The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Agreed, today especially the “winning team” was the team that finished. The started 11 was losing, so by the logic of never change a winning team it should be the one we finished with today that plays on Tuesday. Doubt it’ll happen though but who am I to judge when whatever McGlynn is doing is obviously working. 5 league games and 6 in total is immense. 

Look at the goals per 90 mins ratio of Burrell v Oliver. In fact, compare it with our top scorer Morrison.

Why don’t you pick a striker that’s scoring rate is more that three times higher than your first choice striker?

It’s not rocket science……

5A8709DF-FD46-4E2A-933C-C5A77A7E29D3.png

B43FDC2E-295E-4407-9E11-B15C3552D2E7.png

Edited by roman_bairn

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Look at the goals per 90 mins ratio of Burrell v Oliver. In fact, compare it with our top scorer Morrison.

Why don’t you pick a striker that’s scoring rate is more that three times higher than your first choice striker?

It’s not rocket science……

5A8709DF-FD46-4E2A-933C-C5A77A7E29D3.png

B43FDC2E-295E-4407-9E11-B15C3552D2E7.png

Feels like Burrell excels at coming off the bench to change games, he will start some aswell, but i can see why mcglynns got him in this role 

5 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Feels like Burrell excels at coming off the bench to change games, he will start some aswell, but i can see why mcglynns got him in this role 

Possibly, but if you think relying on Oliver up front and chasing the game after going behind against Dunfermline in the next few weeks is the right answer I think you’ll be disappointed……

13 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Also by the time Burrell comes on, opposition defenders are nowhere as near fresh as he is. Knackering the opposition defence before throwing on an in-form striker. It’s a risk as it might not always pay off, but has up til now. 

Edited by GunnerBairn

5 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Think the idea is to make the opposition knackered then hit them with a fast strong scorer  Appears to work

Can see that definitely works for Burrel but don't think it can justify Oliver starting when we can have Allan starting with Burrel coming on with the pace in the last 30. Also Wright looked good today as well to be fair and is a third option

If we only had Oliver I'd be demanding Burrell start. But we also have Jordan Allan now, who seems to be similar to John Baird - Works hard and has a knack of being in the right place at the right time to stick the ball in the net. Let him pull the opposition defenders all over the place and then unleash Burrell on them after the hour mark.

Burrell's goals per minute ratio is very impressive and he's certainly earned a start. 7 goals in the league now and he's only started 9 matches. Burrell and Allan up front together might cause some serious damage 

22 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

If we only had Oliver I'd be demanding Burrell start. But we also have Jordan Allan now, who seems to be similar to John Baird - Works hard and has a knack of being in the right place at the right time to stick the ball in the net. Let him pull the opposition defenders all over the place and then unleash Burrell on them after the hour mark.

Burrell's goals per minute ratio is very impressive and he's certainly earned a start. 7 goals in the league now and he's only started 9 matches. Burrell and Allan up front together might cause some serious damage 

Agree Allan and Burrell could cause damage if played together. We ended up something like a 4-3-3, with Wright up alongside them. The pitch kind of forced McGlynn’s hand in changing formation, but if Allan and Burrell did start together, who else would we drop along with Oliver? A good headache for McGlynn and I’m glad it’s not my decision to make. 

Just now, GunnerBairn said:

Agree Allan and Burrell could cause damage if played together. We ended up something like a 4-3-3, with Wright up alongside them. The pitch kind of forced McGlynn’s hand in changing formation, but if Allan and Burrell did start together, who else would we drop along with Oliver? A good headache for McGlynn and I’m glad it’s not my decision to make. 

424 with Morrison and Kennedy wide imo. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBairn said:

Agreed on Higgy. I bet he wished he never ran up to the Falkirk fans so smug after he scored.  Loved the chant at 90 mins “Higgy Higgy what’s the score?” 🖕😂

So weird as well. He was basically loved during his time here. Not many fans had a bad word to say about him. Why’s he a proper mutant now? 😂😂

Lewis: "Talk us through the goal"

He could have said:

"Well, I could see that Rumarn was going to get on the end of Aidan's cross so in anticipation of that I took half a step away from the Kelty defender which gave me enough space so that when the ball came through to me I was able to get in a glancing header to direct it away from the keeper".

He actually said:

"No got a clue!'

I love him already!