The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, PetShopBairn said:

Just spoke to my mate who is a Celtic fan but watches Dunfermline as he is the best mate of Chris Mochrie’s dad. He reckons Dunfermline’s forward line are not good enough and that we are favourites for the league.

Ok I have a similar scenario of my own and willing to be shot down in flames. My mate spoke to a bloke who is Mehmet’s (Dunfermline goalie) partner’s relative. So the rumour which came out of the Dunfermline changing room is that McPake has admitted to his players that, man for man, their squad is not as good as Falkirk’s in a pure footballing sense, ie. Falkirk would play them off the park if they tried to play football. Makes sense given their smash and grab at TFS, after parking the bus with a large dose of gamesmanship thrown in. Horrible to watch but it worked for them that day. So McPake knows we’re stronger. We just need to knock a few goals past them to prove he’s right.

Edited by GunnerBairn

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with the strikers they have, they just don't create enough chances due to how Mcpake has them playing. They started with 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders against Clyde yesterday.

Not entirely true. We created enough chances yesterday to win our next five games, we just couldn’t finish them, so I’d argue the strikers we have are the issue, they all seem to have the same mentality where they go missing for spells, unfortunately for us all seem to do it in the same game. After Clyde scored yesterday we took centre and should have scored straight away, then could have had another four in the 15 minutes that followed. If there was any word I’d use to describe our four strikers it would be wasteful. 

We've played 12 games at home but only 9 away. Given we've generally been better at TFS we will need to keep up the current standard of performance over the run of away games. If we can take 6 points from Kelty and Alloa away that would be 7 wins in a row and a real statement towards challenging for the league 

22 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

We've played 12 games at home but only 9 away. Given we've generally been better at TFS we will need to keep up the current standard of performance over the run of away games. If we can take 6 points from Kelty and Alloa away that would be 7 wins in a row and a real statement towards challenging for the league 

Very important that we continue the winning run given that Dunfermline have a few awkward games coming up.

This is the time to really put the pressure on them.

7 hours ago, GunnerBairn said:

Ok I have a similar scenario of my own and willing to be shot down in flames. My mate spoke to a bloke who is Mehmet’s (Dunfermline goalie) partner’s relative. So the rumour which came out of the Dunfermline changing room is that McPake has admitted to his players that, man for man, their squad is not as good as Falkirk’s in a pure footballing sense, ie. Falkirk would play them off the park if they tried to play football. Makes sense given their smash and grab at TFS, after parking the bus with a large dose of gamesmanship thrown in. Horrible to watch but it worked for them that day. So McPake knows we’re stronger. We just need to knock a few goals past them to prove he’s right.

Did you actually type that? What a load of absolute nonsense 

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Kelty on Saturday is huge, given the way we have played against them in the previous two games. We have to win the physical battle and take our chances. I think the squad is better placed mentally to do this, Henderson in midfield makes a big difference.

The second half of the game at TFS we gave them a bit of a battering so not concerned about previous performances.