The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Any idea why the Dunfermline game hasn’t been announced yet? I maybe thought we were waiting to see if we progressed in the cup, as if we didn’t we may have a free weekend on 11 March - but I see Montrose away in the league is already pencilled in on that day, so it can’t be that. Surely a Tuesday night should’ve been announced by now? 

They don't have to offer refunds until the re-arranged game is announced. Filthy hoors trying to hold onto the NBP as long as they can.

9 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I see that’s the finance operation being brought back in house. Outsourcing it didn't last long.

I thought the financial outsourcing was seen as an efficient and money saving operation?

I take it that either that isn’t the case, or that something has significantly changed in the T&Cs. I am sure DPB had recently said outsourcing was a money saver.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s likely that PayPal will take a fee mate. The size of fee is variable depending on the volume and value of PayPal payments that FSS receive each month.

Miles bigger that SO whatever the transaction size 

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I see that’s the finance operation being brought back in house. Outsourcing it didn't last long.

Good. Clearly a cost saving to do so. 

4 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Any idea why the Dunfermline game hasn’t been announced yet? I maybe thought we were waiting to see if we progressed in the cup, as if we didn’t we may have a free weekend on 11 March - but I see Montrose away in the league is already pencilled in on that day, so it can’t be that. Surely a Tuesday night should’ve been announced by now? 

Dunfermline will want a Saturday game if possible. It's their biggest crowd of the season so it's understandable Falkirk would do the same.

38 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Dunfermline will want a Saturday game if possible. It's their biggest crowd of the season so it's understandable Falkirk would do the same.

No free Saturdays left though so it’s a bit odd they haven’t agreed a date yet. All remaining cup weekends after this Darvel round have a league fixture scheduled. 

Listened/watched Falkirk Daft this week yet? If not, grab a beer (or 3) as we… 

🔵 Preview Kelty Hearts (Away) 🤎
⚪️ Review the win over FC Edinburgh with Father & Son Bairns fans 🏰
🔵 Discuss the best ever mid season signings including the famous Brockville interview with Mo Johnston👇🏼 (Video shared on our social media)
⚪️ Latest rumours & news from The Bairnabau 🏟️
🔵 And much more including the Falkirk Supporters Society monthly draw 🎟️

🍎 Apple: apple.co/3PX3l02
🎧 Spotify: spoti.fi/3PCiXGJ
🖥️ Youtube: bit.ly/3b4R4YH

7 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

i need to change my bank as they are closing and i had my FSS coming out of that through paypal.

i remember folk saying its better to pay it through a standing order but not sure where to start. should i just start as a new member or can i keep my old membership going?

also if i wanted to up it a little does it have to be a  rise of a certain amount or can it be any amount over the minimum. 

Will DM you. Can sign up by PayPal or SO. 

5 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Think the SPFL usually try and avoid rearranging games in January and February unless there is a free Saturday, so it might be March before it's played. Doesn't stop anything being announced of course.

Just a wee aside. My cousin works in Newcastle and played in an inter office football tournament one of the opponents was John Gallacher who briefly was brilliant for Falkirk in Jim Duffy's team in 89 before going to Newcastle before injury finished him . My cousin said he was the best player there by some distance.

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

That’s me just cancelled my PayPal payment and set up an SO. Really easy to do and if PayPal are charging FSS I would encourage others to do likewise.

Do not use PayPal for that exact reason.

Depending on the contract it can be from 1 - 5% extortionate considering it's an automatic process.

Company I worked for told them to take a hike when they upped the charge with a 'you have no choice attitude' to be told - yes we do, f**k off

10 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Do not use PayPal for that exact reason.

Depending on the contract it can be from 1 - 5% extortionate considering it's an automatic process.

Company I worked for told them to take a hike when they upped the charge with a 'you have no choice attitude' to be told - yes we do, f**k off

I didn’t even realise they charged FSS for their services. If I did I would have went down the SO route from the start.