The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Agyeman isn't it?

Hilarious dive I agree. 

Beg your pardon yes it is, got mixed up when the commentator said Austin.

Now that I see it again it sort of looks like he kicks the ground by accident but turns it into a dive.

13 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Ref was fine yesterday. Never a penalty in that game. Booked 3 or 4 of their gonks for chirping. 

All the officials were what we've come to expect to be honest.

Not surprised the lino's missed Higginbotham's headbutt, holding of players at the touchline and Austin's forearm smash yet thought Tidser kicking Hendo's foot was a foul against Hendo. 

Wouldn't have been a surprise if they gave a PK for Ageymans dive. It actually looks worse on the highlights as he clearly belly flops after his miss control. 

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

When he starts matches he has to play as he plays when he comes on and how he did at EEP. Too often he hasn’t when he has started. If he does play like that there is not doubt he should be starting 

Agree if Burrell gets the nod to start, he’ll need to hit the ground running. There’s no question he’s on hot form just now. His downfall would be if he delivered a performance, like away to Montrose (1-1), when he assisted their goal and never looked at the races. Probably his lowest moment in a Falkirk shirt and hoping it won’t return to that. 

Another take on the Burrell starting could look at, we know teams are going to try and bully us i.e. Montrose and Kelly and we seem to have learned from that now but still puts in they will try the same tactics but the longer Burrell is on the more chance he has of being marked and injured and agree with the  Oliver as a workhorse to bring others into play and knacker the opposition out and Burrell as impact to kill them off, do you then risk injuring the player and a term on the sideline when his goals have been crucial by playing him from the start or use as an impact sub to kill teams off.  Its a tough call but agree he does deserve to start but at least we have a bit of depth in the squad now.

11 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Aside from the usual suspects, Robbie Leitch giving it wide when Kelty scored too:lol:One of the most nothing players I’ve ever seen in a Falkirk strip, get it up him too.

I don't know if it's to do with the high squad turnover levels we've had in the past few years but every team we play at the moment seems to be made up of 50% ex Falkirk players

14 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Aside from the usual suspects, Robbie Leitch giving it wide when Kelty scored too:lol:One of the most nothing players I’ve ever seen in a Falkirk strip, get it up him too.

He’ll be bouncing about in the lowland league once his cove contract is up imo. 

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

I don't know if it's to do with the high squad turnover levels we've had in the past few years but every team we play at the moment seems to be made up of 50% ex Falkirk players

And they all play like Galacticos?

Hi Gary Deans, hiya pal 👋😀

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Kelty highlights up now without the rain soaked camera. The commentator (Scum fan) sounds like he wets his breeks when Higginbotham scores 

BBC reporting that Burrell got booked for excessive celebrations, he’s probably the least animated player on the pitch after the goal

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

It's oddly not a new thing. 

Whether it be our star-studded loanees of the past or players who've passed through our doors - with increasing regularity - I find myself calling out who's played for us in really random games.

Mark Howard the other week in Wrexham's FA cup game for instance.

Just trawled Higginbotham images on Google to get one of his crying face and there's a ton of players featured just related to him that have turned out for us.

We are massive!

Edited by Blame Me