The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Brockvillenomore
28 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

From being happy with a draw at Alloa to not being happy with a draw at Alloa in the space of a year. That is some journey right enough.............

I know any form of critical thinking, self awareness and analysis is unheard of in your forum but thanks for joining us this afternoon to confirm it. 

Guest Ecosse83
41 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

From being happy with a draw at Alloa to not being happy with a draw at Alloa in the space of a year. That is some journey right enough.............

What a zoomer! 

56 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Had you been aware of the depths of awfulness to which we had sunk you would realise that it has indeed been some journey.

To be fair our downwards plummet never quite reached the ridiculous low of 7th in this league.

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

Had you been aware of the depths of awfulness to which we had sunk you would realise that it has indeed been some journey.

To be fair our downwards plummet never quite reached the ridiculous low of 7th in this league.

Why did you have to mention that season?

Sakes....

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

No you said categorically the club had not asked what the price was to buy it. How do you know they have not? That was all I was questioning.  

How do you know they have?

The lack of clarity indicates the club have not explored that option. Been talked about by the fans often enough and if numbers had been mentioned the usual suspects would have been tipped of at Tesco's like the leaks of the recent past

Anyway that is for the future when the club is on a firmer financial footing and out the league we are in.

9 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The lack of clarity indicates the club have not explored that option. Been talked about by the fans often enough and if numbers had been mentioned the usual suspects would have been tipped of at Tesco's like the leaks of the recent past

Anyway that is for the future when the club is on a firmer financial footing and out the league we are in.

I haven’t said they have or have not. You are the one that keeps saying the club this, the council that like you had inside knowledge. I have no idea what the conversations have been, unlike you. That’s why I asked how you knew. 

3 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Still a bit disappointed with last nights result and overall performance. That said last season I’d have been happy with a draw but now I’m not, that shows to me how far we have come in a short space of time. 

Looking forward to Darvel now and a wee break from league duty! 

I get you, last night felt like a defeat more than a draw, refereeing has been shocking and as for injury time the last few games its almost like they aren't blowing the final whistle till its a draw see Montrose, Kelty and last night

5 hours ago, G_&_T said:

I'm sure they could have sold the land to a housing developer for far more than a quid. The grounds of the stadium are pretty extensive.

That would never have happened. It’s the national stadium, and a housing development would never ever have been sanctioned. They lucked in purely on their historical good fortune, and of course, Willie Haughey bankrolling them. It will however, end in tears. It might take several years, but unless they find an alternate funding route like the Launderers, it will end.

31 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I get you, last night felt like a defeat more than a draw, refereeing has been shocking and as for injury time the last few games its almost like they aren't blowing the final whistle till its a draw see Montrose, Kelty and last night

I think that's just L1 refs in general. We had that last weekend too with the guy we had. Seemed like he was finding extra mins when there actually hadn't been many stoppages. 

55 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

It did and I was pretty convinced the ref had it wrong from where I was standing.

However, as the day has wore on and reviewing all the footage he probably got the call correct. 

The fact Rowe conceded the players were arguing it was outside the box, not that it was awarded, confirms it.

I've a bigger issue with the linesman last night - and their contributions to games overall - than the ref. Only criticism of him now would be he was quick to get his yellow card out for us but let Alloa off.

Can't say I'm as confident about facing Darvel next. Having seen us the last few games the headline results have been good but scratch beyond that and we've toiled not to mention conceding in the last four.

Agree don’t think we’ve been at our best. However with the amount of away games it’s been a decent gathering of points. McGlynn gambled and it didn’t pay off, and actually think the cup game is exactly what we need. Darvel have rightly been given centre stage, and actually think there’s more pressure on them. Getting through to next round could be a great money spinner, but would take going up over that.

My concern is that we’ve got 13 league games with half these against the top half teams. Thirteen cup finals which we need to be better than our showing at Alloa. Big ask when we’ve got guys like Nisbett whose recent performances have been poor. 

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I feel really unlighted after reading that.

40 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Looking forward to Monday nights game and think it will be a cracker , as daft as it sounds I expect us to be in 1/4 final Tuesday morning albeit im sure Falkirk won’t treat it same way as Aberdeen 

I think that the media (I heard the guys on Sportscene on Sunday night) are actually under estimating Falkirk and over egging Darvel. Ok you cuffed Montrose but TBH had Aberdeen taken their early chances I believe they would have won comfortably. 
I believe we will win with a bit in hand. We are better than Montrose and way more interested than Aberdeen. It takes nothing away from you but in all honesty I don’t think many of your players would get in our side. 
Our price of 1/2 is about right IMO and we have lost one in 12 , to and Dundee side who are way better standard than most outside the PL. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Monday night is huge both on and off the pitch. Financially would be tremendous to get further (dreaming of Hampden again) & on the pitch I’d be worried about what a loss could do to the growing confidence as since mid December we’ve been outstanding.

But won’t underestimate them like Aberdeen though. Let’s do this 💪🏼 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Agree don’t think we’ve been at our best. However with the amount of away games it’s been a decent gathering of points. McGlynn gambled and it didn’t pay off, and actually think the cup game is exactly what we need. Darvel have rightly been given centre stage, and actually think there’s more pressure on them. Getting through to next round could be a great money spinner, but would take going up over that.

My concern is that we’ve got 13 league games with half these against the top half teams. Thirteen cup finals which we need to be better than our showing at Alloa. Big ask when we’ve got guys like Nisbett whose recent performances have been poor. 

Oliver in for Nesbitt for me.

Think you guys will have enough to beat Darvel and McGlynn won't be as slapdash as Goodwin was. In two minds if its a good thing for the Pars if you do go through  - confidence and the extra revenue of course but then extra games and the potential for some players to not go full pelt in a league game in case they miss a showpiece fixture, one that might be their biggest ever game. A good headache for you guys to have mind you.