The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

It really is a strange move to publicly reveal you have signed a pre contract with a league rival pre the window closing. 

McGlynn at times in interview gave the impression he really didn't know wtf was going on with Williamson at least now he will 😃

I also found it a bit strange that not only did we announce the pre contract of Williamson today but also made quite a big deal of announcing that our young goalkeeper who has been around the first team for a couple of years now has signed a new contract.

I wouldn’t like to suggest that it was an attempt to try and gloss over a lack of actual signings in probably the 2 positions that we really require them though.

Guest Brockvillenomore
15 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Just trying to figure out where cost savings can be had.

Everyone talks about how can we raise extra cash (particularly through the FSS / Patrons Groups who have really helped over the last year)... ....but the flip side of the coin is how can we also save cash ?

Sometimes hard questions need to be asked !

At the fans meeting in May or June last year the Directors covered all this, explaining they had reviewed the staff and structure and it was now the lowest it had been since the Ochilview days.  

16 hours ago, Zbairn said:

.but the flip side of the coin is how can we also save cash ?

Completely theoretical and not sure if we incur any costs over and above the catering contracts but what about the disposable consumables like cups etc. 

Does that cost get factored into the cleaning/disposal and is additional costs for waste management or is that parcelled up with the council service.

Outside looking in we might only guess at true costs of running the operation.

1 hour ago, Brockvillenomore said:

At the fans meeting in May or June last year the Directors covered all this, explaining they had reviewed the staff and structure and it was now the lowest it had been since the Ochilview days.  

Indeed and they outsourced the accounting function which has saved a lot.

7 hours ago, Brockvillenomore said:

A number of staff quit last year which brought the head count down.

Guest Brockvillenomore
2 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

A number of staff quit last year which brought the head count down.

And were replaced weren’t they? There’s a lot of new faces. 

15 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

Thanks.  I don't recall seeing the FSS AGM or who stood for the committee.  But I might have missed it.

From what I remember from a year ago at the last AGM there were no new candidates that put themselves forward and so the committee were re-elected by default. This year's AGM is also coming up and there was a recent notice about standing for election for the committee.

On 31/01/2023 at 15:49, Blame Me said:

Indeed. 

Going by the Falkirk Daft podcast with KJ we seem to have a good relationship with the council when it was brought up about moving operations out. 

However, going by my weekly visits (poor facilities replenishment, which I assume is the councils purview) and the public relationship between the two you'd wonder if the club and council knew each other - Some examples of where they could jointly do more to help each other in my view.

The Falkirk Stadium (@FalkirkStadium) / Twitter

Kelpies to Kick Off 2023 Tickets, Sat 4 Mar 2023 at 11:00 | Eventbrite

All the talk about cost cutting and revenue generation reminded me of a conversation I had with my in law. The Stadium can do more to be a focal point for the local community, to increase footfall on site. Doesn’t need to be solely football but what about hosting bingo nights in hospitality if there’s spare capacity during the week. Anything bringing more people to the Stadium can only be a good thing.

34 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

All the talk about cost cutting and revenue generation reminded me of a conversation I had with my in law. The Stadium can do more to be a focal point for the local community, to increase footfall on site. Doesn’t need to be solely football but what about hosting bingo nights in hospitality if there’s spare capacity during the week. Anything bringing more people to the Stadium can only be a good thing.

Agreed...... but we need to think of ways that the Club can maximise revenues from the parts that it effectively owns within the Stadium.  Not much point if it just fills the Council's coffers and the Club dont get anything as payback.

Edited by Zbairn

37 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Could be a bit of a lottory and may not be enough room in the house.

36 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

All depends on the cut the council will take for services opening up.

Got to be a decent return or people end up being useful idiots for the mob that own the stadium.

Why not utilise the south stand? Or the other areas of the main stand the club do have. The council only need be involved (or paid) when and if the club use the function/corporate suites and catering facilities within the main stand. There are plenty other areas of the stadium that could well be being under utilised, the south stand bar for example. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.