The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

My personal view:

Let's be realistic. From a standing start we have 630 people paying into FSS at least £10 a month.

THAT IS PRETTY AMAZING and it is NOT a failure. 

To expect 1200 or more to join up within 18 months is to my mind not realistic. With the exception of Hearts, none of the other fan organisations are doing better than 50% of their season ticket holders giving additional donations.

Fans want fan ownership but let's not see a success story be re-scripted as failure or lack of desire.

The important thing is long term steady growth and keeping those already paying in on board. To try to accelerate membership growth beyond what is actually feasible will damage the project.

There are issues with fan ownership - that we see now in these accounts - mainly when money injection is needed the fans can't raise enough quickly enough but this is a known issue (I organised a one day seminar on The Future of Scottish Football back in 1999 for the John Wheatley centre and this was identified then as the biggest problem with fan ownership). It does not mean that fan ownership cannot happen especially if you want a fan ownership that is not a majority of shareholders but a significant proportion.

Football is a stupid industry - it is a "sugar daddy" industry because it has relied on investment from individuals who do not usually seek to regain their investment. But it should not be like that. The whole of football needs to be rebalanced but because there are always people willing to bail out clubs far bigger than ours then the model keeps being dominant. If other clubs had to live within their means then all of football would have to create sane budgets and stop the ever increasing wage and transfer bills.

FSS is a huge success story even when compared with other such organisations and I am fed being told it is under performing. 

This is exactly how I see it too.

Full fan ownership cannot work for us as we will always need some sort of external investment in times of crisis or just getting thru the season as has been seen.

Increasing fan ownership is vital , as is keeping "sugar daddy" serial investors on board with significant shares.

I take my hat off to anyone "investing" in a loss making business. Soft loans are a different kettle of fish and has to be last resort option  

Jesus wept  Williamson signing for Montrose on a pre contract as if there was going to be a rush for his services in June. That announcement is pure comedy value.This is a boy that signs his own sick lines FFS. He's not just injury prone he has no interest in playing if he's got a slight scratch. I'm shocked anyone's been crazy enough to sign him at all.😂😂😂

Surprised Williamson has managed as many as 22 league starts in a year and a half tbh. 

Looked decent when he first arrived but never got going again after his first injury, both in terms of match sharpness and confidence/ body language. Has now been injured pretty much all of this season and yet another of Holt's signings to be filed under disastrous 

Just a shame Montrose are part time or they might have taken him just now. I hope to god he isn't one of the boys joining the fire brigade. Imagine looking out the window to see him coming up the ladder to save you as his hamstring goes twang and he's stuck half way up .

Just now, ShaggerG said:

I wonder if Williamson may be another 'by mutual consent' as presumably he's going part-time with Montrose so might have a job lined up? Could maybe save us a few bob.

I think if that was the case the announcement wouldn't be simply as a pre contract.  Mcglynn is desperate to move him on so would be very easy to deal with .

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think if that was the case the announcement wouldn't be simply as a pre contract.  Mcglynn is desperate to move him on so would be very easy to deal with .

Aye, but they could possibly still be working on a settlement.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

It really is a strange move to publicly reveal you have signed a pre contract with a league rival pre the window closing. 

McGlynn at times in interview gave the impression he really didn't know wtf was going on with Williamson at least now he will 😃

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Need to target a RB again in the summer as both options will be away then.

Rowe out of Contract at Coventry.  They just recalled a right-back from his loan at Shrewsbury today. Every chance, and I think McGlynn alluded to this in one of his interviews, that Rowe was here till the season end and lets see what happens beyond that

2 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Rowe out of Contract at Coventry.  They just recalled a right-back from his loan at Shrewsbury today. Every chance, and I think McGlynn alluded to this in one of his interviews, that Rowe was here till the season end and lets see what happens beyond that

Offer him a 10 year deal, now.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I wonder if Williamson may be another 'by mutual consent' as presumably he's going part-time with Montrose so might have a job lined up? Could maybe save us a few bob.

I hear he has a job as a physio. He has gained a lot of experience. Enjoy your new career son