The Falkirk FC Thread

23 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Yogi hooring himself up for the Aberdeen job on sportsound. Even voluntarily mentioned he spent £50k on John Stewart. Some laugh eh 

When he first started yapping it was ok but then went quite cringe worthy, trying to say he only paid money for Stokes to Hibs, John Stewart, Alan Gow and Dean Holden, no mention of fucking wads of cash in wages to the likes of O'Brien, Lovell, etc. Openly hawked himself for the Aberdeen job, just surprised he never mentioned the "fundamentals" and creamed his pants about Aiden McGeady.

The last thing we need is Lafferty. We tried a similar experiment last year with Griffiths and all it did was drain cash out of the club for no reward.

We don't want to be seen a a club where former old firm players com for one final pay day before retiring.

Guest Brockvillenomore

Received my AGM papers yesterday. Has anybody got an idea why the two FSS directors aren’t standing for shareholder approval?
Surely this means they can be removed by any board in future if their place is held without the endorsement of all the shareholders. 

Edited by Brockvillenomore

Our Friend across the Forth @Salvo Montalbano recently extended us an invitation to visit the Dunfermline thread so today I took him up on his kind offer. Just this morning he has posted that apparently Dunfermline are the only side in the entire SPFL who haven't made a signing in the January window.

Pleasing.

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Our Friend across the Forth @Salvo Montalbano recently extended us an invitation to visit the Dunfermline thread so today I took him up on his kind offer. Just this morning he has posted that apparently Dunfermline are the only side in the entire SPFL who haven't made a signing in the January window.

Pleasing.

Must be a bit of a concern. Were they not expecting a few in due to mcpake not supposedly spending all his money in the summer.

Loans still to come for another month though. Too early to count chickens re them looking to see out the season with what they have. 

That said, bean counters often aren't keen to throw money at a position you should be winning it from. McPake has maybe been told to wrap it up with what he has. 

25 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Pleasing.

Playing devils advocate here, they are currently 5 points clear having only lost 1 game all season so it’s obvious that McPake thinks he has enough in his squad to win the league without adding to it.

I am slightly surprised that Dundee recalling Fisher didn’t prompt him to sign another defender mind you.

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Playing devils advocate here, they are currently 5 points clear having only lost 1 game all season so it’s obvious that McPake thinks he has enough in his squad to win the league without adding to it.

I am slightly surprised that Dundee recalling Fisher didn’t prompt him to sign another defender mind you.

Perhaps just waiting to see what the state of affairs is with loan availability after the window shut.

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Sure, but even the strongest of teams should always be looking to strengthen their squads. Just look at the Green Bigot Brother this window, miles ahead of everybody else but signing new players and looking to improve.

6 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Sure, but even the strongest of teams should always be looking to strengthen their squads. Just look at the Green Bigot Brother this window, miles ahead of everybody else but signing new players and looking to improve.

It's definitely odd to suggest they couldn't find anyone better and do a deal for them throughout January.

Whilst they're top it's all academical but should they slip (here's hoping) it's going to seem like a terrible view to have taken. 

Goes without saying I'm glad they've not strengthened.

12 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I’m not saying I agree with that approach, I said I think that’s the approach that McPake has chosen to taken.

The Green Bigot Brothers could have signed me and Shodwell in the transfer window and play us both every week and would still win the league as the other teams are so far behind them.