The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

Darvel are obviously favourites just now, and rightly so. This has humiliation for Falkirk written all over it. However, best of luck.

This makes zero sense. Why would getting beat off a team that are favourites be humiliating? You need to pick one or the other and try again. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
2 hours ago, Roboccop said:

Because they are elected directly by FSS members in separate elections as per the FSS constitution. 

That’s my concern. They are not voted on by all the shareholders, have no protection and are essentially there at the whim of this and future boards. 

The FSS constitution has nothing to do with the Club. I’m sure the clubs articles don’t even mention the FSS as they were only formed after the articles were changed. 

22 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

That’s my concern. They are not voted on by all the shareholders, have no protection and are essentially there at the whim of this and future boards. 

The FSS constitution has nothing to do with the Club. I’m sure the clubs articles don’t even mention the FSS as they were only formed after the articles were changed. 

Are you suggesting the FSS shouldn’t have 2 directors on the board? 

Guest Brockvillenomore
9 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Not sure how or why it could be read that way.

If what we understand is correct they are essentially appointed by the board, not the shareholders. So, what the board can give they can also take away. Maybe not this board, but what about future boards? What if the club is sold and the new board decide to vote off the FSS directors? They would have no protection as they aren't appointed by the shareholders. I don't think this is right. 

25 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

I read it as the exact opposite and he was concerned about ensuring FSS directors have a place on the board going forward. 

15 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

If what we understand is correct they are essentially appointed by the board, not the shareholders. So, what the board can give they can also take away. Maybe not this board, but what about future boards? What if the club is sold and the new board decide to vote off the FSS directors? They would have no protection as they aren't appointed by the shareholders. I don't think this is right. 

Sorry was just trying to understand your point. 

Don’t know how the constitution works and  if voting in directors at the AGM prevents future boards from voting them off. Guess the best protection the FSS can have is to continue building up the shareholding so they have more of a say within the club. 

2 hours ago, Brockvillenomore said:

A 10% shareholding guarantees a seat on the BOD, the FSS must already have that or must be near to it. The final shareholding/target which is now in sight will be 26% so the FSS will never have an issue keeping at least two board seats in that instance regardless of who makes up the rest of the BOD or owns the rest of the shares. Although I agree it does seem strange the FSS guys aren’t being formally voted on in the same manner as the rest of the directors. 

•  
Edited by LatapyBairn.

19 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Sorry was just trying to understand your point. 

Don’t know how the constitution works and  if voting in directors at the AGM prevents future boards from voting them off. Guess the best protection the FSS can have is to continue building up the shareholding so they have more of a say within the club. 

I noticed that the two Patron representatives are to be formally appointed at the AGM but not the FSS guys. I thought that strange. If I get to the AGM I am going to ask why. Not doubt there will be a particular reason. 

4 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

A 10% shareholding guarantees a seat on the BOD, the FSS must already have that or be near to it. The final shareholding/target which is now in sight will be 26% so the FSS will never have an issue keeping at least two board seats in that instance regardless of who makes up the rest of the BOD or owns the rest of the shares. Although I agree it does seem strange the FSS directors aren’t being formally voted on in the same manner as the rest of the directors. 

•  

Gordon Wright isn’t being voted on either. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
7 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Gordon Wright isn’t being voted on either. 

That's true, I'm pretty sure he was 'approved' at the AGM two years ago and will have a year to run. 

4 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

That's true, I'm pretty sure he was 'approved' at the AGM two years ago and will have a year to run. 

Were Keith and Kenny not approved at the last AGM for 2 years? 

Guest Brockvillenomore
20 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

A 10% shareholding guarantees a seat on the BOD, the FSS must already have that or be near to it. The final shareholding/target which is now in sight will be 26% so the FSS will never have an issue keeping at least two board seats in that instance regardless of who makes up the rest of the BOD or owns the rest of the shares. Although I agree it does seem strange the FSS guys aren’t being formally voted on in the same manner as the rest of the directors. 

•  

I'm not sure the seat per 10% racks up to two with 20%, worth asking at the AGM

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 minute ago, Van_damage said:

I'm sure the papers were out before the mass resignations last year.

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

They joined the board about a week before the AGM so we’re 100% not approved last AGM.