The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

PJ did not have a save to make all night. Despite Alloa having much of the ball, shot that hit the post he did hehaw with it. It was their creativity more for me than their frontline. Credit to our defence IMO.

I thought the party line in Grangemouth was that possession was everything, regardless of what you do with it?

Thought the boy Wright done well when he came on last night, has a bit of presence and kept it simple getting the ball in behind for Morrison and Kennedy. 

Got to start Morrison and Kennedy wide of Burrell on Monday.

41 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Thought the boy Wright done well when he came on last night, has a bit of presence and kept it simple getting the ball in behind for Morrison and Kennedy. 

Got to start Morrison and Kennedy wide of Burrell on Monday.

I'd be tempted to start with Wright and bring Burrell on in the 60th minute as they looked burst against Aberdeen in the later stages of that game. 

You can probably fit our most inform players into McGlynn's preferred formation now.

Kinnear likely starts against Darvel.

Rowe and McCann at full back.

Any 2 of Donaldson, McKay and Mackie.

McGinn and Henderson double pivot.

Oliver as the 10.

Morrison and Kennedy wide in a front 3.

Burrell central but with an argument for either Allan or Wright to start too.

1 minute ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

You can probably fit our most inform players into McGlynn's preferred formation now.

Oliver as the 10.

Not far off what I would go for but certainly wouldn’t be experimenting with Kinnear in a high profile game like this.

Guest Brockvillenomore
2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Will explain it to you as simply as I can since you are struggling to grasp what was said

Is it desirable for FFC to own the stadium complex outright? Yes

Is it desirable to find out what funds would be required? Yes

Therefore an approach to the council which like every other council is having financial difficulties and say they run the TFS at a loss. How much do you want for it for a one off payment.

Once you know the value then a business plan can be put together to make it happen after all FFC are paying the council £250,000 a year £ 1 million every 4 years £2.5 million per decade and the club own diddly squat while getting ripped off for service charges.

Happy to have unlighted you and hope you have a better understanding on the long term thinking required to ensure the clubs future.

In the real world where grown ups live I’d much prefer to be enlightened than unlighted. 

If you persist in being condescending and patronising about people’s responses you’d better make sure you’ve got your spelling correct and your arguments actually make sense. 

£250k per annum to the council? I have my doubts,  the accounts have never shown that. Are you mixing up all the stadium costs?

Why don’t you ask at the AGM? 

Edited by Brockvillenomore

39 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Oliver as the 10.

He is never dropping Nesbitt... unfortunately. I think Nesbitt is a good player but what frustrates me, and I think most others is Mcglynn's refusal to bench him. I believe that the only two players Mcglynn has not dropped all season ( apart from the Wick game) is Nesbitt and Mcginn. Mcginn is our captain and is a fairly consistent performer. Whereas, Nesbitt who has undoubtedly been one of our better players has not warranted this inability Mcglynn has to drop him for a game. When you think that guys like Morrison, Mcann and Donaldson who have been dropped at various points of the season, it is quite shocking that Nesbitt hasn't found himself on the bench at some point. I like Nesbitt but his shooting/finishing is so so poor. Consistently drives his shots wide or over the bar. For the amount of game time and chances he's had he should definitely have more goals. 

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Selling their ground via an incredibly dodgy deal and them getting paid a ridiculous amount for a stadium  they had spent feck all towards the modernisation of. The place would've gone bust years ago if it had been left in their hands to finance and run.Theyve had numerous bailouts over the years. The SFA offered them a quid for it which was a far more accurate sum but then in comes old haughey who helps finance the sfas purchase of Hampden to a club he's involved in by giving the sfa a bridging loan. You really couldn't make it up and now queen's park are flying high on cash given to them by the sfa funded by one of their owners so the deal could go through. 

I'm sure they could have sold the land to a housing developer for far more than a quid. The grounds of the stadium are pretty extensive.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'd be tempted to start with Wright and bring Burrell on in the 60th minute as they looked burst against Aberdeen in the later stages of that game. 

I'd maybe go with that too, however, again we're taking a chance that Wright would play the role well. Oliver's no world beater but he's done well enough up there.

3 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Given the ball bobbles away from him, the idea that he stands on the ball seems far fetched to me. Not as much of a stonewaller as the cup game, but I'd expect it to start evening itself out big time over the next few months....

This was already discussed on the match thread at the time, but while that challenge in the cup game did indeed look like a stonewaller from the highlights, from behind the goal where there was a perfect view Strachan very clearly won the ball. It was an absolutely terrific challenge in a high risk situation and the ref got it bang on. 

Funnily enough though, the ref did actually miss a clear foul in the box in that same half 😁

received_1257968591423599.jpeg.d115411a349bfd0c55da0a34811f654c.jpeg

McGlynn is a solid manager and he would have had his reasons for picking that team last night, but I was certainly very happy to see Morrison and Kennedy on the bench. While we kept them fairly quiet in the cup game they are both potentially so dangerous. And of course, both Falkirk goals in the cup game came from wide areas. I'm sure they'll be very much involved in the months ahead. 

37 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

He is never dropping Nesbitt... unfortunately. I think Nesbitt is a good player but what frustrates me, and I think most others is Mcglynn's refusal to bench him. I believe that the only two players Mcglynn has not dropped all season ( apart from the Wick game) is Nesbitt and Mcginn. Mcginn is our captain and is a fairly consistent performer. Whereas, Nesbitt who has undoubtedly been one of our better players has not warranted this inability Mcglynn has to drop him for a game. When you think that guys like Morrison, Mcann and Donaldson who have been dropped at various points of the season, it is quite shocking that Nesbitt hasn't found himself on the bench at some point. I like Nesbitt but his shooting/finishing is so so poor. Consistently drives his shots wide or over the bar. For the amount of game time and chances he's had he should definitely have more goals. 

I think Nesbitt provides a lot of energy that the likes of Oliver wouldn't in the same role. As both McGinn and Henderson are both defensive mid types that just leaves one attacking midfielder centrally so McGlynn may be swayed by the energy that Nesbitt gives in the role.

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Will explain it to you as simply as I can since you are struggling to grasp what was said

Therefore an approach to the council which like every other council is having financial difficulties and say they run the TFS at a loss. How much do you want for it for a one off payment.

Once you know the value then a business plan can be put together to make it happen after all FFC are paying the council £250,000 a year £ 1 million every 4 years £2.5 million per decade and the club own diddly squat while getting ripped off for service charges.

Happy to have unlighted you and hope you have a better understanding on the long term thinking required to ensure the clubs future.

250k a year?! Where on earth have you plucked that figure from?! Did you even bother look at our most recent set of accounts? 

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

No you said categorically the club had not asked what the price was to buy it. How do you know they have not? That was all I was questioning.  

6 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Felt PJ was under more pressure than Hogarth to be honest. 

Very similar to Saturday in that we didn't keep or use the ball well when we had it. Can see why Yeats hasn't featured for a while.

Also felt we were far too deep for much of the game and McCann and Rowe struggled to get forward and our out ball ended up being a punt down the middle.

Appreciate we've been away from home and we won't always get it our own way but last two games we've shown little quality for much of the games and last night we finally came unstuck albeit it was a soft award in my opinion.

He may well have been but he did not have a save of note all night. 

1 hour ago, G_&_T said:

I'm sure they could have sold the land to a housing developer for far more than a quid. The grounds of the stadium are pretty extensive.

Who'd want to buy a house in that shitehole of an area with a football park in lesser hampden right on your doorstep? 

Guest Ecosse83

Still a bit disappointed with last nights result and overall performance. That said last season I’d have been happy with a draw but now I’m not, that shows to me how far we have come in a short space of time. 

Looking forward to Darvel now and a wee break from league duty! 

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

That said last season I’d have been happy with a draw but now I’m not, that shows to me how far we have come in a short space of time. 

From being happy with a draw at Alloa to not being happy with a draw at Alloa in the space of a year. That is some journey right enough.............