The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Passionate said:

Is it,   Truth hurts..

You have no idea what has gone on at our club. That post was utter nonsense. Now f**k off like a good little boy and don’t come back here if you don’t take at least 2 points off that shite in the coming days. 

If Morrison wasn’t carrying an injury last night, McGlynn got it wrong. Thought we were very poor until the second half changes, albeit thought Alloa thoroughly deserved a point. If Alloa had a stronger front line could easily have been a couple up in first 45. The break has come at the right time after so many away fixtures, and although we’ve a strong bench let’s start with our best eleven. 

8 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

I think there's a fair chance we'll get 7 out of 9. We have the best away record in the league by far. Weirdly enough I think it's the home game v Airdrie that gives me the fear.

Next three weeks are season defining for airdrie and possibly the league

52 minutes ago, Springfield said:

If Morrison wasn’t carrying an injury last night, McGlynn got it wrong. Thought we were very poor until the second half changes, albeit thought Alloa thoroughly deserved a point. If Alloa had a stronger front line could easily have been a couple up in first 45. The break has come at the right time after so many away fixtures, and although we’ve a strong bench let’s start with our best eleven. 

PJ did not have a save to make all night. Despite Alloa having much of the ball, shot that hit the post he did hehaw with it. It was their creativity more for me than their frontline. Credit to our defence IMO.

Of course Morrison and Kennedy should have started in hindsight but it shows moving forward that this “why are we playing 1 up in L1” narrative is a load of tosh. 

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

PJ did not have a save to make all night. Despite Alloa having much of the ball, shot that hit the post he did hehaw with it. It was their creativity more for me than their frontline. Credit to our defence IMO.

Of course Morrison and Kennedy should have started in hindsight but it shows moving forward that this “why are we playing 1 up in L1” narrative is a load of tosh. 

Absolutely - interesting that a lot of the posters that have been very negative towards Morrison and his performances are now complaining when he was rested.

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Felt PJ was under more pressure than Hogarth to be honest. 

Very similar to Saturday in that we didn't keep or use the ball well when we had it. Can see why Yeats hasn't featured for a while.

Also felt we were far too deep for much of the game and McCann and Rowe struggled to get forward and our out ball ended up being a punt down the middle.

Appreciate we've been away from home and we won't always get it our own way but last two games we've shown little quality for much of the games and last night we finally came unstuck albeit it was a soft award in my opinion.

14 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I think at one time they did have a camera, but my guess would be that manpower is a bigger issue. 

Just to point out on the media side you outnumber me at least 5-1. Manpower is definitely not an issue.

9 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Whilst I don't disagree regarding some of those clubs spending outwith their means in terms of what they bring in from crowds etc. The same could be said for Falkirk. They've clearly spent beyond what they can afford, chucked stupid money and contracts at diddy players and been left licking their wounds for it. And even now, struggling financially, then go out and sign players, even paying a transfer fee for Jordan Allan. Which is desparate and hilarious in itself by the way. 

But their board are being wreck less, trying to buy success with money they don't have and then asking fans to pay up to cover the shortfalls. That's equal to or worse than a sugar daddy, as at least they pay out themselves and don't rip off their own fans. 

Clydebank fan talking about fiscal responsibility is it?

Guest Brockvillenomore
58 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Clydebank fan talking about fiscal responsibility is it?

The concept of purchasing shares and fan ownership lost on him 😂

10 hours ago, G_&_T said:

I don't mind Queen's Park's success so much, because a lot of their money came from selling their ground. I also like their fabulous history - the oldest club, etc.

But when the likes of Kelty, Cove, Gretna, and probably Darvel in the future, buy their success thanks to the generosity of a sugar daddy, I resent that. I want to see the 3,500 fans, who don't go and watch the Old Firm but support their local club, to be rewarded for their support. But that's just my opinion, of course.

Selling their ground via an incredibly dodgy deal and them getting paid a ridiculous amount for a stadium  they had spent feck all towards the modernisation of. The place would've gone bust years ago if it had been left in their hands to finance and run.Theyve had numerous bailouts over the years. The SFA offered them a quid for it which was a far more accurate sum but then in comes old haughey who helps finance the sfas purchase of Hampden to a club he's involved in by giving the sfa a bridging loan. You really couldn't make it up and now queen's park are flying high on cash given to them by the sfa funded by one of their owners so the deal could go through. 

10 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Looks like a clear penalty for us in the first few mins on the Alloa highlights - same ref that didn't give one at the same end in the cup, but had his whistle in his mouth before Mckay had even handled it after 95 minutes. 

You've not watched it closely enough. Taggart's foot literally stands on the ball. Added it to debunk the conspiracy theorists.

2 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Surely (maybe) at some point that cash will dry up? They might have a few good years at our clubs' expense, but it won't last forever?

The problems normally arise when these clubs ride up the ladder too quickly like gretna for example. If the club doesn't grow at the same rate as the team you end up having to pay top flight wages, stadium costs, security etc on crowds that are the same as those you had in league 2 which then results in more and more money having to be flung at the project just to keep the clubs head above water. The wealthy owners then tend to have second thoughts as their wealth starts to flood out the door at an alarming rate.

10 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

You've not watched it closely enough. Taggart's foot literally stands on the ball. Added it to debunk the conspiracy theorists.

Given the ball bobbles away from him, the idea that he stands on the ball seems far fetched to me. Not as much of a stonewaller as the cup game, but I'd expect it to start evening itself out big time over the next few months....

5 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Given the ball bobbles away from him, the idea that he stands on the ball seems far fetched to me. Not as much of a stonewaller as the cup game, but I'd expect it to start evening itself out big time over the next few months....

It's 50/50 and Taggart gets the slightest of touches on it - "stands on the ball" is a generous interpretation but agree it's not a penalty.

12 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

How the f**k would you know that you roaster ? 

Will explain it to you as simply as I can since you are struggling to grasp what was said

Is it desirable for FFC to own the stadium complex outright? Yes

Is it desirable to find out what funds would be required? Yes

Therefore an approach to the council which like every other council is having financial difficulties and say they run the TFS at a loss. How much do you want for it for a one off payment.

Once you know the value then a business plan can be put together to make it happen after all FFC are paying the council £250,000 a year £ 1 million every 4 years £2.5 million per decade and the club own diddly squat while getting ripped off for service charges.

Happy to have unlighted you and hope you have a better understanding on the long term thinking required to ensure the clubs future.

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Will explain it to you as simply as I can since you are struggling to grasp what was said

Is it desirable for FFC to own the stadium complex outright? Yes

Is it desirable to find out what funds would be required? Yes

Therefore an approach to the council which like every other council is having financial difficulties and say they run the TFS at a loss. How much do you want for it for a one off payment.

Once you know the value then a business plan can be put together to make it happen after all FFC are paying the council £250,000 a year £ 1 million every 4 years £2.5 million per decade and the club own diddly squat while getting ripped off for service charges.

Happy to have unlighted you and hope you have a better understanding on the long term thinking required to ensure the clubs future.

Let's just start by putting a decent meal on the table and making sure we don't starve month to month before thinking about buying a new house.