The Falkirk FC Thread

39 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I had a look at the website. 

The MSO is part time and does a job which is a requirement for every football club if they want a licence to play in the SPFL. 

SLO is voluntary, or at least I assume so given the current incumbents previous history as a volunteer. In the past this role was sometimes tacked onto the job descriptions of permanent staff or directors. It's another role which I'm sure is a requirement of the SPFL. 

DAO is the same. Almost certainly voluntary and needed for our licence. 

Ditto safeguarding. The current incumbent has been a volunteer since he was the matchday announcer back at Brockville. 

And as a fan director, I think can safely assume Keith Gourlay is also a volunteer. 

So in reality of the five staff listed under operations we have one part-time employee. 

As for the shop, yes there are two people work who there. One is definitely part time; I'm not sure about the other. They're legally entitled to time off so I don't think two is excessive as you always need cover. 

Every single one of them is a Falkirk fan who, if paid, probably does far more than they get paid for. 

The only other employees to my knowledge are the groundstaff. 

For that reason I don't think there are any savings to be made from staff cuts.

There are actually less paid staff now than there used to be, with two instead of three in Commercial and Finance outsourced. 

Never mind all that, very helpful and constructive though it is - you had the Nikon oot the day??? 👀

40 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I had a look at the website. 

The MSO is part time and does a job which is a requirement for every football club if they want a licence to play in the SPFL. 

SLO is voluntary, or at least I assume so given the current incumbents previous history as a volunteer. In the past this role was sometimes tacked onto the job descriptions of permanent staff or directors. It's another role which I'm sure is a requirement of the SPFL. 

DAO is the same. Almost certainly voluntary and needed for our licence. 

Ditto safeguarding. The current incumbent has been a volunteer since he was the matchday announcer back at Brockville. 

And as a fan director, I think can safely assume Keith Gourlay is also a volunteer. 

So in reality of the five staff listed under operations we have one part-time employee. 

As for the shop, yes there are two people work who there. One is definitely part time; I'm not sure about the other. They're legally entitled to time off so I don't think two is excessive as you always need cover. 

Every single one of them is a Falkirk fan who, if paid, probably does far more than they get paid for. 

The only other employees to my knowledge are the groundstaff. 

For that reason I don't think there are any savings to be made from staff cuts.

There are actually less paid staff now than there used to be, with two instead of three in Commercial and Finance outsourced. 

Cheers for the clarification !  Happy with that explanation !!

11 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

That was my thinking. Can't see it being Murray sadly even though I think that would be a great signing.

We currently have 3 fit centre halves in Donaldson, MCKay & Mackie with Henderson now cemented his place as our midfield enforcer & Watson some way from injury so signing another experienced central defender like Murray could be a very sensible deal if we can afford him

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Never mind all that, very helpful and constructive though it is - you had the Nikon oot the day??? 👀

No, and my evening is planned to be spent shooting a closed-door friendly. I'm not currently aware of any plans for a signing to happen. 

I wouldn't imagine Broomhills likely paying part of Finlay Malcolms wages frees up much money, and if it does my guess is McGlynn would take his time to identify targets. The club have (I think) until the end of February to make loan signings so it seem unlikely they would rush out and make one tonight. We shall see. 

Here @Zbairn was going to PM you there but since the initial message was public.... Wasn't meant as a dig at all at you. Just its something that I have passed comment on before. 

I know you weren't coming from an angle of "We should bin them all" or anything like that. 

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No, and my evening is planned to be spent shooting a closed-door friendly. I'm not currently aware of any plans for a signing to happen. 

I wouldn't imagine Broomhills likely paying part of Finlay Malcolms wages frees up much money, and if it does my guess is McGlynn would take his time to identify targets. The club have (I think) until the end of February to make loan signings so it seem unlikely they would rush out and make one tonight. We shall see. 

Get a photo of Euan Murray kissing the badge tonight when you see him 

36 minutes ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

With Malcolm going out, does that mean we potentially see one more coming in tonight?

I doubt it, if there's still money to bring someone in it'll be down to other departures this month as Broomhill won't be covering all of Malcolm's wages.

8 outgoings this window and 5 new signings, think we'd all agree we look better for it. Right back was a must and McGlynn sorted that straight away, we then had to deal with Alegria getting recalled which hopefully Allan & Wright prove themselves up to the task. Meekison's hopefully not out for too long as he adds that bit of extra quality and then Kinnear is here to keep Morrison on his toes.

Outs - Nicky Hogarth (Recalled), Paddy Martin (Bonnyrigg, loan), Blair Sneddon (Berwick, loan), Seb Ross (Forfar), Steven Hetherington (Abroath, loan), Jaime Wilson (Heidelburg United), Juan Alegria (Recalled), Finlay Malcolm (OG Broomhill, loan)

Ins - Brian Kinnear (West Ham, loan), Blaine Rowe (Coventry, loan), Archie Meekison (Dundee United, loan), Matthew Wright (Ross County, loan), Jordan Allan (Clyde)

Edited by FFC 1876

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Here @Zbairn was going to PM you there but since the initial message was public.... Wasn't meant as a dig at all at you. Just its something that I have passed comment on before. 

I know you weren't coming from an angle of "We should bin them all" or anything like that. 

Just trying to figure out where cost savings can be had.

Everyone talks about how can we raise extra cash (particularly through the FSS / Patrons Groups who have really helped over the last year)... ....but the flip side of the coin is how can we also save cash ?

Sometimes hard questions need to be asked !