The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I can see why he did it as no one wants 2 proven goal scorers sitting on the bench. However I’m not convinced getting rid of all your width and pumping the ball long was the way to do it.

Shouldn't have dropped both Kai and Calum, if he felt the workrate was needed  having two strikers then drop Kai.

1 minute ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

And how many will you drop? 

I think we will drop too no doubt about that. I think we have a better squad than them now, but we seem to always start with the wrong starting 11 and have to chase the game. I don't think Airdrie are out of this yet either, especially if you can win on Saturday 

Just like every title race in history we will need the other to drop points to stand a chance.

If the fifers go to Airdrie and QOS, with Airdrie at home in there too, and take 9/9 points then I’ll begrudgingly say fair play - not much you can do about that, and it’ll be pretty much title done. Don’t think they will though. 

3 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Of course we are unfit slow and have a sh1te away record. I like your thinking

Don't agree with any of that, but a win draw and loss in your next three difficult games isn't too bad a return, however it still would mean dropping 5 points. We will drop quite a few too. You have the advantage of a decent cushion so we don't have the comfort of dropping as many points as you. I think we have a stronger squad now but seem to have to chase every game and your luck runs out at some point that way. It'd help if we started better and weren't chasing every game

8 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I think we will drop too no doubt about that. I think we have a better squad than them now, but we seem to always start with the wrong starting 11 and have to chase the game. I don't think Airdrie are out of this yet either, especially if you can win on Saturday 

A few big weeks coming up that could define things most certainly change things depending on how results go. 

Harsh to lose out to a 95th minute penalty, though going by the BBC stats a draw seemed a fair result. 

I want Falkirk to get promoted. You're a fairly big club by Scottish standards (comparable to St. Mirren, Motherwell, Dundee FC, etc). It's terrible that Cove and Queen's Park are in the Championship, as a result of spending money, whilst a club like yours is languishing in the third-tier.

31 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

It's terrible that Cove and Queen's Park are in the Championship, as a result of spending money, whilst a club like yours is languishing in the third-tier.

Aw fucking bollocks. Money talks, bullshit walks. Falkirk, like ourselves, are in this league because we are both horseshit and have been run like a circus. Falkirk absolutely deserve to be at this level, as do we. 

57 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

... a penalty we’d never have gotten at the other end...

That's the kicker about tonight's result. I've yet to see evidence of the old adage that it balances itself out but as we've had poor calls, which I think tonight's was, go against us and we've had nothing for obvious fouls.

P.S. 

Congratulations to the Railway end linesman who clearly won a match officials experience in a raffle as there was no other explanation for his being there. Useless!

49 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I think there's a fair chance we'll get 7 out of 9. We have the best away record in the league by far. Weirdly enough I think it's the home game v Airdrie that gives me the fear.

Our home form has been very good, with one obvious exception so it should be a cracking game on Saturday. 

That one exception is, we've only lost 3 games at home all season and they've all been mental results against Edinburgh. Proper bogey team for us. Just like we've been for Falkirk in recent years. Hoping we can continue that dominance in the coming weeks, as well as beat your lot twice. Would really shake things up at the top. 

However, as much as I'd love 9 points from the next 3 games, it's going to be very difficult. 

4 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Aw fucking bollocks. Money talks, bullshit walks. Falkirk, like ourselves, are in this league because we are both horseshit and have been run like a circus. Falkirk absolutely deserve to be at this level, as do we. 

I don't mind Queen's Park's success so much, because a lot of their money came from selling their ground. I also like their fabulous history - the oldest club, etc.

But when the likes of Kelty, Cove, Gretna, and probably Darvel in the future, buy their success thanks to the generosity of a sugar daddy, I resent that. I want to see the 3,500 fans, who don't go and watch the Old Firm but support their local club, to be rewarded for their support. But that's just my opinion, of course.

1 minute ago, G_&_T said:

I don't mind Queen's Park's success so much, because a lot of their money came from selling their ground. I also like their fabulous history - the oldest club, etc.

But when the likes of Kelty, Cove, Gretna, and probably Darvel in the future, buy their success thanks to the generosity of a sugar daddy, I resent that. I want to see the 3,500 fans, who don't go and watch the Old Firm but support their local club, to be rewarded for their support. But that's just my opinion, of course.

Hampden was subsidised by the rest of Scottish football for the best part of a century.

They should have just been given the keys to Lesser Hampden and told to get on with it.

Huge scunner tonight but I think we will turn them over fairly comfortably at TFS.

The first half experiment clearly didn’t work but we were pretty dominant once the changes were made.

Never been a huge fan of Morrison but he made a huge difference tonight, linked up very well with the excellent Rowe.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

7 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

Whilst I don't disagree regarding some of those clubs spending outwith their means in terms of what they bring in from crowds etc. The same could be said for Falkirk. They've clearly spent beyond what they can afford, chucked stupid money and contracts at diddy players and been left licking their wounds for it. And even now, struggling financially, then go out and sign players, even paying a transfer fee for Jordan Allan. Which is desparate and hilarious in itself by the way. 

But their board are being wreck less, trying to buy success with money they don't have and then asking fans to pay up to cover the shortfalls. That's equal to or worse than a sugar daddy, as at least they pay out themselves and don't rip off their own fans. 

1 minute ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Whilst I don't disagree regarding some of those clubs spending outwith their means in terms of what they bring in from crowds etc. The same could be said for Falkirk. They've clearly spent beyond what they can afford, chucked stupid money and contracts at diddy players and been left licking their wounds for it. And even now, struggling financially, then go out and sign players, even paying a transfer fee for Jordan Allan. Which is desparate and hilarious in itself by the way. 

But their board are being wreck less, trying to buy success with money they don't have and then asking fans to pay up to cover the shortfalls. That's equal to or worse than a sugar daddy, as at least they pay out themselves and don't rip off their own fans. 

Absolute nonsense 

3 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Sorry pal but that is absolute fucking slavers!