawkirk' alerted me to our second goal. (That was someone else, not him). So obsessed that they're checking their phones for our score while their own team are playing. Bitter little people.

Odd that, wasn’t something I was aware of to be honest. It’s obviously a one way thing towards Falkirk as I can’t say I’ve ever felt like there’s been any form of rivalry or hatred between the two clubs (like there is with a Dunfermline) from our end, in fact it’s quite the opposite! I genuinely do the opposite and look out for the Steny results hoping they’ve won! Any Steny fans out there able to let us know what Falkirk have done to upset your wee faces? Is it an inferiority complex/ jealousy thing having a bigger more successful club on the door step? When was the last time the two clubs were even in the same division FFS, there’s never been an opportunity for a derby type rivalry to form. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

4 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Odd that, wasn’t something I was aware of to be honest. It’s obviously a one way thing towards Falkirk as I can’t say I’ve ever felt like there’s been any form of rivalry or hatred between the two clubs (like there is with a Dunfermline) from our end, in fact it’s quite the opposite! I genuinely do the opposite and look out for the Steny results hoping they’ve won! Any Steny fans out there able to let us know what Falkirk have done to upset your wee faces? Is it an inferiority complex/ jealousy thing having a bigger more successful club on the door step? When was the last time the two clubs were even in the same division FFS, there’s never been an opportunity for a derby type rivalry to form. 

I would say that there is complete indifference to Stenhousemuir, Stirling Albion, Alloa and the Shire (remember them?) from Falkirk fans.

Dunfermline and to a lesser extent Raith Rovers and Airdrie would be our natural rivals.

Except today when we are all honorary Airdrie fans.

30 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Me too, I don't mind them at all. In fact, if we were to cease to exist I could see me regularly going to games, not as a fan as such, but to wander up to the ground (I stay in Larbert), maybe having a pint on the way, then a pint to two in the Wee Bar before and after the match.

9 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Thinks it's fair to say that disliking Falkirk and their fans is not synonymous to Stenny fans. 

But that's the down side to being such a huge club with millions of fans, endless pots of money and unfairly stuck in a league you don't belong in. 

#prayforfalkirk

So sorry we’ve whipped you up into such a state. 🤣

# Rattled

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Me too, I don't mind them at all. In fact, if we were to cease to exist I could see me regularly going to games, not as a fan as such, but to wander up to the ground (I stay in Larbert), maybe having a pint on the way, then a pint to two in the Wee Bar before and after the match.

Totally agree with this, in these circumstances I could see myself doing the same. 

4 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

I used to work with a couple of Stenny fans, like you I never ever had anything against Stenny and have never viewed them as rivals. They changed me with their absolute hatred of us. I now hope they get gubbed every week.