The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I am slightly surprised that Dundee recalling Fisher didn’t prompt him to sign another defender mind you.

I think he does want to, however we're a bit surprised it hasn't been resolved by now. There was talk from our assistant manager pot match against Thistle that Fisher could be coming back to us, however one of Dundee's centre half's broke their leg, Fisher stepped in last weekend against Queens Park and played the full 90 and kept a clean sheet so I'd say that's now curtains.

McPake said he'd identified targets for now who were still signed up at other clubs. He would try and get them now on permanent deals, agreeing a fee with said clubs and if that didn't happen would try and get them in on loan so I expect we'll see a new face or two before the month is out. Obviously being five clear and only one defeat all season is great, however we know fine well that a five point lead is nothing, especially when you're our nearest rival in the table and we both still have to play for six points. We'll drop more points before May, so will you so it's very interesting. 

9 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I think he does want to, however we're a bit surprised it hasn't been resolved by now. There was talk from our assistant manager pot match against Thistle that Fisher could be coming back to us, however one of Dundee's centre half's broke their leg, Fisher stepped in last weekend against Queens Park and played the full 90 and kept a clean sheet so I'd say that's now curtains.

McPake said he'd identified targets for now who were still signed up at other clubs. He would try and get them now on permanent deals, agreeing a fee with said clubs and if that didn't happen would try and get them in on loan so I expect we'll see a new face or two before the month is out. Obviously being five clear and only one defeat all season is great, however we know fine well that a five point lead is nothing, especially when you're our nearest rival in the table and we both still have to play for six points. We'll drop more points before May, so will you so it's very interesting. 

This is true.

We were 9 points ahead of Partick and finished fifth.

Unfortunately your team are a bit better than the wage thieves and imposters that disgraced the jerseys that year.

25 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Obviously being five clear and only one defeat all season is great, however we know fine well that a five point lead is nothing, especially when you're our nearest rival in the table and we both still have to play for six points. We'll drop more points before May, so will you so it's very interesting. 

To me, this is what makes this transfer window fascinating. You stuck, and we twisted. Time will tell which approach works out but, for me, I'm just looking forward to the next few months of seeing how this championship goes.

15 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Blows my mind every time 😆

I think if you look back this thread though, maybe not at the 9 point mark, but shortly thereafter, the collective wisdom of the fans could see it coming. I certainly remember a lot of "we are only 1 bad result away from shiting it" type comments

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Darvel are obviously favourites just now, and rightly so. This has humiliation for Falkirk written all over it. However, best of luck.

4 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Darvel probably be about 4 or 5/1.

Speaking of 4/1 you can currently get us at that price to win the league on B365 who are paying 1/4 E/W two places.. So basically if we finish 2nd then you get your money back no harm done.

Cant see any official odds for the game yet but if outright Scottish cup win is anything to go off of then we're huge favourites. 80/1 compared to Darvel's 1000/1

3 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Cant see any official odds for the game yet but if outright Scottish cup win is anything to go off of then we're huge favourites. 80/1 compared to Darvel's 1000/1

Nothing been posted for the game yet aye but Darvel kicked off at 6/1 against Montrose and 11/1 against Aberdeen

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

This is true.

We were 9 points ahead of Partick and finished fifth.

Unfortunately your team are a bit better than the wage thieves and imposters that disgraced the jerseys that year.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

To me, this is what makes this transfer window fascinating. You stuck, and we twisted. Time will tell which approach works out but, for me, I'm just looking forward to the next few months of seeing how this championship goes.

We have the capability to grind out results which is obviously a good thing and has worked, however the concern lies at the offensive end of the pitch. I just think as we enter the real business end of the season, every point becomes a prisoner, teams will know that going places like EEP and TFS are a free hit, get anything and it's a bonus so we'll see teams come in and sit in deep, try and nick something. We've had teams come to EEP all season and sit in and it'll only become tighter but exciting none the less.

Our February is tricky but after that our run in isn't bad. Glad to have the likes of Queens, Kelty and Edinburgh at home. 

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

That sucks. Feel very sorry for him too, barely on the park and gets that as an injury.