The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

It's oddly not a new thing. 

Whether it be our star-studded loanees of the past or players who've passed through our doors - with increasing regularity - I find myself calling out who's played for us in really random games.

Mark Howard the other week in Wrexham's FA cup game for instance.

Just trawled Higginbotham images on Google to get one of his crying face and there's a ton of players featured just related to him that have turned out for us.

We are massive!

Mark Howard is still playing?

Must be two decades ago he was a bairn 

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

One of the better Junior grounds.

It's a nice wee ground, I like the fact that bits of it have been built at different times, makes it look different to the usual modern grounds.

The view however is horrible. I was tucked in up at the back of the covered terracing near the Keltie end and couldn't see the bottom corner of the pitch in the first half due to a pillar, the dug out and Potter's big pink moaning head! Reminded me of the stand at Cowdenbeath in as much as it was like watching a game through a letter box! With about 15 minutes left I went behind the goals but near the covered terrace and couldn't see either of our goals properly from there either. Not that I'm complaining.

I thought we were poor throughout TBH, although the conditions played a big part in that I felt. I also think that Keltie would have had a better chance of taking something from the game if they had concentrated on playing football rather than diving (Austin being the main culprit) and trying to get in our player's faces to wind them up (guess who?!). Good poachers goal from Allan and a belter from Burrell (his first touch was sublime) to win it. We won ugly there and the players knew it as you could tell by their reaction at the end.

Does anybody know why Higginbotham was booked? Burrell was booked for celebrating with the fans, however, he was pushed into them by the weight of players behind meaning they were more culpable. They should all have been booked therefore. Higginbotham though is allowed to run past two sides of Falkirk fans giving it his usual fud fanny behaviour and that seems to be ok?

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

It's a nice wee ground, I like the fact that bits of it have been built at different times, makes it look different to the usual modern grounds.

The view however is horrible. I was tucked in up at the back of the covered terracing near the Keltie end and couldn't see the bottom corner of the pitch in the first half due to a pillar, the dug out and Potter's big pink moaning head! Reminded me of the stand at Cowdenbeath in as much as it was like watching a game through a letter box! With about 15 minutes left I went behind the goals but near the covered terrace and couldn't see either of our goals properly from there either. Not that I'm complaining.

I thought we were poor throughout TBH, although the conditions played a big part in that I felt. I also think that Keltie would have had a better chance of taking something from the game if they had concentrated on playing football rather than diving (Austin being the main culprit) and trying to get in our player's faces to wind them up (guess who?!). Good poachers goal from Allan and a belter from Burrell (his first touch was sublime) to win it. We won ugly there and the players knew it as you could tell by their reaction at the end.

Does anybody know why Higginbotham was booked? Burrell was booked for celebrating with the fans, however, he was pushed into them by the weight of players behind meaning they were more culpable. They should all have been booked therefore. Higginbotham though is allowed to run past two sides of Falkirk fans giving it his usual fud fanny behaviour and that seems to be ok?

I don’t get why Higginbotham behaves how he does. I can’t ever remember there being issues when he left us and he was on the whole well liked when he played with us. He has generated the bad feeling towards him now with his dickhead antics.

Tbh, the inconsistency and downright incompetence of the officials at this level means that their screwball decisions are going to crop up here there and everywhere.

I can’t remember if Higgy left the field to taunt the Falkirk support, or was just trying to dish it out from a distance. I can only imagine a player being seen to leave the pitch to celebrate, that’s a “safe” yellow card for the ref to give.

I suppose we should just be thankful that he didn’t buy any of the ludicrous diving that Kelty seem to have adopted as a tactical game plan.

I see we have taken the most points from a losing position in the league so far. Credit to the players and management team for emptying our previous bottle merchants, they would never have had us at the top of that chart.

4D5AE985-32FB-456F-B7D3-721AC13BD9DA.png

Edited by Harry Kinnear

39 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

In Potter’s interview he claimed it was a stonewall PK in the first half. GIRUY

Can't wait until one of those is awarded against him and he's greetin' about how it's never a PK! 

Ageyman would give Tom Daley a run for his money with form like that.

Having two adaptable & highly competent full backs is a major factor in grinding out results like yesterday. They both put in a tremendous shift before & especially after Kennedy and Morrison went off.

All that was missing was one of them running over to Potters dugout, whipping off their top to reveal Andy Lawrie's face on a t-shirt.

f**k you, Potter.

5 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Don't take it personally. Higgy is just one of these fannies that would start a fight with his ane shadow 

How does he act when playing against you? Seems a bit weird that he's that way with us considering we were the ones that gave him the platform to get his move to Huddersfield which, presumably, has been his only decent payday from football?

15 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'd need to watch it again but I thought Agyeman kicked his standing foot and that's what brought him down.

In person I thought it looked a penalty and the Kelty highlights you could see why you'd maybe think so from that side but from the other side of the pitch with the FTV highlights it actually looks like no one was even touching him and he does a wee leap into the air after kicking the ground. Either way think statistically a decision had to go our way sometime right? 

25 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Don't take it personally. Higgy is just one of these fannies that would start a fight with his ane shadow 

22 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

How does he act when playing against you? Seems a bit weird that he's that way with us considering we were the ones that gave him the platform to get his move to Huddersfield which, presumably, has been his only decent payday from football?

Was just going to ask that - perhaps @Kelheartcan say if KH is as fit to blow his stack every week or if it's just us.

19 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Was just going to ask that - perhaps @Kelheartcan say if KH is as fit to blow his stack every week or if it's just us.

I'd be amazed if he was the same absolutely raging mess against any other side tbh. Or anything close to it.

I've never been able to work out what his problem is. My (vague) recollection of his time at Falkirk is that he was signed by Pressley, was generally pish in his first season, had a very good first half of the following season, culminating in his performance against Celtic in the League Cup s/f at Hampden which earned him a move to Huddersfield Town and no doubt a significant pay hike. Not much to be pissed off about there. Maybe I'm missing something. 

Basically, guy's an idiot.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I wasn’t at both away Kelty fixtures but he seemed “up for it” against us in the home fixture and looked a bit of a threat. He blows hot and cold, some days he was outstanding, more often than not he was guff. I think due to the fact he joined us means he feels like there’s more hatred between Falkirk and him. He didn’t get much of a reception at East End, our fans weren’t really arsed when he left.

Will never forget playing against Ayr at home, less than 10 to go and we get a penalty to win the game, he takes and the keeper saves. Bit of madness in the box directly after and somehow we get a second late penalty, Higgy steps up again wrestling the ball from Rhys McCabe who was fairly solid with set pieces, this time fully expecting him to slot it away nicely and make amends, he tries a fucking chip/panenka, keeper saves again, we draw the game. 

Edited by The Toun Clock