The Falkirk FC Thread

On 29/01/2023 at 00:04, PedroMoutinho said:

Another solid performance and good win, particularly given the Dunfermline result. Sadly another very poor refereeing performance.

Mckay, Morrison and Kennedy best for us. I felt the subs unsettled us a bit towards the end.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Burrell looking for a move over the next few days as he won’t be content being fourth choice striker in a one upfront formation.

You feel a natural wide option might’ve been a better loan move than Wright.

On 31/01/2023 at 17:21, HopeStreetWalker said:

That situation is not sustainable and should be a one-off.

Scrambling around mid-season to get cash to keep trading indicates the boards financial projections were way out.

The economic outlook is grim for everybody with declining disposable income and sadly going to the football is one of the things that people have to give up if it means food on the table. 

Next year's budget must be cautious and more realistic the future of the club depends on it. Then if there is a surplus of funds mid-season then the manager can wheel and deal. 

On 31/01/2023 at 21:48, Zbairn said:

Possibly.

To have a CEO on around (rumoured) £50k for a club our size and turnover is perhaps a wee bit excessive.

I think we depend on many volunteers but I'm not convinced that the full time admin staff  we have are possibly as efficient as they could be. We have 2 in retail and ticketing. Our ticketing system is now pretty much automated and we have passed a bit of our shop sales over to Greaves (another potential loss of cash given over to someone else that I wouldnt have, if I'm being honest). I'm not sure what else they do during the week. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

According to the website we also have 5 in operation, plus 2 in Commercial (who we really need !!! )

It's only one facet of where we should maybe look at cost savings !

15 hours ago, RC_Bairn said:

Might have been better not to have outsourced it in the first place?

47 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

It wouldn’t be a problem if just occasionally some posters were glass half full instead of all the negativity about the club.

We are in the middle of a good run , we are closing the gap on Dunfermline, yet some still want to find fault at the drop of a hat.

It’s very tedious and these individuals come across as if they have an agenda and very bitter?

I wonder sometimes if they really are Falkirk fans.

Right, I have just gone back over the last 25 pages or 500 posts and these 4 are the ones that I perceive as being "negative". Less than 1% of the posts.

@grumpyoldman and @Brockvillenomore, maybe you guys are just being a bit over sensitive and always looking for negative posts and maybe seeing some when there are none?

4 hours ago, Rugster said:

Or maybe it was outsourced temporarily whilst they were focusing on other things, or assessing options? It’s not necessarily a failure. 

This to myself and probably most  level headed supporters this seems the obvious reason despite seemingly some “fans” wanting to constantly dig for any negative they can find (regardless how small it may be) whilst ignoring/never mentioning the multiple green shoots of recovery and positives that are now coming out from the club, they only ever seem to pop up when they can find something negative to say. Couple of posters on here have now become pretty transparent in that regard and it might be better to simply ignore any obvious bitterness and shit stirring on here from now on unless it’s in some way constructive. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 hours ago, grumpyoldman said:

It wouldn’t be a problem if just occasionally some posters were glass half full instead of all the negativity about the club.

We are in the middle of a good run , we are closing the gap on Dunfermline, yet some still want to find fault at the drop of a hat.

It’s very tedious and these individuals come across as if they have an agenda and very bitter?

I wonder sometimes if they really are Falkirk fans.

Mate, I would have thought you knew by now that the number one trait of all Falkirk fans is negativity?

After all it’s even in your name 😀

2 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Anyone watching on Falkirk Tv today? If so is the stream quality okay?

Was meant to be there myself but been bed-ridden with the flu lately

It is not broadcasting yet mate, usually about 15 minutes before KO.

40 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

This to myself and probably most  level headed supporters this seems the obvious reason despite seemingly some “fans” wanting to constantly dig for any negative they can find (regardless how small it may be) whilst ignoring/never mentioning the multiple green shoots of recovery and positives that are now coming out from the club, they only ever seem to pop up when they can find something negative to say. Couple of posters on here have now become pretty transparent in that regard and it might be better to simply ignore any obvious bitterness and shit stirring on here from now on unless it’s in some way constructive. 

The most predictable red dot ever.

Dreadful goal to give away to match our performance. Mackie has been awful , I’d drop him asap for Donaldson no matter what foot he plays with. Mackie helping the ball across our goal for that rat to score. Whilst it’s not causing us to lose, this referee is awful. Again. Clear head knock and he played on. McKay could have been knocked out or anything.

2 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Dreadful goal to give away to match our performance. Mackie has been awful , I’d drop him asap for Donaldson no matter what foot he plays with. Mackie helping the ball across our goal for that rat to score. Whilst it’s not causing us to lose, this referee is awful. Again. Clear head knock and he played on. McKay could have been knocked out or anything.

Yeah, crossing the line from incompetence into dangerous there.