The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Don’t know Sandy Alexander or Martin Ritchie personally but have to say that from my perspective seeing them standing alongside me & my family behind the goal on Saturday is sufficient to confirm them tas true Bairn supporters 

Never understood the vitriol towards MR and SA personally.  Decent Falkirk fans who have put their hands in their pockets and attend more games than the vast majority of the regular posters on here.  You couldn't paint a red neck on some of the individuals who slagged them off for years but were happy to go cap in hand and ask for their cash.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

No real surprise that. Just a shame they aren't taking him off our hands now.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Williamson signed a pre-contract with Montrose 😂

That answers the question I was coming on to ask then…😳 I wouldn’t be surprised if we haven’t tried to take him just now since we haven’t actually had a natural right back all season. 

4 minutes ago, Aidan said:

That answers the question I was coming on to ask then…😳 I wouldn’t be surprised if we haven’t tried to take him just now since we haven’t actually had a natural right back all season. 

He is never fit. Out for another 2/3 weeks at least. Ok going forward but probably the worst defender we have 

After we signed the Williamson , a good friend albeit a Thistle fan said if we could keep him on the field, he’d be a decent player. Whatever the reasons behind his continued absence really hope he gets on the straight and narrow. (hopefully and sincerely hope it’s not an issue unrelated to physical) thanks Ryan hope it all goes well.

Just now, Hughsie said:

Surely he’s going now?

You don’t normally do the signing picture with the shirt when it’s just a pre-contract.

Aye I'd have to agree. Can't see him kicking a ball for us again even if he's going with our best wishes i.e. been told he's not getting renewed.

With his injury record is he likely to put his body on the line if needed when he's got a paying gig lined up ...

Just now, Blame Me said:

Aye I'd have to agree. Can't see him kicking a ball for us again even if he's going with our best wishes i.e. been told he's not getting renewed.

With his injury record is he likely to put his body on the line if needed when he's got a paying gig lined up ...

There was a picture of him coming out of the bus at FC Edinburgh?

42 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

That's interesting.  Who decides who those attendees are and how are they empowered to vote for all FSS members?

Like any democratic organisation the executive committee is elected. And by the constitution they are empowered to vote on behalf of the body.

Is there any other practical way to do it? If you wish then stand for the committee - elections are coming soon.

I do feel for Williamson. 

If he leaves tonight hel still be in with a shout of goal of the season come May. Too seldom seen though unfortunately and was just never ever going to nail down a place in the team. No choice for both parties but to move on. Best of luck to the laddie.