The Falkirk FC Thread

Good day all round. 

Gap closed to 5 points, every game massive now, especially this away run were into.

Hope we play the rearranged Dunfermline away match before our home fixture against them.

Certainly a sight more enjoyable than the last two seasons. 

41 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not for me. Oliver is nowhere near as effective in his midfield role as Nesbit is. As it stands, Nesbit owns that role, and only Lawal or the somewhat unknown quantity of Meekison who hopefully isnt out for too long can get it off him for me. 

Certainly not as busy a player but better at bringing others into the game and more likely to nick a goal though I am happy to recognise the improvement in Nesbit.

Good to have options and looking forward to Lawal regaining fitness.

Guest Ecosse83

After the last few years we have had I’m still looking over my shoulder at 5th place, 6 points doesn’t seem much back to Alloa but 5 points seems miles away for me to Dunfermline. Mind f**k! 😂

Would be very Falkirk to pick up a good win today after a few signings being made, and still finish the weekend despondent that Kennedy is away and Meekison is out. 

That said, from McGlynns interview I don't think we can surmise all that much about his injury tbh. 

The standard of the officials at this level of football is unacceptable,you will not see a more blatant push for a penalty this or any other season,what makes it worse is the asst was looking straight at it as well as the useless c**t in charge.He of course also never gave a foul on Brad and pulled the game back when Morrison was about to score when the Edinburgh player had an eyelash in his eye.

On 27/01/2023 at 22:48, Bainsfordbairn said:

He played in five pre-season games. Away to The New Saints in Wales, Aberdeen at Arbroath, Airdrie at home, Cove Rangers at Montrose and away to Alloa after we signed Dylan Mackin on the same day. All were sub appearances. 

Hartley never commented on why he signed Mackin and not Allan. The impression I had at the time is that he was a hard worker who wasn't the biggest but would put the ball in the net if you gave him a chance. As we already had Kevin O Hara under contract, perhaps the feeling was that both were similar in playstyle whereas Mackin offered something different. 

Jordan Allan (4) .jpg

If it's just a first stage pull &: as mcglynn says it's never happened before he'll be fine...it's not Michael Owen territory 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Wouldn’t think they’d be looking at him, more likely Kennedy if the shite in the daily’s are correct 

Obviously not McGuffie but Kennedy is Rainjurs player so if it is one of our own players we must be happy with the fee being offered.

Which would hopefully be re invested in the team.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

The standard of the officials at this level of football is unacceptable,you will not see a more blatant push for a penalty this or any other season,what makes it worse is the asst was looking straight at it as well as the useless c**t in charge.He of course also never gave a foul on Brad and pulled the game back when Morrison was about to score when the Edinburgh player had an eyelash in his eye.

I’m standing by my prediction that we will not get a penalty awarded to us, in the League, for the entire season. Watch this space.

23 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Interesting that Burrell wasn’t brought on?

McGlynn said in his interview he chose to bring the new guys on to give them a taste whilst it was 2-0. Don’t think there is any story in Burrell not getting on tbh.