The Falkirk FC Thread

Huge chance missed for us to put pressure on Dunfermline but a draw’s probably a fair result over the 90.

First 60 minutes we were all at sea- no width, midfield posted missing with the strikers getting no service other than aimless long balls.

Burrell was really the only player offering anything. I thought Nesbitt offered very little (and has done the last few games tbh after a couple of outstanding performances). A couple of spills from PJ too.

Much better after the subs and change of formation. Burrell really should have scored  with a great chance. Couldn’t see whether the penalty was deserved.

You suspect Airdrie will need to do us a favour against the unwashed to keep the title race going.

That might not prove to be a disaster of a result. Away to a play off potential. If Dunfermline don't win away to Airdrie then it's pretty much as you were (or even a point closer). Disappointing we couldn't see it out but we have been riding our luck for a few games now. Unbeaten run continues 

Hopefully no overreactions tonight. We were never going to win every single game til the end of the season. 

Don’t think we’ve been particularly “good” in any of our last 4 games, but we’ve ground out 3 wins and a draw. I still think we really struggle to implement anywhere close to our A game away from home, but the change in formation tonight was a disaster and will be instantly binned. 

Onwards to Darvel, cup game then back at home (to alloa ffs), let’s get back to winning ways. 

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Huge chance missed for us to put pressure on Dunfermline but a draw’s probably a fair result over the 90.

First 60 minutes we were all at sea- no width, midfield posted missing with the strikers getting no service other than aimless long balls.

Burrell was really the only player offering anything. I thought Nesbitt offered very little (and has done the last few games tbh after a couple of outstanding performances). A couple of spills from PJ too.

Much better after the subs and change of formation. Burrell really should have scored  with a great chance. Couldn’t see whether the penalty was deserved.

You suspect Airdrie will need to do us a favour against the unwashed to keep the title race going.

Infuriating about Meekison. After a great 2/3 games he’s done absolutely nothing productive for weeks and would be straight out the starting 11 for him I think. Haste ye back Lawal 

4 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Hopefully no overreactions tonight. We were never going to win every single game til the end of the season. 

It feels like we do though given our poor form until December.

We go on our best run of form in 2 decades just to end up a grand total of 3 points closer to Dunfermline. 

Edited by latapythelegend

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

You would think if those running the club had an ounce of gumption over the various regimes they would have found out how much is required to buy the council out.

Looks like they haven't that's inexcusable

Council strapped for cash so a one-off payment would get serious consideration.

How the f**k would you know that you roaster ? 

Far too many changes for me, one possibly two max tonight would've been my thoughts on it.

We go again Monday probably revert back to previous 11 with maybe only Donaldson the only change, it's a marathon not a sprint

Just now, MrDust said:

Far too many changes for me, one possibly two max tonight would've been my thoughts on it.

We go again Monday probably revert back to previous 11 with maybe only Donaldson the only change, it's a marathon not a sprint

We just have to play 4-3-3 or 4-2–3-1 with Morrison and Kennedy shoe ins to play. 

Just now, PedroMoutinho said:

We will need to come close unfortunately if we have any aspirations of winning the title given we won less than half of games up until December.

Rubbish. The two games v them are pivotal. Win them both, and I think we can, it will be our title to lose. Points will be dropped by both sides. 

8 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I can see why he did it as no one wants 2 proven goal scorers sitting on the bench. However I’m not convinced getting rid of all your width and pumping the ball long was the way to do it.

You wonder whether dropping Nesbitt and putting Oliver in behind Burrell, while keeping Morrison and Kennedy wide would’ve been better.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

A point is a fair result IMO but that’s a kick in the balls so late on. Their number 2 could have been off for the multiple fouls on Morrison, especially the one down the back of his Achilles. 6 minutes stoppage time and a penalty we’d never have gotten at the other end. Shouldn’t have changed shape with only one training session used to work on it. 

Guest Ecosse83

Sore one but was always going to be a tough game tonight. Dust ourselves down and kick on again, still a hell of a lot of football to be played! 

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Not confident of that given they’ve only lost 1 league game all season but hope you are correct.

I can't see them winning 2 games from Airdrie home and away and QoS away. At best a win and draw. I think they'll lose at least 1 of these 3. QoS look fit and quick tonight under Bartley. Airdrie are playing well.