The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Latest episode of the Falkirk Daft podcast - Episode 29…Limbs! - is out NOW. Where we; 

🔵 Review the HUGE win over Kelty Hearts 
⚪️ Preview Alloa Ath (A) on Tues 🐝
🔵 Discuss the latest news from The Bairnabau 🏟️
⚪️ How to WIN 2 x Free tickets to Falkirk Football Club Speakers Night on 3rd March 
🔵 And we preview the BIG Scottish Cup tie in the company of @darvelfc manager @Mickkennedy1904 🏆

📱 Apple: apple.co/3PX3l02
🎧 Spotify: spoti.fi/3PCiXGJ
🖥️ Youtube: bit.ly/3b4R4YH

Thank you to this weeks sponsor - Falkirk Supporters Society 👏🏻

83648F22-0141-4629-8725-896ECEF72F68.thumb.jpeg.06db5bcec8a00f504c82fc5fc81eb33c.jpeg

Another excellent show gents, thanks.

Really good guests in Stuart Adam and Mick Kennedy.

As always Stuart Adam spoke brilliantly, I was really pleased to hear him address the massive elephant in the room, that is the relationship with the Council. IMO this doesn't get addressed enough by the club and is the biggest hindrance to progress. Hopefully this will be something that continues to be addressed more frequently. I genuinely believe we will get the opportunity to take back the stadium at some point in the future from the council, whether its by us negotiating bit by bit ownership or the council realising its a very saleable asset when they are cash strapped, either way it will happen at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later.

3 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

As always Stuart Adam spoke brilliantly, I was really pleased to hear him address the massive elephant in the room, that is the relationship with the Council. IMO this doesn't get addressed enough by the club and is the biggest hindrance to progress. Hopefully this will be something that continues to be addressed more frequently. I genuinely believe we will get the opportunity to take back the stadium at some point in the future from the council, whether its by us negotiating bit by bit ownership or the council realising its a very saleable asset when they are cash strapped, either way it will happen at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later.

TBF on the club they can’t, just as previous boards, come out and openly attack the council as they have to work with them. However Stuart was excellent in highlighting the issue. Maybe pressure from outside like this is the way ahead 

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

TBF on the club they can’t, just as previous boards, come out and openly attack the council as they have to work with them. However Stuart was excellent in highlighting the issue. Maybe pressure from outside like this is the way ahead 

Not suggesting for a minute the club should do anything other than work professionally with the council, as Stuart says working together to cut the club some slack providing a future win win. Good to see this being highlighted 

2 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Not suggesting for a minute the club should do anything other than work professionally with the council, as Stuart says working together to cut the club some slack providing a future win win. Good to see this being highlighted 

The council meanwhile carry on working unprofessionally with the club

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The council meanwhile carry on working unprofessionally with the club

What are they doing that is not professional? Do tell us? 

2 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Do the club know how much the council would sell the stadium and the surrounding land and infrastructure for example the car park?

Have they even asked?

If the board have any interest even in the far future to own the facility outright then the value has to ascertained.

I doubt the question has ever been asked.

24 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Do the club know how much the council would sell the stadium and the surrounding land and infrastructure for example the car park?

Have they even asked?

If the board have any interest even in the far future to own the facility outright then the value has to ascertained.

What a bellend you are.

29 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Have they even asked?

I doubt it's been asked either given that there's no possible way it would be affordable to us at the present time.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

What are they doing that is not professional? Do tell us? 

Not sure about now mate but they certainly screwed up any chance of the site being developed in the past which resulted in a number of developers walking away from attempts at deals. There couldve been so much more going on at the ground including completing the stadium if they hadnt continually blocked and held up progress on that front. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Have they even asked?

TFS is on the council’s books for £12m. No need to ask even if we haven’t 

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I doubt it's been asked either given that there's no possible way it would be affordable to us at the present time.

I would think that raising money to own the stadium wouldn’t be that difficult if the price was sensible. That I would think is where the issue is. 

58 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

The council are currently trying to stop paying out for leases that they have for facilities like Stenhousemuir Gym to save money so i doubt if they would want to sell the Stadium which presumably makes them money. They are more likely to want to use it more

Not sure it has ever made the council money? 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Not sure about now mate but they certainly screwed up any chance of the site being developed in the past which resulted in a number of developers walking away from attempts at deals. There couldve been so much more going on at the ground including completing the stadium if they hadnt continually blocked and held up progress on that front. 

Wasn’t aware of all that TBH. Not sure that falls into “unprofessional” way of operating that HSW was alluding to mind you. 

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Part of the problem when dealing with the Council is the fact that it is a transitory organisation.

You are (rightly) at the mercy of the electorate.

Overnight you could go from having a broadly sympathetic regime to one run by the Camelon twins of evil and their minions.

2 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

The council are currently trying to stop paying out for leases that they have for facilities like Stenhousemuir Gym to save money so i doubt if they would want to sell the Stadium which presumably makes them money. They are more likely to want to use it more

Yeah, their list is mainly older building where the cost of energy and upkeep are high. No chance they're looking to relinquish one of their newer buildings.