The Falkirk FC Thread

Some really good posts on Burrell starting. I’m probably in the yes camp, as I believe he could do some early damage with his really good strike ratio. We should find out in the next couple of games whether M&S change a five win team, for me McGlynn will keep the same starting eleven and can’t see dropping Oliver. Thought Oliver & Nesbitt were poor yesterday. 

10 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

At the end of last season we had amassed the grand total of 44 points. Today after 22 games we have matched it. Improving greatly

I remember some not so long ago (November) saying there has been very little improvement. 

8 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

In my view Burrell is a great prospect who we should be looking to hold on to. Only just turned 22 so he will improve too.

I suspect he will want to be starting matches in order to agree a contract extension.

When he starts matches he has to play as he plays when he comes on and how he did at EEP. Too often he hasn’t when he has started. If he does play like that there is not doubt he should be starting 

45 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

When he starts matches he has to play as he plays when he comes on and how he did at EEP. Too often he hasn’t when he has started. If he does play like that there is not doubt he should be starting 

Once Alegria had left the club one argument against Burrell starting was that if he wasn't performing the only "striker" ready to come on to replace him was Gary Oliver. Now, if Rumarn is misfiring, we can bring on Allan or Wright. He's earned his place in the starting lineup in my books.

5 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Once Alegria had left the club one argument against Burrell starting was that if he wasn't performing the only "striker" ready to come on to replace him was Gary Oliver. Now, if Rumarn is misfiring, we can bring on Allan or Wright. He's earned his place in the starting lineup in my books.

Don’t disagree but he has to perform now as he does when he comes on. 

That first touch from Burrell for his goal is absolutely filthy. I'm firmly in the keep bringing him on with 30 minutes to go camp, it's very harsh on him considering how well he's doing but he doesn't look as lively when he starts games and he's not suited as a lone striker. When he does start games because of the running he does he never looks like making it past the 60th minute. What can't continue to happen though is Gary Oliver upfront, get Jordan Allan up there pronto.

PJ Morrison proving himself to be the cat we all knew he was is stupendous too.

Edited by FFC 1876

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

That first touch from Burrell for his goal is absolutely filthy. I'm firmly in the keep bringing him on with 30 minutes to go camp, it's very harsh on him considering how we'll he's doing but he doesn't look as lively when he starts games and he's not suited as a lone striker. When he does start games because of the running he does he never looks like making it past the 60th minute. What can't continue to happen though is Gary Oliver upfront, get Jordan Allan up there pronto.

PJ Morrison proving himself to be the cat we all knew he was is stupendous too.

The touch was sublime 

6 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Lewis: "Talk us through the goal"

He could have said:

"Well, I could see that Rumarn was going to get on the end of Aidan's cross so in anticipation of that I took half a step away from the Kelty defender which gave me enough space so that when the ball came through to me I was able to get in a glancing header to direct it away from the keeper".

He actually said:

"No got a clue!'

I love him already!

It jist hut meh!

9 hours ago, bairn88 said:

So weird as well. He was basically loved during his time here. Not many fans had a bad word to say about him. Why’s he a proper mutant now? 😂😂

He never said boo to a goose when he was with us either. The further his career has gone off course the angrier he seems to have become.

50 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Kelty highlights up now without the rain soaked camera. The commentator (Scum fan) sounds like he wets his breeks when Higginbotham scores 

"Surley a penalty" at that dive by Austin. 🤣

10 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Absolute #scenes at the end there. Higginbotham and Aggeyman can both thank their lucky stars the ref was weak as piss yesterday, how either of them avoided picking up a second yellow I'll never know 

Standard of refereeing is appalling, a very decent shout for two penalties which miraculously just waved on.