The Falkirk FC Thread

26 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Possibly.

To have a CEO on around (rumoured) £50k for a club our size and turnover is perhaps a wee bit excessive.

I think we depend on many volunteers but I'm not convinced that the full time admin staff  we have are possibly as efficient as they could be. We have 2 in retail and ticketing. Our ticketing system is now pretty much automated and we have passed a bit of our shop sales over to Greaves (another potential loss of cash given over to someone else that I wouldnt have, if I'm being honest). I'm not sure what else they do during the week. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

According to the website we also have 5 in operation, plus 2 in Commercial (who we really need !!! )

It's only one facet of where we should maybe look at cost savings !

If you think you’re going to get anyone competent enough to run the club properly for less than £50k a year you’re mad.

23 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

To have a CEO on around (rumoured) £50k for a club our size and turnover is perhaps a wee bit excessive.

Given our CEO's experience and skill set I don't think the rumoured 50K is that bad, all considered!

On the utilisation of staff, I expect there is a trade-off that's been calculated in tie-ups like Greaves and Ticketing which may not be obvious.

The one I currently can't fathom and can only surmise is due to our catering supplier arrangements is the deal with SeatService. One of their USP's is increasing concession revenue and yet we haven't taken advantage of the service and generate some additional monies. 

3 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Given our CEO's experience and skill set I don't think the rumoured 50K is that bad, all considered!

On the utilisation of staff, I expect there is a trade-off that's been calculated in tie-ups like Greaves and Ticketing which may not be obvious.

The one I currently can't fathom and can only surmise is due to our catering supplier arrangements is the deal with SeatService. One of their USP's is increasing concession revenue and yet we haven't taken advantage of the service and generate some additional monies. 

I hate discussion of staff salaries but agreed, given the huge job the CEO currently has at the club, 50k is in absolutely no way "excessive"

2 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I'm trying to look at things in the round....where we can cut overheads.

Reducing the KM Stand rent and the Council's take would be a big help. I also think there are some complications in terms of who supplies what during match day for hospitality, in that the club have to accept some form of Council contract for the catering / bar. ...all of which possibly reduces our take.

1 hour ago, Zbairn said:

I think we depend on many volunteers but I'm not convinced that the full time admin staff  we have are possibly as efficient as they could be. I'm not sure what else they do during the week. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Absolutely nothing, I would presume. I’m sure the board would definitely employ staff to sit around all day.

Quite impressive how you’re “not sure” what these individuals’ roles actually entail yet have somehow come to the conclusion that they’re “not as efficient as they could be”. Perhaps you could go along to shadow one for a week and produce a report on how much more efficient they should be.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

10 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Reducing the KM Stand rent and the Council's take would be a big help.

Indeed. 

Going by the Falkirk Daft podcast with KJ we seem to have a good relationship with the council when it was brought up about moving operations out. 

However, going by my weekly visits (poor facilities replenishment, which I assume is the councils purview) and the public relationship between the two you'd wonder if the club and council knew each other - Some examples of where they could jointly do more to help each other in my view.

The Falkirk Stadium (@FalkirkStadium) / Twitter

Kelpies to Kick Off 2023 Tickets, Sat 4 Mar 2023 at 11:00 | Eventbrite

4 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Absolutely nothing, I would presume. I’m sure the board would definitely employ staff to sit around all day.

Quite impressive how you’re “not sure” what these individuals’ roles actually entail yet have somehow come to the conclusion that they’re “not as efficient as they could be”. Perhaps you could go along to shadow one for a week and produce a report on how much more efficient they should be.

We must be coming together as a support. I just greenied a Pedro post 

8 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Indeed. 

Going by the Falkirk Daft podcast with KJ we seem to have a good relationship with the council when it was brought up about moving operations out. 

However, going by my weekly visits (poor facilities replenishment, which I assume is the councils purview) and the public relationship between the two you'd wonder if the club and council knew each other - Some examples of where they could jointly do more to help each other in my view.

The Falkirk Stadium (@FalkirkStadium) / Twitter

Kelpies to Kick Off 2023 Tickets, Sat 4 Mar 2023 at 11:00 | Eventbrite

I think it is fair to say that the arrangement at the stadium is our biggest problem as a club. Hamilton, for example, make more money from their stadium than we take in ST’s. How we get over that looks nigh on impossible unless we somehow manage to buy them out. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

3 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I'm sure they would love that ! 

The point I'm making is that we have 2 staff for ticketing and retail. I have no clue what the detailed job descriptions are.....I'm only asking the question if this is sensible and if anyone can enlighten me,  given that a lot of the ticketing is now online and a bit of retail is with Greaves.

I'm sure that those ITK can provide some answers. 

The Council should absolutely be going to the club as part of their consultation over all their buildings. 

If its good enough to shut down the ski slopes, numerous community centres, Gymnastics Centres, swimming pools etc that the kids of this area use and will never get back, then they can come to us with a price too. 

Or is there as much council vanity involved as there ever was from those in charge of Falkirk?

5 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

I'm sure they would love that ! 

The point I'm making is that we have 2 staff for ticketing and retail. I have no clue what the detailed job descriptions are.....I'm only asking the question if this is sensible and if anyone can enlighten me,  given that a lot of the ticketing is now online and a bit of retail is with Greaves.

I'm sure that those ITK can provide some answers. 

Well, for a start, given that the club shop is open five (sometimes six) days a week, presumably an employee is required to staff it?

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just to add, I know there are people on here at varying levels of involvement and #ITK around the club, and that's fine, plenty times it's good to read the perspective of folk who are at least somewhat inside of it, but I personally think the remit of a discussion board is exceeded somewhat when discussion turns to folks jobs, salaries etc and directly questioning, or inferring, whether we need to employ these folk. 

They might be on here, or their families might be. 

You can also add players and managers to that. Maybe even SA, given that you call him a Fifer.  Perhaps even some past directors and employees that have been castigated by one and all.

1 hour ago, Zbairn said:

According to the website we also have 5 in operation, plus 2 in Commercial (who we really need !!! )

I had a look at the website. 

The MSO is part time and does a job which is a requirement for every football club if they want a licence to play in the SPFL. 

SLO is voluntary, or at least I assume so given the current incumbents previous history as a volunteer. In the past this role was sometimes tacked onto the job descriptions of permanent staff or directors. It's another role which I'm sure is a requirement of the SPFL. 

DAO is the same. Almost certainly voluntary and needed for our licence. 

Ditto safeguarding. The current incumbent has been a volunteer since he was the matchday announcer back at Brockville. 

And as a fan director, I think can safely assume Keith Gourlay is also a volunteer. 

So in reality of the five staff listed under operations we have one part-time employee. 

As for the shop, yes there are two people work who there. One is definitely part time; I'm not sure about the other. They're legally entitled to time off so I don't think two is excessive as you always need cover. 

Every single one of them is a Falkirk fan who, if paid, probably does far more than they get paid for. 

The only other employees to my knowledge are the groundstaff. 

For that reason I don't think there are any savings to be made from staff cuts.

There are actually less paid staff now than there used to be, with two instead of three in Commercial and Finance outsourced. 

3 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

You can also add players and managers to that. Maybe even SA, given that you call him a Fifer.  Perhaps even some past directors and employees that have been castigated by one and all.

Well yeah but it's a football discussion forum which makes discussion of footballing staff pretty fair game tbh. 

And Samdy Alexander has been a condescending fanny towards the fans on more than one occasion. 

Edited by Bairnardo